NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know that if the time you're out on IOD Workers' Comp count as service time on the job?  I was out of work on two separate IOD Workers' Comp totalling  1.5 years - Does that time still count as service time?  I was employed in 2017 so I would be employed (service time?) for close to over 4 years, but if they don't count that IOD time off, then I won't quailify for the 3 years service time?   Please advise?

For the needed 3 years service to qualify, does being out on IOD Workers' Comp time off still count towards the service time?  I am employed for over 4 years, but I was out on IOD Worker's Comp for 1.5 years, would I still quality for 4 years of service?  Or, will they not count the WC time off?  Also, if they reclassify your positon to a cleaner due to the IOD, can  you still be promoted to a SLD?  

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 10:27 PM, TEO said:

For the needed 3 years service to qualify, does being out on IOD Workers' Comp time off still count towards the service time?  I am employed for over 4 years, but I was out on IOD Worker's Comp for 1.5 years, would I still quality for 4 years of service?  Or, will they not count the WC time off?  Also, if they reclassify your positon to a cleaner due to the IOD, can  you still be promoted to a SLD?  

Comp definitely counts as good time so you have no worries there. As for the cleaner position that I cant tell you but my personal opinion I think your title has to be b/o I dont see how they can  promote someone from cleaner to disp.

On 4/7/2022 at 10:53 AM, bronxbomber2 said:

Does anyone know the hourly pay scale for dispatchers starting and do u reach increments after every year until year 5? I know it’s not salary but hourly. 

Currently at 36.784990 per hour. Haven't seen the pay structure yet. Will keep posted.

On 4/7/2022 at 10:53 AM, bronxbomber2 said:

Does anyone know the hourly pay scale for dispatchers starting and do u reach increments after every year until year 5? I know it’s not salary but hourly. 

This is for Queens:

Year 1 $36.78

year 2 $37.52

year 3 $38.27

year 4 $39.36

year 5 39.81

completion of year 5 $45.98

25 minutes ago, moejski said:

This is for Queens:

Year 1 $36.78

year 2 $37.52

year 3 $38.27

year 4 $39.36

year 5 39.81

completion of year 5 $45.98

Do you guys get night differential and all that good stuff? 

Also, why did you single out Queens? I thought as a TA dispatcher Queens/BK/SI is the same

All the dispatchers are without a contract right now. The TSO represented SLDs (OA and Queens) just settled their contract ending 2020. (This is the contract that they were behind on)

11 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

Also, why did you single out Queens? I thought as a TA dispatcher Queens/BK/SI is the same

Yes to the night diff. The SLDs like operators are represented by different unions. The SSSA rep Brooklyn and SI and the TSO has everyone else. 

12 hours ago, KDGallagher said:

I singled out Queens cuz thats what I was given as a queens divison dispatcher. Someone told me that Brooklyn gets $1 more an hour than queens, honestly I dont know if thats true or not but I dont want to give anyone wrong info but as u can see its really 6 years to top pay 🥺

9 hours ago, bronxbomber2 said:

No I think that’s MTA bus.. they still a contract behind. Bus operators are at 36.78 now in ta/oa. I think dispatchers under ta/oa are making more

On 5/16/22 local 100 b/o will get raise up to $37.42 and i wil be a probie sld making $36.78 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Drivingincircles said:

Anybody get sent down to the mac in prep for next class? When do you usually get the formal paperwork stating you got the job?

You get a notification (got a call) from the union rep at the depot and dispatcher told me as well.

Then you go to downtown Livingston and pee and sign paperwork Similar to the one when you applied for the BO job, just transferring to a new position.  Then wait for further instructions when to report to zerega. Urine test is good for 30 days so when you go that's when the class are schedule yo begin.

On 4/20/2022 at 2:14 PM, isaelperez81 said:

You get a notification (got a call) from the union rep at the depot and dispatcher told me as well.

Then you go to downtown Livingston and pee and sign paperwork Similar to the one when you applied for the BO job, just transferring to a new position.  Then wait for further instructions when to report to zerega. Urine test is good for 30 days so when you go that's when the class are schedule yo begin.

Heads up: files are being pulled for next class