Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/7/2024 at 7:51 PM, R0cky said:

Nice! I’m going to do mine with blue sleep. I tried to go to this spot someone on this forum recommended but they’re charging me $600. Once I complete this test which I hope it goes well I’ll go back to livin see what they say. Honestly it suck’s to have to do this, if the nurses cleared me with everything. The doctor sees that I’m a bit on the heavy side and they still recommend a sleep study that blows. Urine, ekg, vision, blood pressure & hearing came back great. Than she tells me I need a sleep study because I’m a bit big. That blows…. 

_** mind you MTA HAS SOME BIG PPL WORKING FOR THEM. 🥴

48 minutes ago, Amir said:

Nice! I’m going to do mine with blue sleep. I tried to go to this spot someone on this forum recommended but they’re charging me $600. Once I complete this test which I hope it goes well I’ll go back to livin see what they say. Honestly it suck’s to have to do this, if the nurses cleared me with everything. The doctor sees that I’m a bit on the heavy side and they still recommend a sleep study that blows. Urine, ekg, vision, blood pressure & hearing came back great. Than she tells me I need a sleep study because I’m a bit big. That blows…. 

_** mind you MTA HAS SOME BIG PPL WORKING FOR THEM. 🥴

believe me most if not all those big people are on that CPAP machine, Im one of em

On 2/6/2024 at 6:53 PM, R0cky said:

I have a friend that  took the conductor exam with me back in 2016. I believe his list number is around 12,XXX. He hasn’t received anything back from the MTA. Is there any hope for him? Is there a phone number or email he could maybe reach out ? To get info on his status. Thanks for the responses in advance. God bless.

Last thing I heard they where around the 11,200.my friend got in the same class I’m in now and his list number was 11,1xx’s so they working they way up 

4 minutes ago, Ryan98 said:

From what my TSS’s been saying a lot of conductors are being fired.MTA are hiring large classes of T/O’s and C/R’s. My class  has 110 conductor’s and the next class going to have just as much people 

Yes a lot of conductors are definitely getting fired especially because of time and attendance.

Got hired today for the march 4th class! My advice to anyone wondering “why no email?” Or “why so long” GO DOWN THERE!!! They are literally sitting on paperwork!!! FYI they are moving from 180 so they are packing boxes of paperwork, so you know it’s going to be a lot “missing paperwork” DONT BE NERVOUS! GO DOWN! I went on 2-2-24 to inquire about a drug test I took on 1-5-24 and they sent the email the same day on 2-2-24 telling me to come down today for the medical and got cleared! Good luck too all and thank you to this thread and great advice throughout these months! God bless you all! 

50 minutes ago, MikeBonds said:

Got hired today for the march 4th class! My advice to anyone wondering “why no email?” Or “why so long” GO DOWN THERE!!! They are literally sitting on paperwork!!! FYI they are moving from 180 so they are packing boxes of paperwork, so you know it’s going to be a lot “missing paperwork” DONT BE NERVOUS! GO DOWN! I went on 2-2-24 to inquire about a drug test I took on 1-5-24 and they sent the email the same day on 2-2-24 telling me to come down today for the medical and got cleared! Good luck too all and thank you to this thread and great advice throughout these months! God bless you all! 

Yes congratulations!!!!! I’m happy for you and best of luck to you!!!

On 2/9/2024 at 9:29 PM, goliver28 said:

Yes congratulations!!!!! I’m happy for you and best of luck to you!!!

Thank you so much! It’s been a long road and that was just pre employment! I know I have an even challenging way to go! But I’m focused and ready! I must say those doctors at 180 are definitely some interesting people lol

47 minutes ago, MikeBonds said:

Thank you so much! It’s been a long road and that was just pre employment! I know I have an even challenging way to go! But I’m focused and ready! I must say those doctors at 180 are definitely some interesting people lol

Those doctors over there sure are. SMH 

On 2/9/2024 at 2:07 AM, Ryan98 said:

From what my TSS’s been saying a lot of conductors are being fired.MTA are hiring large classes of T/O’s and C/R’s. My class  has 110 conductor’s and the next class going to have just as much people 

lol only transit will brag about how many people their firing. Word of advice most that stuff you hear in school car is scare tactics.

14 hours ago, Jamie said:

lol only transit will brag about how many people their firing. Word of advice most that stuff you hear in school car is scare tactics.

I remember my first day when 2 superintendents were showing off that "they can get anyone fired as the pleased" or "I have the power to put you up for termination" shit is just pathetic they still do this.

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

I remember my first day when 2 superintendents were showing off that "they can get anyone fired as the pleased" or "I have the power to put you up for termination" shit is just pathetic they still do this.

I agree they still use the scared tactic's to intimidate new people but my opinion change when I saw it in person.plus system safety been on a roll after the 2 derailments and that person getting drag the other day.

Hi all. I have a question. I went in last year May and was placed on medical hold. Had to go back and do everything over. Hold was cleared but I had to leave the country on short notice for a few weeks (they called me back in September and I did over medical). Is there any way to go back for another medical now or is it this for me since they passed my list number. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

Hi all. I have a question. I went in last year May and was placed on medical hold. Had to go back and do everything over. Hold was cleared but I had to leave the country on short notice for a few weeks (they called me back in September and I did over medical). Is there any way to go back for another medical now or is it this for me since they passed my list number. Thanks. 

Did you have them restore your name back on the list?

12 minutes ago, Blu24 said:

1 minute ago, goliver28 said:

Did you have them restore your name back on the list?

Hi. Yes so my name was initially taken off when I was placed on medical hold and it went back on in September. Do I have to email them to have it restored again? 

5 hours ago, goliver28 said:

Yea go down there in person immediately 

7 hours ago, Blu24 said:

Hi. Yes so my name was initially taken off when I was placed on medical hold and it went back on in September. Do I have to email them to have it restored again? 

Just remember the office moved last week to a different address, 149 Pierrepont Street.