Arnine Update

MHV9218

Happy to report that 381, 401, and 1802 are all now repainted in beautiful deep green.

Car 1000 is at 207th St shop for its repaint.

Also at 207 Shop are the R11 car (in the barn) and the majority of the TOMC and TOMM fleet.

Happy to report that 381, 401, and 1802 are all now repainted in beautiful deep green.

Car 1000 is at 207th St shop for its repaint.

Also at 207 Shop are the R11 car (in the barn) and the majority of the TOMC and TOMM fleet.

Nice to hear about this. I guess museum donating does really contribute to keeping the old fleet in operating condition. :)

103 is being worked on but it will take time.

Also:

The R11 will go down to the museum shortly.

The R40s have a dead converter, and will go up to 207 to be repaired. Not a big deal.

So, I guess it's like this;

103 will not see fan trip action until it's repaired,

The R11 will return to the Transit Museum,

and the R40's (Slants most likely) will undergo converter repairs.

R40s have a dead converter don't things go to coney island yard to be repaired?

If they were still in regular service, prior to August 28th, 2009, they would probably and most likely go to Coney Island, providing they were not used on the 8th Avenue and Fulton Lines, since the 207th Street Shop is easily accessible. Example: The few R42s which are on the "J" line, if there is a problem, then they will probably go to Coney Island, especially with the easy access to the Montague Tunnel.

(source: http://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/R-40_--_R-40M_(St._Louis_Car), look under "Last Run of the R-40 Modified Front Cars")

However, all of the *active* museum trains are painted, stored and maintained at the 207th Street Shop & Yard. (I say *active* since there are some non-active ones @ Coney Island.) Even after the Train of Many Colors was selected, if there was a problem with the Redbirds that were still in service on the Flushing Line, if it was worth it to fix it, the cars would have been sent to Coney Island.

If they were still in regular service, prior to August 28th, 2009, they would probably and most likely go to Coney Island, providing they were not used on the 8th Avenue and Fulton Lines, since the 207th Street Shop is easily accessible. Example: The few R42s which are on the "J" line, if there is a problem, then they will probably go to Coney Island, especially with the easy access to the Montague Tunnel.

(source: http://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/R-40_--_R-40M_(St._Louis_Car), look under "Last Run of the R-40 Modified Front Cars")

However, all of the *active* museum trains are painted, stored and maintained at the 207th Street Shop & Yard. (I say *active* since there are some non-active ones @ Coney Island.) Even after the Train of Many Colors was selected, if there was a problem with the Redbirds that were still in service on the Flushing Line, if it was worth it to fix it, the cars would have been sent to Coney Island.

I could already imagine the R33WF being operated on the (2), (3), (4) & (5) and the Slants being operated on the (G)...

If they were still in regular service, prior to August 28th, 2009, they would probably and most likely go to Coney Island, providing they were not used on the 8th Avenue and Fulton Lines, since the 207th Street Shop is easily accessible. Example: The few R42s which are on the "J" line, if there is a problem, then they will probably go to Coney Island, especially with the easy access to the Montague Tunnel.

(source: http://www.nycsubway.org/wiki/R-40_--_R-40M_(St._Louis_Car), look under "Last Run of the R-40 Modified Front Cars")

However, all of the *active* museum trains are painted, stored and maintained at the 207th Street Shop & Yard. (I say *active* since there are some non-active ones @ Coney Island.) Even after the Train of Many Colors was selected, if there was a problem with the Redbirds that were still in service on the Flushing Line, if it was worth it to fix it, the cars would have been sent to Coney Island.

The Nassau lead to Montague is out of service. R42s are also banned from Montague fur the time being.

I could already imagine the R33WF being operated on the (2), (3), (4) & (5) and the Slants being operated on the (G)...

Not to get off topic, but having the Slants on the (G) would be interesting since, to my knowledge, that line only has four car trains...

The Nassau lead to Montague is out of service. R42s are also banned from Montague fur the time being.

What happened now? I thought all of that was taken care of when the shut the entire tunnel down post-Sandy...

Not to get off topic, but having the Slants on the (G) would be interesting since, to my knowledge, that line only has four car trains...

What happened now? I thought all of that was taken care of when the shut the entire tunnel down post-Sandy...

R32/R42s can't go through the tunnel because of the height (I think) so they are banned from the (N)(Q)(R) Till further notice

They have clearance issues BECAUSE of the Sandy work...

The R42s (along with the R32s) are 10' wide top and bottom, while the other cars taper off about a foot near the top compared to the lower part. The cables installed in the tunnel are too close to the 32s and 42s because of it.

It was explained like a week or two ago in another thread.

Archived