• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, DEE123 said:

Is that the SBS bus I saw today? 
I saw what appeared to be a new SBS bus in the yard 

That unit is not a SBS bus. You may have either seen 5476 that's an LFSA that was there for storage or 1205 that's there for a long time. 

Edited by Calvin

On 9/27/2023 at 11:35 AM, Calvin said:

At JFK, 3523 is now retired, no longer active at its pool. 

Please disregard this unit: 3523 is still active (long-term Maintenace). However, 3531 mentioned has parts removed and 3221 at Yonkers that's reflected from first page. 

Edited by Calvin

I know I mentioned 3523 being back in service after heavy maintenance. 

However, instead, 3704 at JFK is retired to scrap as this unit has the OMNY removed and farebox.

Edited by Calvin
3523 was meant for 3704. Also, removed from service after Baisley Park moved some of their old Gens over there.

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

I know I mentioned 3523 being back in service after heavy maintenance. 

However, instead, 3704 at JFK is retired to scrap as this unit has the OMNY removed and farebox.

Dispite being over 15 years old, I'm surpised none of #3500-3783 ever transferred over to NYCTA like many of BC's Orion V CNGs did (and even MCI D4500CLs).

52 minutes ago, Travis Mcnonald said:

Dispite being over 15 years old, I'm surpised none of #3500-3783 ever transferred over to NYCTA like many of BC's Orion V CNGs did (and even MCI D4500CLs).

a few 3700s from LGA did go to MHV for a day but the city threw a big fit (rightfully so) and they sent them right back.

7 hours ago, Travis Mcnonald said:

Buses that get purchased for “(MTA) Bus “ are normally not suppose to be transferred over to “(MTA) New York City Bus” depots for use. I believe after the bus reaches a certain age then it’s okay. 

17 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Buses that get purchased for “(MTA) Bus “ are normally not suppose to be transferred over to “(MTA) New York City Bus” depots for use. I believe after the bus reaches a certain age then it’s okay. 

Right, hence the 1998 and 1999 Orion V CNGs being moved around all over the place in their final years (including to MTA Long Island bus even). The MCI D4500CLs however seemed to have been a strange exception as some moved over (for a time) to the SI division back in 2007-2008 due to an appearent shortage at the time. You'd think some of the BC Hybrids would have filled in when the Nova LFS Hybrids were OOS in Manhattan.

On 9/30/2023 at 12:55 AM, Travis Mcnonald said:

Because NYCT (MABSTOA) retired theirs long ago.  They didn't need them as they had plenty of NG's.  If they needed buses they would have just transferred fewer to MTA Bus and/or retired fewer.

3709: Far Rock/JFK also removed and retired from service. 
* This Old Gen with 3704 have been replaced with one of the Baisley units for now and both marked for upcoming scrap to Eastchester because their fare boxes are removed and parts on the interior, closed off for use.

Edited by Calvin

On 9/30/2023 at 12:55 AM, Travis Mcnonald said:

The 3200-3243 MCIs went to Staten Island for a while until their regular coaches came back 

4 hours ago, Calvin said:

3253: Far Rockaway and 4401: ex QV NYCT -> both JFK retired with no farebox 

4401 is not retired as of yet. It has a broken tracker. 3253 is also not retired as of yet. It was at Grand Avenue CMF for heavy maintenance, and it is now back at Far Rockaway.

Edited by RSMG106