ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for those of you who Graduated school car, but never passed probation, quit and left, and then Re-hired to come back into School Car....

- Did you got to Keep your Seniority # when you came back?

- Did you kept your Vacation progression?  or did you had to restart from scratch?
     AKA - the 4 weeks vacation after 3 years deal, did you had to restart that?

- Did you pick working in the other Division so that it's something new and now you can say that u have experience in both Div??

Thanks in Advance.

3 hours ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

Question for those of you who Graduated school car, but never passed probation, quit and left, and then Re-hired to come back into School Car....

- Did you kept your Vacation progression?  or did you had to restart from scratch?

- Did you pick working in the other Division so that it's something new and now you can say that u have experience in both Div??

Thanks in Advance.

You lose everything when you quit. Start from scratch. Wouldn't it be better to pick close to home. A two hour commute quickly becomes exhausting. 

3 hours ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

Thanks in Advance.

You lose all seniority when getting rehired after you quit. So that means any accrued time towards your 3rd year of service for 4 weeks of vacation and/or your file number. 

You can do whatever you want in terms of choosing divisions (if you get a choice.)

13 hours ago, Jay-Oh said:

You lose all seniority when getting rehired after you quit. So that means any accrued time towards your 3rd year of service for 4 weeks of vacation and/or your file number. 

You can do whatever you want in terms of choosing divisions (if you get a choice.)

That's why if one needs to leave or quit its best to do it during Schoolcar...

Taking this job "to try it out"  and passing Schoolcar only to quit because it was everything one was told it was, and couldn't deal with it(Unless something drastic happens)without any better options in the horizon isn't a good idea...

As the others said you come back get rehired you at the bottom of the barrel..

Again...

17 hours ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

When I got rehired I got my seniority back, my medical insurance restored right away and even my vacation progression.

Now I did get terminated and even tho I didn't pass probation, I did have more than a year in title when it happened so that may be a factor.

I returned after only 5 months and I was told that if a person comes back to title within the year u are entitled to your file number and all of your stuff but like I said there may be many different factors to that.

6 hours ago, beanz said:

When I got rehired I got my seniority back, my medical insurance restored right away and even my vacation progression.

Now I did get terminated and even tho I didn't pass probation, I did have more than a year in title when it happened so that may be a factor.

I returned after only 5 months and I was told that if a person comes back to title within the year u are entitled to your file number and all of your stuff but like I said there may be many different factors to that.

What constitutes 1 year in title?  Is it 1 full year in actual days working on the road?  Or is it 1 year calendar days as an employee of Transit (since Day 1 of school car?
File number is the Test # correct?, not the seniority number?
Thank you again for clarifying.

5 minutes ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

What constitutes 1 year in title?  Is it 1 full year in actual days working on the road?  Or is it 1 year calendar days as an employee of Transit (since Day 1 of school car?
File number is the Test # correct?, not the seniority number?
Thank you again for clarifying.

It means from the date u are hired. U are in title as soon as u start.

File number is seniority number, just another name for it.

23 hours ago, beanz said:

Remember also which works for those who are promoted dont work for those from the open Competitive List..

11 hours ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

i'm OC too.  if u don't mind....how long ago did you went through this?  perhaps they were more lenient back in the day?
is there someone or a department I can speak to, to ask this question?  thanks

Not too long ago..it's all on a case by case basis. You are better off going down to 130 Livingston and speaking to a union rep who can go over to the operations training office in the same floor and talk to them. I've always heard u can reinstate your name back on a list as long as it's active unless the agency specifically rejects your request which they would do if u were considered a liability, but I've seen someone reinstate his name after failing his practicals. It really just depends on who u talk to from operations training.

22 hours ago, SchoolCarMasochist said:

i'm OC too.  if u don't mind....how long ago did you went through this?  perhaps they were more lenient back in the day?
is there someone or a department I can speak to, to ask this question?  thanks

This list is governed by city laws. It prevents you having to depend on an individual. The law seems clear here. If you came from an open competitive list and you resigned before probation ends you lose everything. Start from scratch. But thankfully you can start again because the law allows you to restore yourself to the list and be hired again. 

4 hours ago, Harlem said:

This list is governed by city laws. It prevents you having to depend on an individual. The law seems clear here. If you came from an open competitive list and you resigned before probation ends you lose everything. Start from scratch. But thankfully you can start again because the law allows you to restore yourself to the list and be hired again. 

it's both interesting, yet confusing. 
I'm assuming the List number never changes (the test exam number), but the seniority # is lost (when we do come back to school car, graduate, bla bla bla).
I do understand it though.

Also another interesting question is: 
After 1 year (passing probation), can you just leave and come back within 1 year and all is fine and dandy?
Or.....must Transit APPROVE your leave first? 

As I am told from someone......Transit only holds your position for 1 year if you leave for another DCAS job? 
Or does it include any other job (white collar or starting ur own business, etc).

On 10/31/2023 at 12:53 PM, BkTo87 said:

I took my pre employment drug test October 17 and I’m currently waiting for medical appointment n final processing as anyone been called or emailed for final processing for the November TO class?

I went down on  October 12 and, I haven’t heard anything yet. Hopefully they will call soon for the November class. A superintendent told a bunch of us that they have a class every month to March so it’s just a waiting game.

On 10/18/2023 at 3:35 PM, MG23 said:

Hello everyone I believe they passed my list no. 79xx is there anyone I can call so that they can select me? Not sure how it works but I see people in the 11000s saying they have been called off the list. Any help would be appreciated 

I’m in the low 95xx and have not heard anything from them. 

I took the Conductor exam and I’m in the 11xxx, I took my OPA In May. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Youngking said:

I’m list #62xx. Just received the confirmation email a few weeks ago that my name was reinstated to the list. I got called in June but was missing my ssn card and had to wait until a new one came in the mail. Does my list number go back to the top of the list. When should I be called ? 

Yes it would. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Mccoy718 said:

Good day everyone…I got called In Last year,passed everything but medical I came back and was put back on the list. My list number was 4818 I know they are way past that now. Being that I’m put back on the list what are the odds of being called back in 

You’d most likely be in the next class.