ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I just left 180 Livingston to check on my status as I did pre-employment on 11/9 and can’t get a hold of anyone over the phone.  One of the workers Kevin took my name, list number and the date I did the pre-employment and went to the back to one of the ladies who would have more info. I was told I’m still active on the list and I would have to wait until I get an email, even if it’s past 90 days that I did the drug test. 

2 hours ago, mrcollege62 said:

So I just left 180 Livingston to check on my status as I did pre-employment on 11/9 and can’t get a hold of anyone over the phone.  One of the workers Kevin took my name, list number and the date I did the pre-employment and went to the back to one of the ladies who would have more info. I was told I’m still active on the list and I would have to wait until I get an email, even if it’s past 90 days that I did the drug test. 

Hopefully your in the next class which is feb 14… what’s your list number 31**? 

• 2 weeks later...

My number is 312x, I'm still waiting for medical appointment. I overheard that there was a candidate with list # 307x on Feb 14 class and that there'll be another class sometime by the end of March.I also heard that they'll slow down the hiring it bit after that class. 

On 2/18/2022 at 10:45 PM, Kesean said:

Does anyone know when the next class start and about how long the who drug/alcohol test and background take? Are there any phone numbers or email addresses that we can contact to get a response?

You are really at the mercy of the HR department at this time.  The next class already started on Feb 14th I believe.  There might or might not be a next class, but from what I've heard from folks in the previous class......there might be a next class after all since many students are quitting and dropping out like flies.  This training program is beyond excruciating to a point of sadism.  (if ur a masochist you might love this training program)

Edited by trackerjack

7 hours ago, trackerjack said:

You are really at the mercy of the HR department at this time.  The next class already started on Feb 14th I believe.  There might or might not be a next class, but from what I've heard from folks in the previous class......there might be a next class after all since many students are quitting and dropping out like flies.  This training program is beyond excruciating to a point of sadism.  (if ur a masochist you might love this training program)

lol it’s not that serious honestly! The emphasis put on getting 100s on the 2 signal exams is only so you really understand how to react out there on ya own, it’ll all make sense once you’re solo in that cab! This year I’ll make 4 years and stuff from school car always pops up in my head during a random trip on a random day! I’m not saying the course isn’t hard, since I came out they have made CBTC part of the curriculum and have made it mandatory to know the route guide I heard. Again if this is what you want then you will apply yourself, study and make it happen! I’m not a train buff, but I wanted a city job that pays well enough for me to grind like I did at other lower paying jobs, with benefits and a pension, so I took it serious and made the necessary sacrifices! Sorry for the late reply lol just finished a late clear. lol. From reading a few post from a few of you I can tell you’re hungry like I was for the opportunity to start so don’t let negativity deter you, the job isn’t for everyone and that’s fine, but if you really want it, make it happen when called upon! Good luck to you all…any new hires if you need anything feel free to PM me always willing to help with any questions! 

I know they still need train operators they're short staffed super short staffed. This Saturday into Sunday 207 Station on the A has no train operators at midnight to move the trains, barely any. So they had a conga line of trains waiting outside of 207 for like 40 plus minutes in order for us to move in. I got back to 207 and when I got there the dispatcher was stressing out because they had zero train operators to move a train so that other trains and could pull into the station...

10 hours ago, trackerjack said:

Many students have dropped out of your class? 

On 2/18/2022 at 5:45 PM, Jjbb said:

My number is 312x, I'm still waiting for medical appointment. I overheard that there was a candidate with list # 307x on Feb 14 class and that there'll be another class sometime by the end of March.I also heard that they'll slow down the hiring it bit after that class. 

Well from what I’ve heard I did get in contact with someone from HR and I was told that the last number appointed was 308• and the last class was feb 14 and there won’t be no class no time soon but always to be on the lookout for a email regardless anything can change.  I also was told the exam will expire in September but it’s only up to DCAS to extend this exam so in august they would have much more information for us. 

4 hours ago, Dame said:

Well from what I’ve heard I did get in contact with someone from HR and I was told that the last number appointed was 308• and the last class was feb 14 and there won’t be no class no time soon but always to be on the lookout for a email regardless anything can change.  I also was told the exam will expire in September but it’s only up to DCAS to extend this exam so in august they would have much more information for us. 

They will extend it. Ill be shocked if they don't. Even in normal times the last 2 exams were extended and went into 10k territory I believe. Here we lost a year and a half when they didnt hire at all due to Covid and they are short.

8 hours ago, Schecter said:

I know they still need train operators they're short staffed super short staffed. This Saturday into Sunday 207 Station on the A has no train operators at midnight to move the trains, barely any. So they had a conga line of trains waiting outside of 207 for like 40 plus minutes in order for us to move in. I got back to 207 and when I got there the dispatcher was stressing out because they had zero train operators to move a train so that other trains and could pull into the station...

This is true there is a shortage of train operators but this particular scenario can be caused by a lot of different factors. What it sounds like because I’ve been on the A and witnesses this first hand, there’s probably an open switching job at 207 and the crew office doesn’t want to give it to anyone for RDOs because they try to fill all road jobs, then the day comes, they don’t have any board T/O cause that person prolly picked up a road job lol. They did this to me on numerous occasions “oh you know I can’t give you a switching job for your RDO!” While I have literally seen others work switching and yard jobs on RDOs. It’s a lot of favoritism and pick and choose that goes on down here, just don’t let it bother you, remember names and faces lol so when the roles are reversed and they need a favor, you hit em with the nope and let ‘em deal with the congo lines lol

6 hours ago, Dame said:

Just stay on the DCAS site and this forum! There is a lot of informative people on here! The C/R 6601 exam was extended, I learned this just from checking the site. Don’t listen to whispers especially from people who do not work for transit, if they extend it they do, if not, it is what it is, just stay positive and ready! The list is moving fast and with Covid calming down a bit since the start of the year, you never know what might happen for spring and summer! 

48 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Just stay on the DCAS site and this forum! There is a lot of informative people on here! The C/R 6601 exam was extended, I learned this just from checking the site. Don’t listen to whispers especially from people who do not work for transit, if they extend it they do, if not, it is what it is, just stay positive and ready! The list is moving fast and with Covid calming down a bit since the start of the year, you never know what might happen for spring and summer! 

Well let’s see.  I just know enough people that did pre employment in the beginning off January and haven’t went thru 2nd process even December 

8 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

Many students have dropped out of your class? 

From my class, none, from my induction group I know of only 2, it was 70 of us, I remember a B/O went back to title, his class told us he just wasn’t feeling the job. Then there was an older gentleman that resigned because he couldn’t study enough and didn’t want to get fired. He just had a newborn his class stated, so you know the dynamics with were difficult. Not sure if he has the option to come back like if he were to defer. Again most of the B division T/Os in my induction made it through and still here, there was one T/O that didn’t make it pass the road practical.