Worst nyc subway accidents

R3216068E

You guys can think of any bad accidents that happened in the past.

Here's a photo I have of an R38 involved in a collision in coney yard back in 1972 car #3990 was damaged beyond repair supervisor of the yard messed up so badly he got suspended for weeks the set was damaged beyond repair and it got scrapped in 1980

img_5027_zpsv3przzcw.jpg

If you can remember this way back in 1972 and have your own picture and story where have you been since? There has been plenty of accidents in recent times. The most recent I can remember is the (F) train derailed in Queens. Not deadly but still rather bad

If you can remember this way back in 1972 and have your own picture and story where have you been since? There has been plenty of accidents in recent times. The most recent I can remember is the (F) train derailed in Queens. Not deadly but still rather bad

this is more of a throwback to remember the nyc subway' s worst accidents to post any bad accident you can and BTW I didn't exist in the 1970s I just know this based on prior knowledge and sources.

That accident on the Willamsburg Bridge in '95.

Yeah that R42 signed up as an (M) train that was damaged,car #4664 was repaired and rebuilt As an R40 slant new car # was 4260 but it never ran it in service because there were no cars available to mate it with so they just scrapped IMO it was a bad move the (MTA) wasted money repairing as an R40 slant they could have used it as a school car

Yeah that R42 signed up as an (M) train that was damaged,car #4664 was repaired and rebuilt As an R40 slant new car # was 4260 but it never ran it in service because there were no cars available to mate it with so they just scrapped IMO it was a bad move the (MTA) wasted money repairing as an R40 slant they could have used it as a school car

They didn't scrap 4260 (4664). They sent it to Randall's Island

Archived