ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last thing on the complaining stuff, this thread wasn’t started for that lol, it was to give information on the process of getting into transit and to track the process on which numbers were being called! I just had a student who literally just came back! So he was called, but because he wasn’t gonna get weekends off he left! Resigned. Then boom, he reinstated his name and came back. Lost 2 years on his seniority over nonsense smh lol, nothing to do with operating, equipment, just because he thought coming into a seniority based job he was gonna get weekends off! 

5 minutes ago, Imhim said:

My last thing on the complaining stuff, this thread wasn’t started for that lol, it was to give information on the process of getting into transit and to track the process on which numbers were being called! I just had a student who literally just came back! So he was called, but because he wasn’t gonna get weekends off he left! Resigned. Then boom, he reinstated his name and came back. Lost 2 years on his seniority over nonsense smh lol, nothing to do with operating, equipment, just because he thought coming into a seniority based job he was gonna get weekends off! 

7 years as a conductor and I still can’t get weekends off lol. 

11 minutes ago, Imhim said:

I wish it was that easy, been here almost a total for 5 years 1 year c/r and 3 years a t/o and I was luckily enough to pick as a t/o within my 1st year. Weekends off this early will be pipedreams unless I'm lucky enough to get a bid job with weekends off. This job is what you make it some people come from a comfy job with zero senority and then come here thinking they'll get holidays weekends and the tour they want. We are all warned before we start this job that we won't get that but people probably think it's all hearsay. I was going for my bachelors in law and had to stop because I learned the hard way when I started this job that they won't work around your school schedule like a normal job would.

Lower your expectations people...the job pays great but it ain't gonna be all sweet 😂...if we had weekends off and flexible schedules the pay would drop drastically. I could have picked early AMs this pick and that would have been perfect for me I don't need weekends off as long as I'm working early AM and get to spend the evening at home with my kids. I may not have the schedule I want but I'm able to pick something that works for me right now. I'm 5 minutes from home and I work evenings so I can babysit my youngest during the day and save the insane amount of money I'd be paying for a daycare or babysitter. You can make it work for u too.

24 minutes ago, Schecter said:

I wish it was that easy, been here almost a total for 5 years 1 year c/r and 3 years a t/o and I was luckily enough to pick as a t/o within my 1st year. Weekends off this early will be pipedreams unless I'm lucky enough to get a bid job with weekends off. This job is what you make it some people come from a comfy job with zero senority and then come here thinking they'll get holidays weekends and the tour they want. We are all warned before we start this job that we won't get that but people probably think it's all hearsay. I was going for my bachelors in law and had to stop because I learned the hard way when I started this job that they won't work around your school schedule like a normal job would.

You’re right on point with this one! People need to understand we are all warned about the schedules, the unexpected late clears due to the road blowing up! Literally had them tell us in orientation if you have children, make sure you have a back up baby sitter for you regular sitter and just in case, have a back up for the back up! Now why continue in the process, just to get through school car and start acting like this was all new? Seems childish to me! Again the job isn’t perfect but it’s what it is when in terms of the description given in the beginning! 

I will put this out there; If you find that you hate the road, I would suggest giving sub-c a try. You might like it, you might hate it, but it’s something different. 
I have no problem saying that I was happy coming into work almost everyday when I was in work trains even with its problems and stressors. 

On 12/6/2023 at 5:01 PM, Imhim said:

You’re right on point with this one! People need to understand we are all warned about the schedules, the unexpected late clears due to the road blowing up! Literally had them tell us in orientation if you have children, make sure you have a back up baby sitter for you regular sitter and just in case, have a back up for the back up! Now why continue in the process, just to get through school car and start acting like this was all new? Seems childish to me! Again the job isn’t perfect but it’s what it is when in terms of the description given in the beginning! 

That's because some folks dont know what struggle is and they used to stuff being handed to them...

Cant get anything any better out here as well..

So they whine and complain...

On 12/6/2023 at 4:49 PM, beanz said:

Lower your expectations people...the job pays great but it ain't gonna be all sweet 😂...if we had weekends off and flexible schedules the pay would drop drastically. I could have picked early AMs this pick and that would have been perfect for me I don't need weekends off as long as I'm working early AM and get to spend the evening at home with my kids. I may not have the schedule I want but I'm able to pick something that works for me right now. I'm 5 minutes from home and I work evenings so I can babysit my youngest during the day and save the insane amount of money I'd be paying for a daycare or babysitter. You can make it work for u too.

That takes time here to get something close to what one wants..

Which is cool no one says this Job is perfect..

The issue IS some folks dont want that they want what they want NOW..

I suggest  staring a ONLYFANS page then...

Edited by RTOMan

On 12/6/2023 at 6:01 PM, Jay-Oh said:

I will put this out there; If you find that you hate the road, I would suggest giving sub-c a try. You might like it, you might hate it, but it’s something different. 
I have no problem saying that I was happy coming into work almost everyday when I was in work trains even with its problems and stressors. 

Sub C is a good choice if one is tired of the road indeed...

Will make Money as a Work train T/O...

*DISCLAMIER dont be a eff up Sub C is one of the quickest way to lose those handles....

25 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Sub C is a good choice if one is tired of the road indeed...

Will make Money as a Work train T/O...

*DISCLAMIER dont be a eff up Sub C is one of the quickest way to lose those handles....

Yeah I should’ve added that disclaimer. Dont goto sub-c JUST to run from the road. Because if you mess around and don’t pay attention, you can lose your job real easily. 

21 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

For the entire weekend? You’re looking at 16+ years. But people are retiring at a crazy rate so it might change. 

Nah that depends...I know somebody who has less than 10 years and he's had weekends off for a couple years now. He first was able to get it during PMs and just a few picks ago he got it during AMs. He's in the B and he picks straight jobs.

You might also be able to get weekends off sooner if u pick XL midnights or PMs or even the refuse train. 

As for a piece of the weekend I know somebody who just had SM which she picked and she has 5 years in. She lost it this upcoming pick but it's not impossible to be able to get a piece of it within 8 years.

Edited by beanz

30 minutes ago, beanz said:

Nah that depends...I know somebody who has less than 10 years and he's had weekends off for a couple years now. He first was able to get it during PMs and just a few picks ago he got it during AMs. He's in the B and he picks straight jobs.

You might also be able to get weekends off sooner if u pick XL midnights or PMs or even the refuse train. 

As for a piece of the weekend I know somebody who just had SM which she picked and she has 5 years in. She lost it this upcoming pick but it's not impossible to be able to get a piece of it within 8 years.

It really depends on how the pick board plays out. At the 5-8 year range, you can find some gems where the weekend is free, but it’s not exactly guaranteed with that seniority.

Refuse train with S/S is so rare, maybe 1 or 2 people have it. You need at least 7-8 years to pick a refuse RDO relief job in the B, you also need to get qualified for miscellaneous. 

Getting a piece of the weekend is a lot more attainable. Buddy of mine had F/S with 7 years. If I was picking on the road then I’d might have gotten something like T/F or F/S if I was lucky.

Word to the wise ...

When you clear Medical Hold for anything they find not right (pressure, sugar ,apnea eyes, hearing) they dont forget.

Keep going to your doctor and get paperwork showing you good..

Especially if you are Scheduled for a "revisit"(every six months) that means they are checking to see if you are in compliance of whatever they found not right...

They are str restricting people you want to part of that meaning as a T/O you are just working in yards or switching Conductors you are working platform.

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

Word to the wise ...

When you clear Medical Hold for anything they find not right (pressure, sugar ,apnea eyes, hearing) they dont forget.

Keep going to your doctor and get paperwork showing you good..

Especially if you are Scheduled for a "revisit"(every six months) that means they are checking to see if you are in compliance of whatever they found not right...

They are str restricting people you want to part of that meaning as a T/O you are just working in yards or switching Conductors you are working platform.

Yup