Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

To the people who were in classes before the May 30th class, what did you wear to your TWU Orientation? One of the presenters in the HR Orientation said you're expected to wear your uniform unless stated otherwise when answering a question but it was a mixed class of different workers and track workers don't have uniform so what do we wear? Just the 6lb boots and something business casual? Is that our uniform?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, onetime said:

To the people who were in classes before the May 30th class, what did you wear to your TWU Orientation? One of the presenters in the HR Orientation said you're expected to wear your uniform unless stated otherwise when answering a question but it was a mixed class of different workers and track workers don't have uniform so what do we wear? Just the 6lb boots and something business casual? Is that our uniform?

Just wear regular clothes, boots are a must.

Also I wanna ask about the next steps of the hiring process after the urine test. This visit wasn’t long it took about 2 hours so the next step must be where everyone complains that they were there all day long right? Going in I was expecting to be there all day but I was in and out surprisingly

Edited by Knorwood

1 hour ago, dman1455 said:

Just wear regular clothes, boots are a must.

Will do thanks, how long did you spend in there?

48 minutes ago, Knorwood said:

Also I wanna ask about the next steps of the hiring process after the urine test. This visit wasn’t long it took about 2 hours so the next step must be where everyone complains that they were there all day long right? Going in I was expecting to be there all day but I was in and out surprisingly

I was in and out of PE in about 4 hours tops. The medical will go by fast because there's a max of 20 people at a time waiting for their examination and there's like 3-4 doctors at any given time. It's the final processing that's going to make you go insane. Everything is slow. 2 hours to get there, 1 hour 30 minutes for medical (including wait time, examination, and doctor interview), 7 hours 30 minutes for final processing, and 2 hours to get back home. If you have a 7AM appointment get there for exactly 6:30AM. That's when they open the doors and let everyone up so you could get a 30 minute head start. That's what I did and that's probably I got through medical as quick as I did.

Edited by onetime

33 minutes ago, Knorwood said:

Wow so for the final process is it the same address as PE? 

You'll go up to Window 3 and say you're there for medical and they'll ask for your documents and have you fill out a form. Once you fill out the form they'll send you the back of the room (same room as PE) where there's a different waiting area and different employees behind a different window which is just for people doing medical and you'll have to fill out multiple online questionnaires and fill out some more paper work and then a doctor will call you in a room to do all the test and then you'll go back to the medical waiting area. Then the main doctor will call you in a different room and will go over your test and will either Qualify or Not Qualify you medically. If you Qualify he'll give you a slip and will tell you to bring in to the main window (PE Window; Window 3) for processing, and that's when your 8 hour wait begins.

Edited by onetime

4 minutes ago, onetime said:

Does anybody before May 30th class know if we have to bring anything to the TWU Orientation? Like any documents or anything at all?

Im wondering this also, and how long the TWU orientation is going to be,

4 hours ago, Knorwood said:

Just went in for the pre employment today. For anyone who’s wondering they are in the 22**s

2200's ? damn i am in the 2400 bracket that means i have another 6 month to 1 yr before i even get a call. thats  if i do.

2 hours ago, King said:
2 hours ago, onetime said:

Does anybody before May 30th class know if we have to bring anything to the TWU Orientation? Like any documents or anything at all?

Im wondering this also, and how long the TWU orientation is going to be,

I came here to ask these questions as well. I haven't seen anybody mention it here before it either. Only thing I know about it is that you'll be given a lot of paperwork to go over. Other than that I don't know. Somebody in has to know more.

Edited by Movefromm3

26 minutes ago, Movefromm3 said:

I came here to ask these questions as well. I haven't seen anybody mention it here before it either. Only thing I know about it is that you'll be given a lot of paperwork to go over. Other than that I don't know. Somebody in has to know more.

You don’t have to bring anything. The will give you a bunch of paperwork and have a lot of different people speak to you guys. That’s about it. Just know your pass and BSC. 

2 hours ago, RoyalJD said:

When I type my name in..it comes up 3 times. Under the Certification Sequence Number....am I going off the last number (which is in the 2200's)  they said I am or is my number the original first number?

Also make sure you check your email real good for the invitation for pre employment and your text messages as well cause I almost didn’t see my invitation

4 hours ago, Knorwood said:

You can email them at this email Employmentcenter@nyct.com, I believe you just state your name and the exam your inquiring about along with your situation and they should get back to you in like 2 days. That’s how I first did it 

Thank you very much. I just sent out the email. Definitely appreciate that. Does anyone have any knowledge on what is the Certification Sequence Number when you search your name online regarding this position?

13 hours ago, kinks007 said:

What is the starting salary ? And when do you guys think they’ll reach the 2700s ?

$25. End of the year into 2023.

24 minutes ago, DonPreme said:

I’m listed in the 300s and I just got my invite for preemployment on the 31st of may

You should figure out why that is. With that number you should've been working since 2021.