ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

6 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Yeah I agree I think from starting in 2018 I might have been XX for a year a half and even that wasn’t bad I just grabbed jobs off the vacancy bid. You have to do your research and make the best of your situation! I get it there will definitely be bad days but what job where you aren’t the CEO that don’t consist of bad days lol

I did my bid, in four years god willing im turning in my brake handle...

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Imhim said:

Yeah I agree I think from starting in 2018 I might have been XX for a year a half and even that wasn’t bad I just grabbed jobs off the vacancy bid. You have to do your research and make the best of your situation! I get it there will definitely be bad days but what job where you aren’t the CEO that don’t consist of bad days lol

To add to this I'll emphasize doing your research..

I bid and won an AM job on the Apple. I was very happy to have some stability and even though it was a temp, the owner of the job never came back so I've had it since March 1st.

I did do my research, but i underestimated how tough doing 9 trips to far Rockaway per week is! 🤣

No wonder i won the job! Nobody else wanted it.

17 minutes ago, beanz said:

I bid and won an AM job on the Apple. I was very happy to have some stability and even though it was a temp, the owner of the job never came back so I've had it since March 1st.

I did do my research, but i underestimated how tough doing 9 trips to far Rockaway per week is! 🤣

I don’t mind the Apple on the AMs, you’re express and the view at 207 is amazing lol. To add your statement yeah a lot of hidden gems be in the vacancy bid, never think “oh my seniority not higher enough for this job” just put the bid in cause you never know!

Edited by Imhim
Grammar

16 minutes ago, beanz said:

Deff would like it if it starts there lol

2 hours ago, beanz said:

Thats literally my dream train and route!!!! 

2 hours ago, Imhim said:

I don’t mind the Apple on the AMs, you’re express and the view at 207 is amazing lol. To add your statement yeah a lot of hidden gems be in the vacancy bid, never think “oh my seniority not higher enough for this job” just put the bid in cause you never know!

2 hours ago, STtoMTA said:

Deff would like it if it starts there lol

1 minute ago, underground traveler said:

Thats literally my dream train and route!!!! 

Don't underestimate that Apple...i could do 1 to far rock and 1 to lefferts no problem but 2 to far rock 4 out of 5 days a week is no joke, especially when most of what u will operate is r46s. That master controller takes a serious toll on your right shoulder if your posture isn't right and those seats are so old that they are very difficult to adjust for the right posture. I am 6'3 and a lot of times the seat can't move all the way back for leg room so I'm cramped up and sitting low for an hour and 40 minutes. Thankfully i was able to pick and instead of 9 trips to far Rockaway and 1 to lefferts per week, i will only be seeing the rock 2 times a week next pick. Can't wait til they retire those 46s. The vanity wore off quick for me 😂...nice train when it's working and very easy to operate but I'm over it.

1 hour ago, beanz said:

Don't underestimate that Apple...i could do 1 to far rock and 1 to lefferts no problem but 2 to far rock 4 out of 5 days a week is no joke, especially when most of what u will operate is r46s. That master controller takes a serious toll on your right shoulder if your posture isn't right and those seats are so old that they are very difficult to adjust for the right posture. I am 6'3 and a lot of times the seat can't move all the way back for leg room so I'm cramped up and sitting low for an hour and 40 minutes. Thankfully i was able to pick and instead of 9 trips to far Rockaway and 1 to lefferts per week, i will only be seeing the rock 2 times a week next pick. Can't wait til they retire those 46s. The vanity wore off quick for me 😂...nice train when it's working and very easy to operate but I'm over it.

But I live over there!

1 minute ago, STtoMTA said:

But I live over there!

Then it'll work for u based on that...i live by Van Cortland and even though a lot of people don't like 3 trips on the 1, I'll take it in a heartbeat when i can transfer to the A just cause of proximity to home. I can walk to the terminal or take the bus 3 stops if it's raining.

2 minutes ago, beanz said:

Then it'll work for u based on that...i live by Van Cortland and even though a lot of people don't like 3 trips on the 1, I'll take it in a heartbeat when i can transfer to the A just cause of proximity to home. I can walk to the terminal or take the bus 3 stops if it's raining.

Rifht , that’s kinda how I am I can get to anything from the A or the q52 which goes by my house 

8 hours ago, beanz said:

I did the A from 207 to Lefferts 2 trips for 3 days posting and I was dead tired, my arm was killing me...I can imagine doing what you do being extremely tough on your body especially on a R46.  

42 minutes ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

If that line had 68s and paid a bit better, I'd be considering Far Rock over 179. The 46s were my railfan dream trains until I finally sat in the cab and had to operate them. :-/

A315 (I think) is a one tripper that only uses a 68A, ends with a layup to concourse yard though.

6 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

A315 (I think) is a one tripper that only uses a 68A, ends with a layup to concourse yard though.

I almost built an RDO relief package with that job, but it really wasn't worth the headache of commuting uptown from Long Island for it.

Edit: It's A/316.

Edited by Keikyu Motorman

41 minutes ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

I almost built an RDO relief package with that job, but it really wasn't worth the headache of commuting uptown from Long Island for it.

Edit: It's A/316.

Yeah; that’s the only downside for those not uptown/in the Bronx.

Also, thanks for correcting me, I knew it was one of those.

31 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

what's an RDO relief package?

One of the job packages we can pick consists of jobs available on their owners day off..

For example let's say rtoman, the senior man here, picks F 201(F line with job assignment number 201) with Thursday and Friday off, and someone else picks F 202 with Sunday and Monday off...people who pick RDO relief will then make a daily schedule consisting of open jobs on people's days off. So if I'm picking RDO relief, I'll look at Sunday and Monday and see 202 open, Tuesday and Wednesday can be my days off, and 201 on Thursday and Friday. Then I'll grab something else for Saturday and that's my assignment schedule.

That is usually what us new people end up with at first. I just had my first pick and i got the C on Sunday and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off, and the A on Thursday Friday and Saturday. 

So instead of having a straight job doing the same thing every day i have some variety which i personally prefer. Controlled variety i should say, because being XX or being XL u get a lot of variety but have no control over what times you report or sign out.

Edit: I should also add that it's per district. Different lines are in different districts so you can't make an RDO relief package consisting of the ABCD lines because AC are in the north and BD are in the south.

But this is not something for ya to worry about right now...just sharing some info cause i remember when i was waiting to be called i loved collecting any tidbit of information about the job i could find.

Edited by beanz

8 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

they use the 68A on A line? I didn't know that. How do you end up at Concourse yard? Finish at 207 then go light to 145 and switch ends and go up to CCYD?

51 minutes ago, FilippoSironi said:

they use the 68A on A line? I didn't know that. How do you end up at Concourse yard? Finish at 207 then go light to 145 and switch ends and go up to CCYD?

There’s only one job on the A that uses the 68A, as Keikyu said, the job is A316.

You do 1 trip 207 - Far Rock and back, then you take the train light down to 135 spur, change ends and wait for the tower to let you go. Then you go up to CCYD.

1 minute ago, dincena said:

Good luck to all my fellow T/O's starting school car tommorow. I'll be there wearing dark blue pants and a grey shirt, come say hello! 😅 Excited and nervous but we got this!!

Try and find out if there’s definitely an august and no July class 

3 hours ago, dincena said:

Good luck to all my fellow T/O's starting school car tommorow. I'll be there wearing dark blue pants and a grey shirt, come say hello! 😅 Excited and nervous but we got this!!

Good luck to you to we definitely got this tomorrow we need to come with a signal for those of us in the forum lol 😆