Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a friend of mine who has been a conductor for about two years or so now and he was telling me that after 5 years they make you do another medical and a lot of ppl let them selves go “as in gain a lot of weight” than get out on medical hold for sleep apnea. I guess once getting into this gig it’s a must to maintain proper weight and stay active. It’s an easy joB he told me. Hope for the best everyone.  It’s been a journey especially for the ones who just got called recently. 

Just now, Amir said:

I have a friend of mine who has been a conductor for about two years or so now and he was telling me that after 5 years they make you do another medical and a lot of ppl let them selves go “as in gain a lot of weight” than get out on medical hold for sleep apnea. I guess once getting into this gig it’s a must to maintain proper weight and stay active. It’s an easy joB he told me. Hope for the best everyone.  It’s been a journey especially for the ones who just got called recently. 

You do a medical every year. They test your hearing the following year you're hired and then another full run of tests the year after.

20 hours ago, Bapo007 said:

I scored an 8 on my sleep apnea test. Will I be taken off of medical hold? 

Yes, you'll be fine. I'd head back to 180 asap before someone else fills the class.

27 minutes ago, Workshop said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to make it into the next class on January 22nd or Is that class already full?

Really hard to say when it comes to transit, for example I took my first drug test on 9-18-23 and was called for medical on 9-22-23 for the class starting 9-25-23, this time around I took my drug test over on 1-5-24 with no response back to take the medical, but honestly if you done hear from them this week to come in then it’s a wrap for that upcoming class smh 

2 hours ago, MikeBonds said:

Really hard to say when it comes to transit, for example I took my first drug test on 9-18-23 and was called for medical on 9-22-23 for the class starting 9-25-23, this time around I took my drug test over on 1-5-24 with no response back to take the medical, but honestly if you done hear from them this week to come in then it’s a wrap for that upcoming class smh 

There has to be something after the 22nd.. I don’t see why if they need ppl. They said the last class for train operator was the 26th of December. I was there on the 12th & ppl were coming back because they were put on medical leave. So I’m sure for conductors they have another class.. idk.. could be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Amir said:

There has to be something after the 22nd.. I don’t see why if they need ppl. They said the last class for train operator was the 26th of December. I was there on the 12th & ppl were coming back because they were put on medical leave. So I’m sure for conductors they have another class.. idk.. could be wrong.

Hey listen I’m praying there’s another class after January at least 3-4 more lol 

10 minutes ago, MikeBonds said:

Hey listen I’m praying there’s another class after January at least 3-4 more lol 

Has to be, why would the doctors say once we clear apnea we will be cleared for medical. Idk… they need to also have better communication over there. Hopefully there is another class. 

3 hours ago, Workshop said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to make it into the next class on January 22nd or Is that class already full?

I was suppose to be in that class and I got put on medical hold. SMH 

48 minutes ago, MikeBonds said:

There will be. The next exam Conductors have to pull from is from a Conductor promotional exam that was given last year February and an open competitive was taken not long after that. And those two exams haven't even established a list yet, and won't be establishing a list for the next few months. So u definitely have a few more months to go depending on the need of Conductors.

6 minutes ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

There will be. The next exam Conductors have to pull from is from a Conductor promotional exam that was given last year February and an open competitive was taken not long after that. And those two exams haven't even established a list yet, and won't be establishing a list for the next few months. So u definitely have a few more months to go depending on the need of Conductors.

Is there still a need of C/Rs? Are the rumors true about the mass retirements and mass shortage of C/Rs? 

1 minute ago, MikeBonds said:

Is there still a need of C/Rs? Are the rumors true about the mass retirements and mass shortage of C/Rs? 

Definitely still a shortage. Not to mention trainees who drop out during training, they need to be replaced.

27 minutes ago, Jsalcedo718 said:

they actually had 2 promotional conductor exams before the OC one a few months back but yeah

15 minutes ago, Ryan98 said:

Did anyone make it to the Jan 22nd class cause looks like everyone going to be in the Feb class 

Yes they’re still having people go in for the 22nd. I was just inducted in on Tuesday. So I’m assuming you have until tmm to get in. 

58 minutes ago, Ryan98 said:

Did anyone make it to the Jan 22nd class cause looks like everyone going to be in the Feb class 

I was supposed to be in that class and got put on medical cause they want a sleep study. 😞

42 minutes ago, Bapo007 said:

Also to anyone going back for medical do as they told me and just go and ask to be scheduled for an appointment & make sure you let them know you have All of your paperwork ready to go! 

Did you just walk in and asked to be scheduled an appointment? I got this one paper that states I need to email them back once I get my results 

43 minutes ago, Bapo007 said:

Also to anyone going back for medical do as they told me and just go and ask to be scheduled for an appointment & make sure you let them know you have All of your paperwork ready to go! 

Did they put you on medical hold also? If so how long ago? I have a sleep study coming this Saturday. Hoping everything turns out well. 

50 minutes ago, Bapo007 said:

Never mind I just went back and saw your recent post. You scored an 8 on your sleep study. 

just about the appointment thing, did you just randomly walk in and set up an appointment or when you walked in they took you right there and than?