Track Worker 8600 Hiring Process

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.0146181ce93fa58744dcf143f3d1d7aa.png

Track Worker, Exam No. 8600

List Status:  This list has been established as of January 8, 2020.

Pay: Starts at $24.77 and increases to

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (3400's) - For Medical: (3500's)

Next Training Class:

Resources: 2016 Track Participants Safety Guide

Track Worker 3600 Hiring Process Topic

(Updated 4/18/2023)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/31/2022 at 5:30 PM, Knorwood said:

Just went in for the pre employment today. For anyone who’s wondering they are in the 22**s

2200's ? damn i am in the 2400 bracket that means i have another 6 month to 1 yr before i even get a call. thats  if i do.

On 5/31/2022 at 7:57 PM, onetime said:

I didn't get any uniform. 

No unionforms in track. You will get to order your boots and you will get your PPE ( hard hat , vest. Etc. ) during school before you get to go on the tracks. 

The MTA Portal where you have to complete all those safety courses is complete garbage. It buffers towards the end and when you refresh the page after it doesn’t load for 20mins it’ll bring you back to the beginning where you have to start all over again wasting 40mins. I have 3 courses left and I started at 7AM. I guess when 3 people use the site at the same time it overloads the server…

12 minutes ago, Knorwood said:

So if you did the urine test already does that mean your in the June class? Or is it possible we could be waiting until oct 

Depends, if they fill the class before they reach your list number you may have to wait till the next scheduled class.

1 hour ago, DonKingnoso said:

i got an email showing all the paper work and questionnaires i have to fill out. the questionnaire page is trash it doesn't do anything after i try to submit my answers. also i the email it says if the medical goes well tomorrow ill be in the June 13th class.

do you mind if i ask which number range your listing number falls under? i am just trying to get sense of where they're on the list? i am in the 2400's

Question: my list number is in the 700s and was placed on medical hold. Cleared the hold and was restored to the list back in March however I haven't been called in the complete the process. Is there a number I should call to find out what's going on or does this mean they've exhausted the list already?

On 6/16/2022 at 7:45 PM, dman1455 said:

One more class scheduled and then they're taking a break until after the summer at the least.

That actually changed, i asked the other day. The current ojt class is in their second week and the next class is set and now there will be more classes after that,spoken from the instructors own mouth. Patience everyone 

20 minutes ago, W0rkBum said:

That actually changed, i asked the other day. The current ojt class is in their second week and the next class is set and now there will be more classes after that,spoken from the instructors own mouth. Patience everyone 

Do you know what list number they are on?