ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, trackerjack said:

a new induction class every 1 month.  makes sense.  is RTO still short a lot of TOs from what you heard?

I think so. Seems like they are running out of class space in the yards with all these new classes. Have gone YX yet? Im starting Yard Posting in 2 weeks. 

8 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

I think so. Seems like they are running out of class space in the yards with all these new classes. Have gone YX yet? Im starting Yard Posting in 2 weeks. 

YX begins this week. the consensus is that everything is super rushed.....too rushed.  hope you did well on your practical and if not, you will - best of luck !!

Just now, trackerjack said:

YX begins this week. the consensus is that everything is super rushed.....too rushed.  hope you did well on your practical and if not, you will - best of luck !!

I did! I just did my second practical yesterday. Are your days off for YX still Saturday and Sunday or they vary? 

1 minute ago, trackerjack said:

1 hour ago, trackerjack said:

lol well I know for the B division it was a lot of information packed into a short time and this was a before they added CBTC and route guides to the curriculum. You’ll be fine it really takes applying yourself to make sense of the information that’s being thrown at you! They need ppl so it’s gonna feel like it’s rushed because they’re literally trying to get every body they have on the road lol…Good luck on ya practicals if you haven’t done them already! 

9 minutes ago, Imhim said:

lol well I know for the B division it was a lot of information packed into a short time and this was a before they added CBTC and route guides to the curriculum. You’ll be fine it really takes applying yourself to make sense of the information that’s being thrown at you! They need ppl so it’s gonna feel like it’s rushed because they’re literally trying to get every body they have on the road lol…Good luck on ya practicals if you haven’t done them already! 

What kind of route guides did they add? The little pamphlets from 2013 or did they make something new?

11 hours ago, trackerjack said:

If you're not sure of anything, *ask* questions. Most of the yard dispatchers are former train operators so they have some clue of what they're doing, and train operators with picked jobs in the yards or station switching have lots of experience. And if you get station switching, DO NOT take a train with passengers down the road. You can take a train light as a transfer train to another yard, but DO NOT do that with passengers on board. If you get a layup, *always* walk through your train to make sure it's empty.

YX has been shortened, but hopefully by the end, you'll feel that you *belong* here. It's basically an internship for train operators where you learn what it's like to be on your own without a TSS shadowing you like in schoolcar. Some days, you'll grind, other days, you'll do little to no work. Take advantage of the quiet days to study your signals. :-)

Edited by Keikyu Motorman

On 3/6/2022 at 6:27 PM, beanz said:

What kind of route guides did they add? The little pamphlets from 2013 or did they make something new?

When I say route guides, someone told me they added the points of no return location questions and other what aspect would you get if you’re this train questions to test. That’s what I was told.

Hey guys. So I’m around list 31xx. I just Got an email saying I’m invited to move to the next phase of becoming a T/O. 

anyone else get this ? I already Did my drug test and pre employment history back in January 3rd. 

im a little confused as to why this new email is asking for all that stuff again. Is this normal? Should I call them in the morning ? 

it’s not a big deal I’ll re do them, I just want to avoid it if it’s gonna hold me up. How many times did y’all do the drug test and pre employment history review ?

28 minutes ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Just got pre-employment email…. Going for 2nd drug test then it says I will hear back in 24-48 hours if I pass and get a conditional offer of employment…. Will keep you all updated. I’m going March 15th…. List # 31XX.

no kidding? seriously!?   GO GET IT!!!!!!!! B-)

34 minutes ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

Just got pre-employment email…. Going for 2nd drug test then it says I will hear back in 24-48 hours if I pass and get a conditional offer of employment…. Will keep you all updated. I’m going March 15th…. List # 31XX.

I also got it, I'm going on march 14th, Do you really have to fill out the pre-employment form again? 312#

38 minutes ago, Jjbb said:

I also got it, I'm going on march 14th, Do you really have to fill out the pre-employment form again? 312#

I’m not sure!! I was wondering the same thing! Hopefully someone can answer. But honestly to be safe I’m gonna probably still bring it all again cause I don’t want to hold up the process any longer. But I thought it was weird that it was the same application and stuff to bring. 

4 hours ago, Em93 said:

Hey guys. So I’m around list 31xx. I just Got an email saying I’m invited to move to the next phase of becoming a T/O. 

anyone else get this ? I already Did my drug test and pre employment history back in January 3rd. 

im a little confused as to why this new email is asking for all that stuff again. Is this normal? Should I call them in the morning ? 

it’s not a big deal I’ll re do them, I just want to avoid it if it’s gonna hold me up. How many times did y’all do the drug test and pre employment history review ?

Edit. Guess it’s normal. Good luck guys. 

3 hours ago, Mikeyanthony23 said:

I’m not sure!! I was wondering the same thing! Hopefully someone can answer. But honestly to be safe I’m gonna probably still bring it all again cause I don’t want to hold up the process any longer. But I thought it was weird that it was the same application and stuff to bring. 

38 minutes ago, Em93 said:

Edit. Guess it’s normal. Good luck guys. 

Chances are, you're filling out the whole thing again with updated employment details and the date signed on the forms. Even if you didn't quit from your job, they want the form to reflect that you're still with them when you come back in.

To those who are YX now..

Please dont tell the Dispt "Oh I'm not to comfortable doing that"

Especially if its JUST a move where one has to take a train change ends and take it back to lay up behind another train..

Seen two of them Use this excuse at 179...

Edited by RTOMan