NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/24/2023 at 10:42 AM, dterr said:

If it’s 15 TA then It will go up to 176 because last one to get called was 161

I was thinking… Maybe they went back on the list and grabbed a few that did not qualify initially. 🤷🏽 Thats what happened with the last class. They grabbed 5 operators who they skipped over and then went back and grabbed them when they were qualified. 

3 hours ago, Mister219 said:

I was thinking… Maybe they went back on the list and grabbed a few that did not qualify initially. 🤷🏽 Thats what happened with the last class. They grabbed 5 operators who they skipped over and then went back and grabbed them when they were qualified. 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing , hopefully this week we shall see how many get called

2 hours ago, Www said:

Anything about OA list?

Nah but I don't think they will be calling OA this class. Word on the streets is that they are over packed. Dispatchers sitting around on the extra list doing nothing just waiting for work. Maybe the next class they will call. Hopefully there is one in July.

On 3/23/2023 at 9:39 PM, Express Bus Operator said:

Read all the Bulletins, Directives, Rules & Regulations Dept of Buses "The Rule Book" - ((Ask your depot GS Support for that book)), 19A rules, and Code of Conduct,  Ask a Post Dispatchers questions about tricks and tips on road operations. 

The math part is a hit or miss, So far both SLD exams had no math. If there is one, learn recaps.

The last two recent exams were into two sections. "Job abilities, and General Knowledge" 

Good luck. 

IS there a website we can study on like for the Recaps and other stuff?

On 3/18/2023 at 3:18 AM, train1290 said:

Could you also send me some of the study guides too? I am also taking the dispatchers exam in April.

Join a fb group called TA and Mabstoa United. They have a huge study guide I been using. It’s like 1000 pages and have all the bulletins and directives and a few practice tests. 

Need help finding it just shot me a message

2 hours ago, Didar said:

People those who did medical today 4/14, any notification received from depot in regards to the class. 

Good afternoon, I did medical today and was told by the Depot the class starts Monday 7 am. I don't know what list # they are up to but I'll be sure to update on Monday!

3 hours ago, Didar said:

People those who did medical today 4/14, any notification received from depot in regards to the class. 

Thats crazy. I am 168 and heard nothing back yet. I was told they pulled my file and that everything was good and was gonna be signed off on. GSA was on vacay this week. 

1 hour ago, Www said:

Question: I’m on OA Sld and I was told I was reinstated march 2023, none I had found out my exam 7200 had expired 2/7/23. How can I find out if I’m reinstated and if still have a chance of getting called for Sld?

Once you get passed over you have to wait your time to qualify again. That means whatever held you back you have to fix before  being eligible again. Once eligible you have to write a letter to the powers that be to get back on the list. But if the list is expired then so might your opportunity. At least thats the way I understand it be. Contact your GS Administrator. They are the ones who pulls the files and sign off on your promotion along with the AGM & GM of the depot. Good luck.