MTA Bus Operations: Scrapped Equipment List

The TransitMan

3511: JFK now retired from passenger service. This unit is finished because the Farebox and OMNY is fully wiped out. 

And also, 3982: before at ENY at NYCT to JFK, MTA Bus retired as well. With the base OMNY are Farebox removed, this Next Gen hybrid has parts removed. Being converted to a parts bus as majority of the front has been removed. 

Edited by Calvin
These are the following units removed at JFK at this time.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following old Gens at JFK are marked for retirement due to Nova LFS in delivery process from said name (JFK): 3523 and 3691. 
* These said numbers have no more OMNY and Farebox in tact barricaded from service. 3523 especially, seen no longer in-use. 

Edited by Calvin

3 hours ago, Ale188 said:

@The TransitMan Can you update the first page please?

27 minutes ago, Calvin said:

The user is busy on the outside. It’ll be updated by the end or middle of this month or so. But, for now, listed units are noted to him. 

I'll update next week. Just waiting on confirmation from a few members.

7 hours ago, Calvin said:

The user is busy on the outside. It’ll be updated by the end or middle of this month or so. But, for now, listed units are noted to him. 

7 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

I'll update next week. Just waiting on confirmation from a few members.

That's cool.

3694: Old Generation unit that moved from Baisley Park a while back now retired at JFK. No OMNY and Farebox today as seen this week. 

3695: JFK unit old Gen as well retired just now because the Farebox and OMNY has been removed by MTA crew seen in person passing on the way to clock in for work 

Edited by Calvin

3537: JFK retired from service recently along with 3694 and 3695. This old hybrid has the farebox, radio and OMNY taken out while the front door is fully opened. 

Edited by Calvin
Between October 29 up to now November 5, all hybrid units marked for retirement are due to making space and switching the new Novas or for now using BP Next Gens in active service

On 10/28/2023 at 5:50 AM, Calvin said:

3511: JFK now retired from passenger service. This unit is finished because the Farebox and OMNY is fully wiped out. 

And also, 3982: before at ENY at NYCT to JFK, MTA Bus retired as well. With the base OMNY are Farebox removed, this Next Gen hybrid has parts removed. Being converted to a parts bus as majority of the front has been removed. 

Can  they be spotted from public view? Or are they hidden out of sight?

On 11/4/2023 at 9:57 PM, Calvin said:

3694: Old Generation unit that moved from Baisley Park a while back now retired at JFK. No OMNY and Farebox today as seen this week. 

3695: JFK unit old Gen as well retired just now because the Farebox and OMNY has been removed by MTA crew seen in person passing on the way to clock in for work 

3695 isn't retired it's in service on the Q40 as of rn.

Greetings!

The FIRST PAGE has been updated! Submitted for your approval! Enjoy!

On 9/28/2023 at 10:59 PM, Schooltripper7989 said:

Just for the online roster still have 3749 active out of jfk that bus has been retired and no longer in service since February

"Schooltripper7989" that bus has been on the list since at least April or May.

Couple of notes to the first page update:

* 3007 and 3048 at CP are still active. 3356 at Yonkers is active They only went through being repaired. 

3431 at Eastchester -> retired from passenger service that was reflected from recent first page update but used for parts for the rest of their MCI fleet. 

On 11/4/2023 at 9:57 PM, Calvin said:

The bolded unit, 3695 had repairs that looked like it was removed in my fault. Although, parts were added for it to be back in-service. In this case, 3621 is retired (meant to clarify this unit). Just now, the farebox and OMNY are gone. 

* 3888: removed from passenger service but converted to a yard unit (transitioned to yard duty) at JFK (driver partition roped between the passenger walkway) . Its parked and is in indication (like an object) between the units needing/pending major repairs or is retired and the ones that are active and parked for the day or next day or so. 

Edited by Calvin

7 hours ago, Calvin said:

Couple of notes to the first page update:

* 3007 and 3048 at CP are still active. 3356 at Yonkers is active They only went through being repaired. 

3431 at Eastchester -> retired from passenger service that was reflected from recent first page update but used for parts for the rest of their MCI fleet. 

The bolded unit, 3695 had repairs that looked like it was removed in my fault. Although, parts were added for it to be back in-service. In this case, 3621 is retired (meant to clarify this unit). Just now, the farebox and OMNY are gone. 

* 3888: removed from passenger service but converted to a yard unit (transitioned to yard duty) at JFK (driver partition roped between the passenger walkway) . Its parked and is in indication (like an object) between the units needing/pending major repairs or is retired and the ones that are active and parked for the day or next day or so. 

Wow, I just rode 3621 a few days ago then proceeded to just miss it deadheading along the Rockaway Flats. It looks like I caught this unit on its very last day of service. They're not hesitating at all to retire these first. I strongly suggest for those who can to make time to capture these buses NOW before they become too difficult to find in the next few weeks.

Also to note 3621 was one of 3 units remaining with the older slim-font signage. 3502 and 3506 remain. 

Edited by 4P3607

2 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

Wow, I just rode 3621 a few days ago then proceeded to just miss it deadheading along the Rockaway Flats. It looks like I caught this unit on its very last day of service. They're not hesitating at all to retire these first. I strongly suggest for those who can to make time to capture these buses NOW before they become too difficult to find in the next few weeks.

Also to note 3621 was one of 3 units remaining with the older slim-font signage. 3502 and 3506 remain. 

These are the oldest buses in the system, they need to go. One more year and some of those Orion VII’s will be old enough to go to college lol. I remember when these buses were brand new running up and down Jamaica Ave with the black backs and the fabric seats. Definitely a different era in MTA history. Nowadays we are pretty much stuff with the same two models the LFS and the XD40 with their articulated counterparts. I just find MTA bus fanning to be more dull compared to the 2000s and early 2010s. 

Also does anyone know which unit out of the MTA Bus Orion VII OG order was the first unit delivered and tested? Was 3500 the first one delivered. 

14 hours ago, Calvin said:

3888: removed from passenger service but converted to a yard unit (transitioned to yard duty) at JFK (driver partition roped between the passenger walkway) . Its parked and is in indication (like an object) between the units needing/pending major repairs or is retired and the ones that are active and parked for the day or next day or so. 

3888: returned to passenger service after two months of yard duty. Although, this unit rotates between passenger service of at the yard. This unit was never mentioned as retired to be clear of. 

Although, 3633 and 3663: these old Gens are now retired stripped off the OMNY and Farebox. 

Edited by Calvin

6 hours ago, 4P3607 said:

I don’t think 3510 retired yet so it’s 3 units remaining.

Okay, something needs to be said, because this is getting annoying even for me.
Unless its absolutely certain that a bus is retired and is at Eastchester or stripped for parts or whatever, do not report anything.
Some of y'all have been making a ton of false reports, and some of y'all are trying to get ahead of the curve for clout, you know who you are, cut that shit out.
Removal of farebox does not automatically mean that the bus is retired.

Post only if a bus is ACTUALLY retired by way of it being towed to/at Eastchester scrap, stripped for parts or whatever, stop posting all of this situational shit that make it seem they are actually retired or not.

Edited by Cait Sith