Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

On 5/15/2022 at 1:50 AM, Faisal said:

Hi guys. I got called for my opa on June 1. My list number is XXXX. Any tips or advice on what to expect? And also how long after the opa do they start calling you folks in for pre employment?

Your list number is tied to your name so you might want to describe it as list #70XX

Just a heads up. 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first comment but I've been following this thread for a while now, Just wanted to thank everyone for the comments in this thread, had medical today and it went good, got sworn in and now in the 5/30 Class. Thank you all!

1 hour ago, Afs said:

This is my first comment but I've been following this thread for a while now, Just wanted to thank everyone for the comments in this thread, had medical today and it went good, got sworn in and now in the 5/30 Class. Thank you all!

Nice see you there, What's your list number? 

2 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

Got diagnosed with sleep apnea, so now I have to wait for the damn cpap machine to come. 8-12 weeks they said, looks like im gonna have to go through the pre employment ringer once more

No worries man, just get it done ASAP. If this test expires in 2023 you'll have plenty of time to get it cleared.

26 minutes ago, Chris8 said:

No worries man, just get it done ASAP. If this test expires in 2023 you'll have plenty of time to get it cleared.

I plan to, it should come the latest august I hope there arent any delays and I can get this done before the year ends

9 minutes ago, Chris8 said:

Yeah it looks like it, most likely low 7000s. 

I go june 2nd. List #71××

On 5/10/2022 at 8:13 PM, CD33 said:

I received an email to take an oral assessment for conductors next month after 5 years of waiting. Does anyone know the current entry level pay? The only information I can find online would mean the pay has stayed the same for 5 years..

I just received the email also. The entry level pay is $24.33.

On 5/21/2022 at 2:04 PM, StephenE said:

Hi, my list number is 5879 and I went in for the OPA 02/15/22 does anyone know when I will get any updates on next steps? still haven’t received any results from OPA

It's honestly just a waiting game, nothing you can do from your end other then being patience. :) 

On 5/18/2022 at 7:38 PM, Afs said:

How long did you have to wait for the call after you took the OPA?

I just took my OPA today. It wasn’t too bad. My list number is in the 6400’s. I hope I don’t have to wait forever. 

3 hours ago, ReseeNu said:

I just took my OPA today. It wasn’t too bad. My list number is in the 6400’s. I hope I don’t have to wait forever. 

Considering Afs' list number is 50XX, I wouldn't hold your breath.

8 hours ago, ReseeNu said:

I took the OPA January 28th, passed it received a letter in the mail 2 weeks later saying I passed both parts of it.

Then April 1st received letter in the mail about pre-employment, to report on the 12th of April at 180 livingston.

4 hours ago, Afs said:

I took the OPA January 28th, passed it received a letter in the mail 2 weeks later saying I passed both parts of it.

Then April 1st received letter in the mail about pre-employment, to report on the 12th of April at 180 livingston.

Thank you 

13 hours ago, Afs said:

What was asked at the OPA? 

Also what is the dress code? 

1 minute ago, zero3012 said:

What was asked at the OPA? 

Also what is the dress code? 

This has been asked and answered 100 times. Please read the previous pages, you're 5 years late to the party 🎉🎉🎉 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Kamen Rider said:

The great climb was completed on Friday...

I was so excited I forgot to mention it here...

I'm in!.

I'm IN!

I'M IN!

I'm in the class starting Monday, Just ordered my boots. 

Nice see you there! I got the Wolverine Bonaventure Hiker boots. They feel great and are surprisingly very light.

1 hour ago, Chris8 said:

Nice see you there! I got the Wolverine Bonaventure Hiker boots. They feel great and are surprisingly very light.

Wolverine can do nicely - for my current job I buy CAT boots and they usually ship from a wolverine warehouse... So I assume they're making them for CAT.  After many pairs of $200 - $300 boots I found that caterpillar lasts the longest. Wolverine can't be too far behind!

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

The great climb was completed on Friday...

I was so excited I forgot to mention it here...

I'm in!.

I'm IN!

I'M IN!

I'm in the class starting Monday, Just ordered my boots. 

Good shit! Congrats! list#34xx here and still waiting for them to email me once again for canvas letter since I wasn't able to clear med hold in time. Got my name restored back on 4/19. Wonder how much more waiting I must endure 😑. Hopefully will be in the next class🤞

9 hours ago, ronZO215 said:

Good shit! Congrats! list#34xx here and still waiting for them to email me once again for canvas letter since I wasn't able to clear med hold in time. Got my name restored back on 4/19. Wonder how much more waiting I must endure 😑. Hopefully will be in the next class🤞

I would contact them again if I were you since its been more than a month