ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

3 hours ago, TA718 said:

Great info! appreciate you telling us new hires this. I start tomorrow and i’ve already heard from the past that this is a really hard job. So I know to expect this to be tough. But of course we can not let it get to us and like you said just study and be early and it’ll be alright. Can’t wait to meet some of you guys. 

No problem bro, I was in your shoes just over a month ago. It's not a hard job, just a very serious one. My class is right ahead of you so if you join the B division we'll more than likely run into each other at some point. You'll have fun operating the trains especially on your Road days. We get a raise tomorrow too!😁

Edited by rondread445

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, rondread445 said:

For anyone who is dreading School Car you're already putting yourself in a bad position. It's nothing to fear, it's called School Car for a reason you're in school. The only thing you should worry about is trying to stay awake after lunch. I'm in school now and it's not bad at all. It might seem overwhelming at first but it gets better. Create good habits and you'll be fine. I have one of the strictest TSS who co-authored the current text books for school and I'll tell y'all what he told us," You're going to make mistakes, this is the time to be your worst as a TO because there's only one direction to go from the bottom..". Study and get there early, on time is late.

That term "create good habits" is what our Schoolcar Instructors told us 21 years ago...

Hasn't steered any of us wrong yet...

Good habits keep one out of seeing the folks at PS 248 and after probation 2 Broadway...

Two Broadway is a meat grinder...

Edited by RTOMan

2 hours ago, rondread445 said:

No problem bro, I was in your shoes just over a month ago. It's not a hard job, just a very serious one. My class is right ahead of you so if you join the B division we'll more than likely run into each other at some point. You'll have fun operating the trains especially on your Road days. We get a raise tomorrow too!😁

Nice! I didn’t even know about that. Even the new hires get it?

5 hours ago, FilippoSironi said:

Yes I think the schoolcar pay should be 37.50 p/hour after tomorrow. 

Yeah it's the final raise in the current contract. You can check it out on the union website. 

*EDIT

This was meant for TA718

Edited by rondread445

6 hours ago, Mtahopeful2287 said:

List number 401x I want to wish everyone the best on there first day you guys got this. im patiently waiting for medical 

Yupp!! Same here! Wishing everyone well!!  #419x awaiting medical! 

4 minutes ago, thegameksk said:

I took medical but I'm on medical hold for now.  If I can't get it fixed before the 90 I know I have to do pre-employment again but do I also have to do full medical again too?

Seems everything is going slow right now. No updates