ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Most of them was also Open Competitive when they started as TOs as well...

so usually TOs from "the streets" are usually hot heads / wise guys cuz they don't know the culture in the Hole?

I really hope i don't get a bad experience with an a$$hole that ruins my day when i'm on the road :(

10 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

so usually TOs from "the streets" are usually hot heads / wise guys cuz they don't know the culture in the Hole?

I really hope i don't get a bad experience with an a$$hole that ruins my day when i'm on the road :(

Toughen up when u get here. Don't take everything TSSs or whoever say too personal or it's gonna ruin your schoolcar experience. Most of the TSSs in schoolcar are good guys, i should know since I've been through it twice and have had nearly all of them for at least a day. They are humans just like us trying to do a job. Some of them have tempers and some of them can be very snobby and sarcastic, but nobody's expectations of you should be higher than your expectations of yourself, so their opinion of you doesn't matter. Let them have their ego trips and their soapbox tantrum moments and let it slide off your back and get to work. Once you finish and are out on your own, you will rarely if ever even see them again.

Once again like i said, most of them are alright. Don't worry too much about other people and develop a tougher skin and you'll do fine.

Edited by beanz

12 hours ago, trackerjack said:

I just said most of them are from off the street i didn't say most of them was jerks..

I came from off the street in 2001 as did 98 percent of my classmates some are TSSs..

There are exceptions..

On 2/23/2022 at 7:17 PM, Imhim said:

This year I’m gonna make 4 years as a T/O. Honestly XX wasn’t bad for me, made a lot of money, but I was working my RDOs soon as I came out lol, I honestly felt like we didn’t get enough time on the trains so kill 2 birds one stone, gain experience and money. Now to be fair, I won a job on the A so I would only do A jobs on my RDOs in the beginning  lol…but to each it’s own! It was different when I came out, still short but I don’t think as bad as now and with Covid, so I had my wishlist honored, never had my RDOs or tour changed the whole time. The higher your number the better the chances of that happening. 

Thats awesome. Keeping the same tour and RDOs the whole time would be amazing! They made it seem like they change your tour and RDOS all the time when XX

1 minute ago, FilippoSironi said:

Thats awesome. Keeping the same tour and RDOs the whole time would be amazing! They made it seem like they change your tour and RDOS all the time when XX

Some get lucky like that. Ive had my tours changed but not super often. RDOs more often but not all the time either. Just depends on how short handed they are and where they need people most.

2 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

I’ve been told that back in the day it used to be like that’s I recently had a student who told me that a couple of his classmates had this happen, they went from AMs to MIDs then to PMs I believe, but this was one of the first couple classes after Covid. 

7 hours ago, train1290 said:

Hi guys, im a probationary B/O interested in promoting to a T/O, when will the next T/O exam come out? Also, how can I study for the exam? Thanks in advance!

I don't think there's a set date for the next TO Test...

They are still hiring from this  previous test...

1 hour ago, iag48st said:

I did my pre-employment January 7th but haven’t been called for medical. I asked a School Car TSS if there were more classes scheduled but he didn’t know -_-

Be on the lookout they are definitely going to be having more classes as per a TSS I spoke to 2 days ago! It’s a process but the spring coming and they’re ramping up for spring and summer, with all the T/Os that’s out, just make sure you check your email daily! Good luck 🙏🏽

2 hours ago, Imhim said:

Be on the lookout they are definitely going to be having more classes as per a TSS I spoke to 2 days ago! It’s a process but the spring coming and they’re ramping up for spring and summer, with all the T/Os that’s out, just make sure you check your email daily! Good luck 🙏🏽

Good to hear! Thanks 🙏🏼 

5 hours ago, iag48st said:

I did my pre-employment January 7th but haven’t been called for medical. I asked a School Car TSS if there were more classes scheduled but he didn’t know -_-

I heard today there's going to be a new class in 2 weeks. 

10 hours ago, iag48st said:

I have asked a TSS myself and he don’t know either.