Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

3 hours ago, ronZO215 said:

Morning, if you don't mind me asking; why the pre-employment again? Medical hold? or they slacked on their end and never followed up with medical?  

The pre-employment is only valid for 90 days. Unfortunately because they waited so long to get to me, I need to go in again and do the exact same process I did in November. This is very common to do the same process 1-3 times.

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/2/2022 at 10:08 AM, Mena Ibrahim said:

My NYS ID expired 6 month ago but I have a US passport. Is that OK with them when i go for my pre employment   

I'm pretty sure you need a Valid Drivers Licenses so I would email them to be sure  

11 minutes ago, Chris8 said:

The pre-employment is only valid for 90 days. Unfortunately because they waited so long to get to me, I need to go in again and do the exact same process I did in November. This is very common to do the same process 1-3 times.

Hopefully this my final time I went in November as well. I go again Friday 

2 hours ago, Chris8 said:

Copy, ty. Yea I have to do pre-employment once again since I didn't meet the 100 day window cutoff to get off the hold they put on me smh. Had to email them so I can get my name reinstated back on the list. List# 34XX...Good luck! 

On 4/2/2022 at 1:31 PM, Grady6601 said:

So I received the OTR email for me to come in on the 8th if I have pending tickets and can’t pay them that day what’s next ?

Go to dmv and try to plead guilty and pay it

i had the same issue when I first got called for pre employment , because I had plead not guilty and it’s was pending 

I had to pay couple hundred dollars to get it clear out and etc that same day and went back to be put on the list 

1 hour ago, stndclr123 said:

I missed my appointment for the OPA test. I thought that would disqualify me, but I received an email with the pre-employment package and appointment date next week. 

If you don’t mind me asking what is your list number?

8 minutes ago, TMFQuinn said:

Just got called for pre-employment Saturday 4/9. Can I expect medical to be that day or will it just be paperwork and drug testing? 

Pre employment is just paper work and drug testing, if you pass drug test they'll call you if they're up to your list number. The drug test is only good for 90 days so if they don't call you within the 90 days you'll have to another pre employment.

2 hours ago, Schecter said:

Pre employment is just paper work and drug testing, if you pass drug test they'll call you if they're up to your list number. The drug test is only good for 90 days so if they don't call you within the 90 days you'll have to another pre employment.

Thanks for the heads up. I know I am going to need to do a sleep study, so I'm trying to set one up so I don't wind up on a medical hold. What happens after that? Are you disqualified if you wind up needing a c-pap? 

1 hour ago, TMFQuinn said:

Thanks for the heads up. I know I am going to need to do a sleep study, so I'm trying to set one up so I don't wind up on a medical hold. What happens after that? Are you disqualified if you wind up needing a c-pap? 

You are not disqualified. You will be placed on medical hold if they suspect you may have sleep apnea. They will ask you to do a sleep study and you will either have sleep apnea or not. If you have it they will want you to get a machine and be on that machine for 30 days and have a doctor give you a letter stating that you are using the machine and that it is benefiting you and your condition.

I am currently on medical hold for sleep apnea. It has been a long long road. Currently waiting to be reinstated to the list so I can clear the hold. 

It will just take some patience on your part and hope you get things done quicker than I have.

31 minutes ago, TraDon said:

You are not disqualified. You will be placed on medical hold if they suspect you may have sleep apnea. They will ask you to do a sleep study and you will either have sleep apnea or not. If you have it they will want you to get a machine and be on that machine for 30 days and have a doctor give you a letter stating that you are using the machine and that it is benefiting you and your condition.

I am currently on medical hold for sleep apnea. It has been a long long road. Currently waiting to be reinstated to the list so I can clear the hold. 

It will just take some patience on your part and hope you get things done quicker than I have.

How do they suspect you have sleep apnea ? If you don't mind me asking . 

Went in for my 2nd pre-employment today. Went by much faster then the first since they called 7 of us that already did the process before, was only there for 2 hours. Will keep updating you guys on the process as I get emails. 

4 minutes ago, Chris8 said:

Went in for my 2nd pre-employment today. Went by much faster then the first since they called 7 of us that already did the process before, was only there for 2 hours. Will keep updating you guys on the process as I get emails. 

Same I was there for 8am appointment but I came way earlier I left like 9:30 I think and this also my second time doing it 

Edited by Nicholasp