NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

3 minutes ago, Moskione79er said:

There’s literally 209 people on this list. This list was established on 10/14/20. Why are they taking so long to get through such a short list? It took em nearly a year and a half to get to 100. 

It wasn’t a year and half.. first class was April last year.. and they reached 100 for March 13th 2022 class.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Moskione79er said:

There’s literally 209 people on this list. This list was established on 10/14/20. Why are they taking so long to get through such a short list? It took em nearly a year and a half to get to 100. 

The first class didn't go in till mid April 2021. So for 6 months no classes. I don't think they were hiring anyone at all prior to April because of Covid. Since April 2021 ...the first class .. they have had steady classes one after another. So since they actually started hiring they breezed through half the list 100 people in a year. I think that's  pretty fast. Granted it should have been years ago because they never should have extended the old list a second time.  

9 minutes ago, Justknowitsme said:

It wasn’t a year and half.. first class was April last year.. and they reached 100 for March 13th 2022 class.

O ok my bad. One year and a month. Still it got established in 2020 we took the exam in 2018 and then corona hit. We should’ve all been called all the way back 2019/2020.  

3 minutes ago, SPR688 said:

The first class didn't go in till mid April 2021. So for 6 months no classes. I don't think they were hiring anyone at all prior to April because of Covid. Since April 2021 ...the first class .. they have had steady classes one after another. So since they actually started hiring they breezed through half the list 100 people in a year. I think that's  pretty fast. Granted it should have been years ago because they never should have extended the old list a second time.  

We all should’ve been called way back in 2019/2020 and not 4 years later after taking the actual exam in 2018. It’s just ridiculous the way they run things. I also noticed that they’re calling people every other month. So give or take when will they call everyone on this list by end of summer or end of year? Suggestions anyone???

3 minutes ago, Moskione79er said:

We all should’ve been called way back in 2019/2020 and not 4 years later after taking the actual exam in 2018. It’s just ridiculous the way they run things. I also noticed that they’re calling people every other month. So give or take when will they call everyone on this list by end of summer or end of year? Suggestions anyone???

Extending the old list ... going all the way up to 300 and Covid screwed us.

Transit typically hires quarterly. So roughly every 4 months 

It's hard to say at what rate they will get to the rest of list without knowing how many people on the list aren't eligible or will turn it down and how many people that they have skipped because they weren't eligible at the time their name was called but will be before the list expires. They will come back to those skipped if they become eligible. 

58 minutes ago, SPR688 said:

It's hard to say at what rate they will get to the rest of list without knowing how many people on the list aren't eligible or will turn it down and how many people that they have skipped because they weren't eligible at the time their name was called but will be before the list expires. They will come back to those skipped if they become eligible. 

I think They will get through the list.. the new test didn’t even come out and that takes time too

8 hours ago, Drivingincircles said:

Just got a ride from a Superintendent (not a dispatcher) today. Was wondering if this is normal to happen before you get called? Or  was it just random. He asked for my pass before I made the relief so he was definitely looking for me. I’m hoping to make this next class. 

Same thing happened to me. The superintendent said my last name right when he came on. I was thinking is this wat happens right before you get the call

8 hours ago, Boom216 said:

Same thing happened to me. The superintendent said my last name right when he came on. I was thinking is this wat happens right before you get the call

Was it a undercover ride? Or did he tell you he was giving you a ride?

16 hours ago, Drivingincircles said:

Just got a ride from a Superintendent (not a dispatcher) today. Was wondering if this is normal to happen before you get called? Or  was it just random. He asked for my pass before I made the relief so he was definitely looking for me. I’m hoping to make this next class. 

Was it undercover ? 

1 hour ago, Jsmush said:

Was it a undercover ride? Or did he tell you he was giving you a ride?

He didn’t say anything but my last name when he got on. Then when he got off the stop b4 my last stop he said full compliance and got off. But I notice he was still there when i did my trip back so i was thinking he definitely only came to ride my bus

I think it was supposed to be an undercover ride because he swiped a regular metro card. He stuck out and I kinda noticed him. (He was talking to another operator while I was walking over to make the relief also) He asked me my pass before I got on the bus and said. “Good. You’re the guy I’m looking for. I’m going to give you a ride. Just do what you do”. Had no leader so buss was kind of packed. He got off after about 20 min. 

13 hours ago, Justknowitsme said:

Do the whole class go to Livingston the same day? Or is it spread out during the week?

Congrats to yall 14 names away for me hopefully there will be another class before July but congrats to yall and good luck it's been a long wait for us all !!

3 hours ago, Justknowitsme said:

Did everyone get notice from their depot on what time to be at Zerega Sunday ?

Had to call the general and ask. They forwarded  me an email by the afternoon also. We all report at 7am on Sunday. Last list number in this class looks like 114. Guess we will see the official number soon 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 11:19 PM, bkborn said:

Anyone hear of any projected dates for a future exam?

TA Surface exam 3709

Dispatcher (Surface Transportation)

Application period 12/1/2022 – 01/15/2023

MABSTOA Exam 3200

Dispatcher (OA)

Application period 8/1/2022 – 9/15/2022

https://new.mta.info/careers/exam-schedule

Edited by moejski