ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, train1290 said:

Wait, In RTO You would get issued a Violation for that!??

One obtains violations for a whole assortment of situations within your "career" as a T/O in RTO.  Including, but not limited to:  Looking at a dispatcher the wrong way or commenting about their choice (and volume) of music they are blasting while on duty; Breathing the wrong way while operating during a pestering episode performed by a bored TSS inside your own cab; Relieving yourself in one of the many 3rd world style bathrooms throughout the 'system' to prevent your internals from being perforated due to holding in excreta too long after conducting an In-N-Out (not the burger joint) 2 tripper maneuver.

55 minutes ago, thisjobistrash said:

One obtains violations for a whole assortment of situations within your "career" as a T/O in RTO.  Including, but not limited to:  Looking at a dispatcher the wrong way or commenting about their choice (and volume) of music they are blasting while on duty; Breathing the wrong way while operating during a pestering episode performed by a bored TSS inside your own cab; Relieving yourself in one of the many 3rd world style bathrooms throughout the 'system' to prevent your internals from being perforated due to holding in excreta too long after conducting an In-N-Out (not the burger joint) 2 tripper maneuver.

Username checks out lmao.

8 minutes ago, beanz said:

If u get disciplined going the posted speed it's only because they don't believe u and u couldn't prove it. I know people who have hit timers during probation and after probation and they write a g2 and never hear of it again. 

it never happened to me luckily. But it has happened to people I know and they were platformed.

5 minutes ago, TOSironi said:

it never happened to me luckily. But it has happened to people I know and they were platformed.

i second this!  yooo tons of folks punished for hitting GTs (and in their words.....legit not their fault).  The TIP/trick for me is to go slow until that stop arm goes down.  like SEE that stop arm go down.....forget what the siggie says.  sometimes they lie.   it's clear yet the stop arm is still waving to you!   forget the timetable.  i dare cadets to be late on purpose and see what happens........NOTHING!  yes i come in late on purpose to test it out a few times.  NADA.  so whats the damn rush right? smhh.   It's sad that a few got Terminated from hitting too much siggies though.  Transit loves to use the arnold line: "YOO ARHHE DERMINATED!!!"

4 hours ago, TOSironi said:

IIRC, we were in schoolcar when that first bulletin went out. It was hinted to most of us that it wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. 

It's one thing when you're experienced on a line, and you know how the trains and signals react, but when you're new, be careful around homeballs and approach signals on time...

6 minutes ago, Keikyu Motorman said:

IIRC, we were in schoolcar when that first bulletin went out. It was hinted to most of us that it wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. 

It's one thing when you're experienced on a line, and you know how the trains and signals react, but when you're new, be careful around homeballs and approach signals on time...

Exactly..just to clarify my position, when u are new and have no consistent home line, be very careful around all signals. Knock 5 to 7 off timers and take your time. I'm just saying that they do, for the most part, actually clear on time. So if u knock 3 to 5 off each GT sign, u will be absolutely fine. Just make sure it's actually on time. I've seen ppl hit home signals that they thought were on time and they swore up and down it was on time because it usually is, but it wasn't in that moment because there was traffic ahead. 

But just be careful and stay focused folks and you'll be ok.

29 minutes ago, MarkGuy said:

After reading some of these comments, it's clear schoolcar has scared the heck outta a lot of new guys coming down.

TRUTH!! school cas has all been just scare tactics.  especially a lot of TSS lost their street cred when we heard about THEIR old mishaps.  so we learned to just do our best and let everything flow

10 hours ago, MarkGuy said:

After reading some of these comments, it's clear schoolcar has scared the heck outta a lot of new guys coming down.

That's because you got some of these TSSs in Schoolcar who don't have time themselves and they are just" reading a script"...

The job is what one makes it and if one comes down here all scared and chit then good chance one will have a incident.

11 hours ago, beanz said:

Exactly..just to clarify my position, when u are new and have no consistent home line, be very careful around all signals. Knock 5 to 7 off timers and take your time. I'm just saying that they do, for the most part, actually clear on time. So if u knock 3 to 5 off each GT sign, u will be absolutely fine. Just make sure it's actually on time. I've seen ppl hit home signals that they thought were on time and they swore up and down it was on time because it usually is, but it wasn't in that moment because there was traffic ahead. 

But just be careful and stay focused folks and you'll be ok.

Man listen great advice and i still say it just ignore the whiners and miserable folks, because if they found something better they wouldn't be here.

On 11/11/2022 at 8:04 AM, RTOMan said:

No not all the time...

Depends on the Supt the Situation as well...

I know this for a fact....

These Superintendents act like they're god, please.... like they're on a throne. Its ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, theres a few Superintendents that are good and human, but the rest are the worst. They act they're higher and almighty than everyone else!

On 8/4/2022 at 1:31 PM, TO22 said:

Thank you! I think the medical was ok i struggled a little with the vision because I’m a blind bat lol but they really want u to pass and low key help you out. I did bring in a note for my mild case of sleep apnea Dr almost put me on hold till i pulled that note out lol. Also if anyone does have sleep apnea they only monitor moderate to severe cases your occurrence have to be over 15.

if your in pre employment put on medical hold for a sleep study and have a mild case... will you not move forward? eyes ears urine and EKG on point. 

Just now, Schecter said:

17.5 or less last time I checked, they also ask sleep apnea questions during the medical on the computer and paper.

Right so I fell into this as my neck is 19 and they put me on hold for a sleep study, found out I have a mild case. BP EKG HEARING EYES UNRINE all cleared NO issue. But I'm in the dark in what this will result

2 minutes ago, ealfinez said:

Right so I fell into this as my neck is 19 and they put me on hold for a sleep study, found out I have a mild case. BP EKG HEARING EYES UNRINE all cleared NO issue. But I'm in the dark in what this will result

They'll put you on medical hold they want a month reading on a cpap machine and bring it in

1 hour ago, ealfinez said:

we had a #BIGNECKGANG a while back....i don't know if they made it.  ur neck has to be smaller than 17.5 or 15 inches? i seriously forgot.  so check up on that.  
either way......count it as a blessing ur put on hold in this hellhole.  u don't want this!!

Just now, trackerjack said:

we had a #BIGNECKGANG a while back....i don't know if they made it.  ur neck has to be smaller than 17.5 or 15 inches? i seriously forgot.  so check up on that.  
either way......count it as a blessing ur put on hold in this hellhole.  u don't want this!!

well Im just trying to find out if I will be completely removed when I go Wednesday with my "moderate" diagnosis ...? COVID did a # on me... but I'm back in my mode...so getting right is gonna happen

3 hours ago, train1290 said:

These Superintendents act like they're god, please.... like they're on a throne. Its ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, theres a few Superintendents that are good and human, but the rest are the worst. They act they're higher and almighty than everyone else!

i had a run in with two superindendents who had a ego-mania napoleon complex disorder (not to mention they were both shorter than me ha ha ha go figure!!)
they really need to check ur ego.....now.....if they are doing their job, no worries mate!  but they didn't need to belittle you nor give you attitude.  sometimes u have to bark back but not drop to their level.  don't raise your voice or give attitude...just out smart them and talk soft but use the right words to stand your ground!  

3 minutes ago, trackerjack said:

Lmao yeah I made it, I'm the one who created the #bigneckgang