Transit Cleaner Test

sealteam1962

Cleaner's position does not require testing, last time me an mark went to Livingston (August 26th) there was a big thing on the wall by the applications on the 6th floor saying: we are not accepting any cleaner positions at this time.

Idk about now.

i heard they need lots of cleaners does anyone know is there a test for this if so anyone know when i heard you can get in through welfare to work and after 6 months you are in is this true

I think they will need cleaners if they expand the pilot program to every line . But they don't have the money to do that nor will they get anything close to what they need. There is a freeze on all overtime for cleaners currently. There is actually a cleaners exam but the last time it was given was in 2000, I believe. That actual list is still current. I don't believe they will be giving that exam anymore. Many cleaners are now promoted from traffic checkers title. The welfare program is called the "WEP Program". I don't know the exact specifications of how this works, but basically they take people off welfare to work as a cleaner.

I think they will need cleaners if they expand the pilot program to every line . But they don't have the money to do that nor will they get anything close to what they need. There is a freeze on all overtime for cleaners currently. There is actually a cleaners exam but the last time it was given was in 2000, I believe. That actual list is still current. I don't believe they will be giving that exam anymore. Many cleaners are now promoted from traffic checkers title. The welfare program is called the "WEP Program". I don't know the exact specifications of how this works, but basically they take people off welfare to work as a cleaner.

WEP cleaners are not paid and are usually offered jobs as cleaners it depends tho on Transit. I have talked to someone who was once a WEP cleaner and he was one for over a year and they never hired him to any permanent paid position.

WEP cleaners are not paid and are usually offered jobs as cleaners it depends tho on Transit. I have talked to someone who was once a WEP cleaner and he was one for over a year and they never hired him to any permanent paid position.
Are those the people with the yellow vests with no text or logo on them?

i heard they need lots of cleaners does anyone know is there a test for this if so anyone know when i heard you can get in through welfare to work and after 6 months you are in is this true
Hate to say it but the Wep(welfare workers) get FIRST dibs on the job! You work in Wep and come in everyday and do a GOOD job,you WILL get hired.Transit gets a NICE amount of money from the government for each person they hire from wep.Transit is also giving the traffic checkers the job.

• 4 years later...

I can gladlty attest to meeting & knowing quite a few who hung in & went from WEP worker/cleaner to full time. In Transit & also in DCAS

Hate to say it but the Wep(welfare workers) get FIRST dibs on the job! You work in Wep and come in everyday and do a GOOD job,you WILL get hired.Transit gets a NICE amount of money from the government for each person they hire from wep.Transit is also giving the traffic checkers the job.

Why would you hate to say it tho? I'm at it 9 months almost, any who does get it after persevering earned it & proved they're worthy & able to do the job,no?

Not taking away the many who aren't in it for the job & are screw ups

WEP workers are indeed paid. They get paid &12/hr. if after 6 months they do a good job TA will hire them full time as non civil service labor class cleaners. This is TA's underhanded method of limiting the amount of civil service employees they have on payroll.

do they get the same bennies if there hired by TA if there not Civil Service?

Now that i'm not sure about. I know once they're hired labor class cleaners they get the same benefits, but less advancement opportunities. I think they can only promote to C/R or Station Supervisor. They can't promote into ATD or Tower Operator where as civil service employed cleaners can.

Archived