I can do my thing more simply now:

Deliveries:

R211S: 100-104, 5 cars or 1 5-car set

R211T: 4040-4059, 20 cars or 2 10-car sets

R211A: 4060-4129, 70 cars or 7 10-car sets

and 40 cars in service

Cool, right?

Correct

Since there was a misunderstanding about this interaction, I'm gonna address it again differently.

On 8/17/2023 at 4:33 AM, FLX9304 said:

Or 4130-4134, they are arriving in drones now. 

On 8/17/2023 at 2:22 PM, FLX9304 said:

When I say “drones” I mean “as in quickness” 

You used the wrong word. The correct term is 'in droves'. It was a typo. Since you didn't say it was a typo & instead doubled down on your claim, that was where the confusion began. But it's okay, we're all humans and we make mistakes. 

On 8/17/2023 at 9:42 AM, Ale188 said:

Wait…drones!?

On 8/17/2023 at 3:42 PM, Ale188 said:

That makes more sense

On 8/17/2023 at 3:52 PM, Ale188 said:

Nah.Philly slang. We don’t use it much but we still use it. I hear a lot of Philly peeps say it. I did forget what it meant until the man told me.

That wasn't slang, that was a typo. He meant to say 'in droves'. You misunderstood your fellow philly friend.

Also, I apologize for offending both of you with my initial post; I was just confused when @FLX9304  not only didn't acknowledge his typo after being questioned about it, but also doubled down on it as if it was correct. Then @Ale188 went right along with it as if he knew what he was talking about. This is how a simple misinterpretation can turn into a bigger issue. We all need to work better on communication.

Edited by RandomRider0101
Extra info

23 minutes ago, RandomRider0101 said:

Since there was a misunderstanding about this interaction, I'm gonna address it again differently.

You used the wrong word. The correct term is 'in droves'. It was a typo. Since you didn't say it was a typo & instead doubled down on your claim, that was where the confusion began. But it's okay, we're all humans and we make mistakes. 

That wasn't slang, that was a typo. He meant to say 'in droves'. You misunderstood your fellow philly friend.

Also, I apologize for offending both of you with my initial post; I was just confused when @FLX9304  not only didn't acknowledge his typo after being questioned about it, but also doubled down on it as if it was correct. Then @Ale188 went right along with it as if he knew what he was talking about. This is how a simple misinterpretation can turn into a bigger issue. We all need to work better on communication.

Why are you still worry about this? This was last week. It's like u can't get over a damn typo. I didn't see it, ok?

Edited by Ale188

16 minutes ago, Ale188 said:

Why are you still worry about this? This was last week. It's like u can't get over a damn typo. I didn't see it, ok?

I think the user was just trying to clear things up that an argument should've never been posted. Or if there's something to be corrected, it's better to put it friendly more than a strict tone. My thought to this is just move along to other posts or topics. 

But, to the R211s, with more sets to enter service during the fall season, they're slowly recovering from their shortage due to the R32 retirement. 

Edited by Calvin

14 minutes ago, Calvin said:

I think the user was just trying to clear things up that an argument should've never been posted. Or if there's something to be corrected, it's better to put it friendly more than a strict tone. My thought to this is just move along to other posts or topics. 

But, to the R211s, with more sets to enter service during the fall season, they're slowly recovering from their shortage due to the R32 retirement. 

I just hope that the MTA fulfills their promise to speed things up with the r211's, so that at least 4 ten car trains can be delivered per month and at least 4 ten car trains can enter service per month. 2 ten car trains per month is very slow progress.

Also, don't be surprised if the MTA decides to wait until option 1 or option 2 to increase the spare factor on all B division yards. It seems that the MTA is more focused on displacing all SMEEs off the lines that are running or will run on CBTC territory.

1 hour ago, Ale188 said:

You're missing the point. Even of you didn't know it was a typo, you told another poster that it was 'philly slang' & that y'all use it sometimes. The phrase 'in droves' is not exclusive to philly. I'm a NYer & some of us say that here.

You clearly misheard & misinterpreted what ppl were saying. It's okay 'cause like I said we're human & we all make mistakes. But when you realize you've made a mistake, just correct it. That's all I'm saying.

2 hours ago, subwaycommuter1983 said:

I just hope that the MTA fulfills their promise to speed things up with the r211's, so that at least 4 ten car trains can be delivered per month and at least 4 ten car trains can enter service per month. 2 ten car trains per month is very slow progress.

Also, don't be surprised if the MTA decides to wait until option 1 or option 2 to increase the spare factor on all B division yards. It seems that the MTA is more focused on displacing all SMEEs off the lines that are running or will run on CBTC territory.

The delivery speed is really on Kawasaki side not the MTA, on the other hand placed into service is on the MTA side. A for spare the MTA has not and probably still don’t care about a spare factor anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, LGA Link N Train said:

So If I’m understanding correctly, 4 Sets are in Service Right now?

49 minutes ago, Maxwell179 said:

Yes

1. 4060-4064+4065-4069 pilot 

2. 4070-4074+4075-4079 first production started at Hoyt-Schermerhorn on the other side

3. 4085-4089+4095-4099 

4. 4080-4084+4120-4124 the latest 

5. (4090-4094+4110-4114) in burn In test 

Edited by FLX9304

6 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

1. 4060-4064+4065-4069 pilot 

2. 4070-4074+4075-4079 first production started at Hoyt-Schermerhorn on the other side

3. 4085-4089+4095-4099 

4. 4080-4084+4120-4124 the latest 

5. (4090-4094+4110-4114) in burn In test 

Correction: 4090 is coupled with 4125-4129

The Staten Island Railway is underfunded and the car shortages makes it even worse. Not only that though for maintenance they only have a single yard to do so with problems that plague the line to its core. An additional yard for maintenance/storage is required to accommodate additional trains. The R211S delivery will accelerate the issue including the fact that the SIR is required to be CBTC ready by this time and I highly doubt the TA would waste money into, Plus they are going to be NIMBYs who won't like the vibrations disrupting their peace anyway. Move on

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

The Staten Island Railway is underfunded and the car shortages makes it even worse. Not only that though for maintenance they only have a single yard to do so with problems that plague the line to its core. An additional yard for maintenance/storage is required to accommodate additional trains. The R211S delivery will accelerate the issue including the fact that the SIR is required to be CBTC ready by this time and I highly doubt the TA would waste money into, Plus they are going to be NIMBYs who won't like the vibrations disrupting their peace anyway. Move on

the 75 cars are basically a 1 for 1 replacement of the 44s, they dint really need another yard

1 hour ago, Comrade96 said:

the 75 cars are basically a 1 for 1 replacement of the 44s, they dint really need another yard

Oh they do. Clifton Yard can't even house most of the cars for the 44s if they need maintenance anyways and they would not be able to because they have to get their shit trucked to Coney Island for maintenance that Clifton can't even perform like an overhaul. That only causes more issues that the system currently has, Hence this is why the SIR has to deal with car shortages unlike the rest of the New York City Subway because of what the MTA has devolved into and the fact that they can't get their shit together.

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

Oh they do. Clifton Yard can't even house most of the cars for the 44s if they need maintenance anyways and they would not be able to because they have to get their shit trucked to Coney Island for maintenance that Clifton can't even perform like an overhaul. That only causes more issues that the system currently has, Hence this is why the SIR has to deal with car shortages unlike the rest of the New York City Subway because of what the MTA has devolved into and the fact that they can't get their shit together.

Ask yourself this, how often do they even send a single R44 car to Coney? It's literally been over a year since one car was shipped from Staten Island to CIY. Safe to say they can handle just about everything with the exception of needing an extra hand. 

18 minutes ago, Vulturious said:

Ask yourself this, how often do they even send a single R44 car to Coney? It's literally been over a year since one car was shipped from Staten Island to CIY. Safe to say they can handle just about everything with the exception of needing an extra hand. 

They only send them if they need overhauls or if there was an incident that damaged the cars. There's plenty of other maintenance that they do at CI that I highly doubt you and I wouldn't know about. Remember when you said you were pissed off about the corruption running around the MTA. They lied about the car shortage that NYCT had when they had the money to buy additional cars to provide more capacity.

1 hour ago, Nitro said:

They only send them if they need overhauls or if there was an incident that damaged the cars. There's plenty of other maintenance that they do at CI that I highly doubt you and I wouldn't know about. Remember when you said you were pissed off about the corruption running around the MTA. They lied about the car shortage that NYCT had when they had the money to buy additional cars to provide more capacity.

And how do you know they lied?

The car shortage is/was very real after the unexpectedly early retirement of the R44s. The (A) & (C) lines felt the effects of the shortage for several years, and still do to this very day. Them scrapping more cars than necessary also didn't help when they got rid of more R32s than they should've.

Take your tinfoil hat off.

6 hours ago, Nitro said:

The SIR hasn't had severe car shortages in a long time. They've been able to make service just fine before & after COVID. The system has also been receiving upgrades over the years, so they are pretty far from underfunded.

I've noticed that you've mostly shared misinformation and conspiracies in most topics that you've posted. You will be warned to stop that nonsense before your posting privileges get revoked. It reeks of trolling activity.

Edited by Cait Sith

1 minute ago, Cait Sith said:

The car shortage is/was very real after the unexpectedly early retirement of the R44s. The (A) & (C) lines felt the effects of the shortage for several years, and still do to this very day. Them scrapping more cars than necessary also didn't help when they got rid of more R32s than they should've.

The SIR hasn't had severe car shortages in a long time. They've been able to make service just fine before & after COVID. The system has also been receiving upgrades over the years, so they are pretty far from underfunded.

I've noticed that you've mostly shared misinformation and conspiracies in most topics that you've posted. You will be warned to stop that nonsense. It reeks of trolling activity.

Dude I already know this. They should have just kept the 32s, 40s, & 42s instead of buying those broken down tin cans also known as the NTTs. On the other hand the MTA had enough money to buy brand new cars if anything were to happen to the SMEEs. But no they went on with making brand new subway stations instead. The (SIR) still has car shortages to this day and you can see this with the headways. Look at what is capping them from running extra trains. They have to run expresses on a two track line during peak direction just to speed up service at the cost of skipping the busier stations like Grasmere, Grant City, New Dorp, & Oakwood Heights and the headways are 15-30 minutes long which is a ridiculous headway for a 14 mile line like the (SIR). In fact it is just as bullshit as the (M), The (A) Train to Far Rockaway, & The Rockaway Park (S) headways which do not see much ridership to this day because most people used to and still do xfer to the (E)(F)(R) or buses instead before this Covid thing happened. Now that the (F) is now the slow and unreliable line and most of that was because of the (E) &(M) merging and other problems that plague QBL to this day. It hurts everyone. Now with Staten Island and the little funding they get from the MTA because we know they like to funnel money around to the State's pet projects and backdoor deals. You still have people complaining that almost all of the stations are not ADA accessible in Staten Island. Still wonder where is the money for the accessible station in Staten Island? It's in the MTA's pockets.

It doesn't matter anyway since NYCT can easily order new cars anyways. It isn't that bad as you over exaggerated it to be.

56 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The (SIR) still has car shortages to this day and you can see this with the headways. Look at what is capping them from running extra trains. They have to run expresses on a two track line during peak direction just to speed up service at the cost of skipping the busier stations like Grasmere, Grant City, New Dorp, & Oakwood Heights and the headways are 15-30 minutes long which is a ridiculous headway for a 14 mile line like the (SIR). In fact it is just as bullshit as the (M), The (A) Train to Far Rockaway, & The Rockaway Park (S) headways which do not see much ridership to this day because most people used to and still do xfer to the (E)(F)(R) or buses instead before this Covid thing happened. Now that the (F) is now the slow and unreliable line and most of that was because of the (E) &(M) merging and other problems that plague QBL to this day. It hurts everyone. Now with Staten Island and the little funding they get from the MTA because we know they like to funnel money around to the State's pet projects and backdoor deals. You still have people complaining that almost all of the stations are not ADA accessible in Staten Island. Still wonder where is the money for the accessible station in Staten Island? It's in the MTA's pockets.

It doesn't matter anyway since NYCT can easily order new cars anyways. It isn't that bad as you over exaggerated it to be.

The SIR had those service patterns since forever. 

Those expresses are so the outer zones don't have to sit through the local stops during rush hour.

The 15 -30 minute headway are because the Staten Island Ferry are 15-30 min headway and the trains are design to connect with that 

55 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Dude I already know this. They should have just kept the 32s, 40s, & 42s instead of buying those broken down tin cans also known as the NTTs. On the other hand the MTA had enough money to buy brand new cars if anything were to happen to the SMEEs. But no they went on with making brand new subway stations instead. The (SIR) still has car shortages to this day and you can see this with the headways. Look at what is capping them from running extra trains. They have to run expresses on a two track line during peak direction just to speed up service at the cost of skipping the busier stations like Grasmere, Grant City, New Dorp, & Oakwood Heights and the headways are 15-30 minutes long which is a ridiculous headway for a 14 mile line like the (SIR). In fact it is just as bullshit as the (M), The (A) Train to Far Rockaway, & The Rockaway Park (S) headways which do not see much ridership to this day because most people used to and still do xfer to the (E)(F)(R) or buses instead before this Covid thing happened. Now that the (F) is now the slow and unreliable line and most of that was because of the (E) &(M) merging and other problems that plague QBL to this day. It hurts everyone. Now with Staten Island and the little funding they get from the MTA because we know they like to funnel money around to the State's pet projects and backdoor deals. You still have people complaining that almost all of the stations are not ADA accessible in Staten Island. Still wonder where is the money for the accessible station in Staten Island? It's in the MTA's pockets.

Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.

SIR's headways are designed to meet with the ferry, hence why they are like that. 9 out of 10 times, they connect with both inbound and outbound ferries.

There's a bunch of SIR stations getting ADA upgrades over the next few years, with some getting elevators this year.

The car shortage has been pretty bad to a point where (C) service was reduced pre-COVID. The effects of said car shortage was also felt elsewhere in the B-Division, so it's not over exaggerated. It has had some noticeable effect with service over the years.

While the Lefferts Blvd branch of the (A) is the higher ridership route, the Far Rockaway side has never been too far off. That branch always sees good ridership(the ridership statistics proves that point). It's not as low as you make it out to be.

Take the bloody tinfoil hat off and stop posting misinformation and your own personal conspiracies. This is not the thread for your bullshit. This thread is about the R211s, not your conspiracy theories and misinformation.

Anyway.......

4050-4054 spotted yesterday going to Jamaica yard last night, got it at Forest Hills. I suppose it did overnight CBTC testing.

Edited by Cait Sith

23 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

SIR's headways are designed to meet with the ferry, hence why they are like that. 9 out of 10 times, they connect with both inbound and outbound ferries.

There's a bunch of SIR stations getting ADA upgrades over the next few years, with some getting elevators this year.

The car shortage has been pretty bad to a point where (C) service was reduced pre-COVID. The effects of said car shortage was also felt elsewhere in the B-Division, so it's not over exaggerated. It has had some noticeable effect with service over the years.

While the Lefferts Blvd branch of the (A) is the higher ridership route, the Far Rockaway side has never been too far off. That branch always sees good ridership(the ridership statistics proves that point). It's not as low as you make it out to be.

Take the bloody tinfoil hat off and stop posting misinformation and your own personal conspiracies. This is not the thread for your bullshit. This thread is about the R211s, not your conspiracy theories and misinformation.

Anyway.......

4050-4054 spotted yesterday going to Jamaica yard last night, got it at Forest Hills. I suppose it did overnight CBTC testing.

The car shortage has an easy solution. So then explain the crush loads on the Q52 & Q53 Select Bus Services. Only a few SIR stations are getting ADA upgrades because there is a demand for it. This is no conspiracy theory because I did my own research aside from wikipedia and I've been to most of the stations myself. Cut the bullshit do you even do your own research?

12 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The car shortage has an easy solution. So then explain the crush loads on the Q52 & Q53 Select Bus Services. Only a few SIR stations are getting ADA upgrades because there is a demand for it. This is no conspiracy theory because I did my own research aside from wikipedia and I've been to most of the stations myself. Cut the bullshit do you even do your own research?

The Q52 and Q53 literally has nothing to do with the (A), especially since those two routes drops people off much closer to their destinations than the (A).

You ever factored in to where those people are coming from? There's a ton of people that come from Jamaica and more parts of Eastern, Western and Northern Queens getting the Q52 and Q53. Most of those crush loads of people get off before they even pass Rockaway Blvd. They are never crushed going to the Rockaways, that point is extremely exaggerated. Lack of research from your standpoint. Not every one of those riders come from Manhattan to avoid the (A) like you claim. The ridership within Queens as a whole is also pretty huge.

I'm gonna say this again, end your bullshit in this thread or your posting privileges will be revoked. The amount of misinformation and nonsense you've posted on this forum is evidence enough that you're just here to spout nonsense for no actual reason other than attention.

Edited by Cait Sith

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

I've noticed that you've mostly shared misinformation and conspiracies in most topics that you've posted. You will be warned to stop that nonsense before your posting privileges get revoked. It reeks of trolling activity.

He/she really thinks he/she knows it all…😂

45 minutes ago, Cait Sith said:

Anyway.......

Haha. I actually watched your vid too. I would have posted it but didn’t because I didn’t ask you for permission.

Edited by Ale188