ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

1 hour ago, Jay-Oh said:

That’s honestly up to your TSS’. My first day of school car wasn’t too bad, I was pretty excited to get the show on the road, my nerves were minimal because I knew that we wouldn’t working with equipment yet. They will explain the timeline of schoolcar, what to expect, rules and regs, etc. 

The general feel I got from the TSS’ were that they really want you to pass. As per our induction TSS’, they will do everything in their power to help you get everything understood. Of course, until I meet my class instructor and get some time in, I cannot confirm yet.

Just make sure you put in the work, pay attention, and treat this as a once in a lifetime opportunity, because it is.

We had TSS Lois running us through induction and the guy’s a hoot. Funny guy, but makes sure to stress important details. I think I’ll be meeting my class instructor this week.

Here’s hoping we get a good one.

Even if it’s hard to sleep the night before due to excitement, try. Falling asleep in class is a huge no-no. 

TSS Lois is a good dude! Very informative and helpful, he really knows his stuff and operates great. He covered my class a couple times and every time I felt like I learned more than the last time I seen him. When TSS's like him speak, listen and take notes!!

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Hey! I was there on the same day for P/E, 27th. I'm 14XX.

**Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but everytime I come back here, I have to do "forgot password" and reset to sign back in. I keep putting the same password and it signs me in, but if I sign out or come back later, it doesn't work and I have to start all over. I even tried different passwords with the same issue.

If anyone knows why this is happening or who I can contact, most appreciated.

I am having the same issue, I need to reset password everytime I sign in....

41 minutes ago, Imhim said:

TSS Lois is a good dude! Very informative and helpful, he really knows his stuff and operates great. He covered my class a couple times and every time I felt like I learned more than the last time I seen him. When TSS's like him speak, listen and take notes!!

Yeah man, it’s just unfortunate that he’s A division. I’m in B, so I’m trying to figure out who my class got. I’m okay with TSS Rivera or Roberto.

3 hours ago, candorgreen said:

List #81X. Yes they told me what the problem was. I just have to get a letter from my doctor. I don’t want to say what it is specifically. I won’t get to see him until Thursday to get the letter (he doesn’t have any openings sooner than that). And I can’t go back to 180 Livingston on Friday because of other obligations. So I’m hoping I can go on Monday. But Monday is Christmas Eve. Does anyone know if they’re open on Monday?

Try any urgent care, depending on the health situation.

Call Livingston, they'll tell you if they are open. (347) 643-7413

The city clerk's office is open. I would think if that city agency is open, others would be as well.

https://www.cityclerk.nyc.gov/html/about/holidays.shtml

2 hours ago, LIRRMedford said:

Speaking from experience since I was put on hold for my diabetes (Started Class Yesterday)They have their own form for you to fill out. Might be able to call livingston and have it faxed in advanced. But without it they will put you on hold and hand you one personally when you go in for eval. I got mine cleared up within a week. You should be fine if you can get ahold of that paper before your med date.

What is the form name or number? Sometimes you can find these online.

4 hours ago, ListNumber14xx said:

So is mine lol. Awaiting medical e-mail right there with you! When do you estimate they'll get to our number? March? 

Oh yeah, lol just noticed your username.

I added 60 per class times the 3 classes from the last list number called plus 2 classes per month to reach the 1400's. I got March'ish.

BUT! That's only if everyone person passed medical and everyone called for each class stayed in the class and didn't get disqualified. Also depends if they do 2 classes a month which they have been doing since the summer.

Now after reading what's going on in here, many will be on medical hold, decide not to accept and others disqualified. 

More than likely before March. 🙏🏾

1 hour ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Oh yeah, lol just noticed your username.

I added 60 per class times the 3 classes from the last list number called plus 2 classes per month to reach the 1400's. I got March'ish.

BUT! That's only if everyone person passed medical and everyone called for each class stayed in the class and didn't get disqualified. Also depends if they do 2 classes a month which they have been doing since the summer.

Now after reading what's going on in here, many will be on medical hold, decide not to accept and others disqualified. 

More than likely before March. 🙏🏾

I'm 90x and I still haven't even been called for medical. Your expectations are very optimistic but don't set your heart on it because there's a good chance u will be dissapointed. I'm sure u will definitely be called at some point in 2019, but more likely towards the back half of it. 

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

I'm 90x and I still haven't even been called for medical. Your expectations are very optimistic but don't set your heart on it because there's a good chance u will be dissapointed. I'm sure u will definitely be called at some point in 2019, but more likely towards the back half of it. 

You haven't been called because they are up to 81x. You should be in Jan/Feb.

Me disappointed? Not a chance. None of us waiting for medical will be disappointed because we will eventually be called.

We are in a different climate as in the past. Tons of TO’s have retired or are retiring currently.

That’s why they were calling in people way before the list was released.

I looked through the thread again and re-did the math.

Based on the facts:

1-Classes nonstop since the summer

2-About 60 per class, 2 classes a month = 120 numbers called a month

3- Dec 14th username on this thread candorgreen said he got called in and he is list #81x

4-If there are 2 classes a month, 120 medicals a month, and I count from the last number we know called, 810’ish, then to reach 1400’s it would take about 5 months. 5 x 120 = 600 + 810 = 1410. That’s Mayish. But it doesn’t matter, we will be called. It’s good to have gauge because life is happening while we are waiting. And this optimistic scenario is not counting the disqualified, those who are kicked out from training or those put on medical hold.

So best case scenario is spring’ish, worse is May’ish.

1 hour ago, acabral136 said:

Spring’ish, worse is May’ish for me that is.

2 hours ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Me disappointed? Not a chance. None of us waiting for medical will be disappointed because we will eventually be called.

We are in a different climate as in the past. Tons of TO’s have retired or are retiring currently.

Based on the facts:

3- Dec 14th username on this thread candorgreen said he got called in and he is list #81x

4-If there are 2 classes a month, 120 medicals a month, and I count from the last number we know called, 810’ish, then to reach 1400’s it would take about 5 months. 5 x 120 = 600 + 810 = 1410. That’s Mayish. But it doesn’t matter, we will be called. It’s good to have gauge because life is happening while we are waiting. And this optimistic scenario is not counting the disqualified, those who are kicked out from training or those put on medical hold.

There haven't been 2 classes called each month, tho. Only one for nov and dec each, for instance. And bear in mind, transit could slow down the hiring pace or even freeze the list without warning. U never know, so there's no saying when we'll get called. Not even sure there will be feb and march classes yet.

2 hours ago, wrong side of tracks said:

Based on the facts:

There hasn't been 2 classes a month. That's only happened now in January, and I could even see the January 28 class taking place instead of the February class, since there still hasn't been an announcement of a february class at this point. 

Also, there was a month skipped before. I don't remember exactly but it may have been either October or November that went by without a class. 

And as it has been pointed out, they could stop hiring for a few months at any point as they have in the past. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't be optimistic, I'm just saying hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Ultimately we will all get a shot though, so it's all good. 

41 minutes ago, acabral136 said:

There hasn't been 2 classes a month. That's only happened now in January, and I could even see the January 28 class taking place instead of the February class, since there still hasn't been an announcement of a february class at this point. 

Also, there was a month skipped before. I don't remember exactly but it may have been either October or November that went by without a class. 

And as it has been pointed out, they could stop hiring for a few months at any point as they have in the past. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't be optimistic, I'm just saying hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Ultimately we will all get a shot though, so it's all good. 

I think June and October were the months that were skipped. 

2 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Someone from my class quit today. He was too nervous about the job.

Probably for the best since he was freaking out since day 1.

Wow I wonder what made him so nervous. Only thing I'm worried about is jumpers but not worried enough to give up that sweet salary. 

14 minutes ago, Jay-Oh said:

Someone from my class quit today. He was too nervous about the job.

Probably for the best since he was freaking out since day 1.

So, if someone quits the class or gets kicked out, do they call someone else from the list to take his place or no because the class has already started and the new person will have missed information?

4 minutes ago, wrong side of tracks said:

So, if someone quits the class or gets kicked out, do they call someone else from the list to take his place or no because the class has already started and the new person will have missed information?

I imagine they wouldn't call someone in to play catchup. Wouldn't be fair to them.