Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

Just left Pre-employment. My lab tech told me they didn't need to see the original documents(ID, Social Security Card, etc.) and I found that very strange. I submitted the canvassing paperwork to a different tech, but mine was very rushed to get people in and out. Anyone else have a similar experience? 

Edited by TMFQuinn

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TMFQuinn said:

Just left Pre-employment. My lab tech told me they didn't need to see the original documents(ID, Social Security Card, etc.) and I found that very strange. I submitted the canvassing paperwork to a different tech, but mine was very rushed to get people in and out. Anyone else have a similar experience? 

They just did the drug test since it is Saturday and the clerical office staff is not in on the weekends. The lab is open because of randoms and incidents I believe. They wouldn't receive your documents and make copies because that isn't what they do. You'll probably have to go in another day for the documents but I am not 100% sure. Someone else will have surely been in on the weekend for drug testing and could give their experience. 

I know the people of Feb 20 class graduating April 11th school car 

congrats to all the new conductor The journey was head busting but your made it 

train operator school car start April 11 if there’s  no new class for conductor this past week for sure to expect one first week beginning of May

23 minutes ago, Gullys said:

I know the people of Feb 20 class graduating April 11th school car 

congrats to all the new conductor The journey was head busting but your made it 

train operator school car start April 11 if there’s  no new class for conductor this past week for sure to expect one first week beginning of May

Hope I'm in that class second pre employment I better be 🤞

2 hours ago, MTA MAC said:

I'm considering going through the pre-employment process for conductor. What employment address is used if your currently an MTA employee, is it the 180 Livingston Street or 130 Livingston. Greatly appreciate any replies..

Everything is done at 180 5th floor

1 hour ago, Watato said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to have your list number reactivated? I sent in an email last week but haven't heard anything yet. Hoping to get in for these upcoming classes.

In the email response I got from LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov after requesting my list number be restored I was told 1 - 14 days. On the 15th day I emailed them again.

11 minutes ago, TraDon said:

In the email response I got from LMACustomerService@dcas.nyc.gov after requesting my list number be restored I was told 1 - 14 days. On the 15th day I emailed them again.

Gotcha. So you gotta stay on top of them. I haven't gotten that first response yet any way

3 hours ago, Watato said:

Gotcha. So you gotta stay on top of them. I haven't gotten that first response yet any way

Email them again.

Provide your last name, last 4 digits of your SSN, Exam #, list # and a brief statement requesting to have your name restored back to the Conductor list.

5 hours ago, Diop said:

Hello, I’m scheduled to come in Thursday for medical. My list number is 48xx . What exactly goes on that day? And on average how long will I be there for medical? 

Hope I get my email next then cause I'm in 48xx aswell, when did you do your pre-employment if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by Nicholasp

12 minutes ago, Nicholasp said:

Same I did it twice, I did it Friday as well but I didn't get a email yet to come into medical as of yet maybe today. 

you should. I got an email and phone call yesterday . the lady told me the class starts Monday. 

10 hours ago, Diop said:

Hello, I’m scheduled to come in Thursday for medical. My list number is 48xx . What exactly goes on that day? And on average how long will I be there for medical? 

Wow congrats! I’m 48xx as well I’m hoping I get something this week as well. 

26 minutes ago, Watato said:

I've always wondered, do conductors get to use a cheat sheet or do they have to memorize all the stops on their line?

When you're on the road alone you can ask the dispatcher for a sheet which has all the stops with all the lines on it.