NYCT Dispatcher Exam 8702 - Surface Transportation (Buses)

astogezz
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.38450e119efdeb53bf6357d3fbeaa98c.png

Promotion to Dispatcher (Surface Transportation) Exam No. 8702

List Status:  This list has been established as of October 14, 2020. All candidates on this list have at the very least, have had their record reviewed. Inquire with depot management about placement in an upcoming class, if you have not been called. This list is still scheduled to expire in October 2024.

Starting Pay: $106,000 per annum for a 40-hour work week

Highest List Number Called: For Promotion (208)

Next Training Class: ---

Resources: Eligibility List

Base requirements to be promoted:

• 3 years of service as a TA Bus operator (Time as an OA or MTA Bus operator does not count)
  • Favorable time and attendance record
  • No major violations or accidents or pending outcomes of either.

The same rules for civil service exams apply for this promotional exam as well.

(Updated March 27, 2024)

11 hours ago, Www said:

I’m on the OA list still waiting for a Livingston call this week.  Any on-site on how many people went in for 6/6 Livingston?

On 6/6 there was only 3 ta drivers there. Heard there were others on 6/5. Not sure who, what #, oa or ta

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Www said:

How did it go? Any oa guys?

All good. Paperwork and a urine test. Was done by 11am. More waiting on line with the new hires than anything. I didn't see any oa operators. Just me and 2 other ta operators. Also heard people went 6/5. Not sure who or list #

On 6/7/2023 at 9:26 AM, TEO said:

They skipping me, not counting my comp time out as driving time, let’s see if I can appeal.  Always thought comp time was good time, especially when it’s non disciplinary service related

Comp is not considered bad time, talk to your GSS to see if they know if there was any  other reason you were skipped. If they cant figure it out have them or your union call the CTO office. They give the final approval and would know y u were skipped.

How many ta are in this class

On 6/7/2023 at 9:52 PM, AntD said:

All good. Paperwork and a urine test. Was done by 11am. More waiting on line with the new hires than anything. I didn't see any oa operators. Just me and 2 other ta operators. Also heard people went 6/5. Not sure who or list #

1 hour ago, Www said:

Can someone find out the two OA list number?  Appreciated👍

No oa operators in this class. There's 6 ta. #180 was the last list number, but they skipped 3 people. And only 2 from mta bus. We started 6/12

8 minutes ago, AntD said:

No oa operators in this class. There's 6 ta. #180 was the last list number, but they skipped 3 people. And only 2 from mta bus. We started 6/12

Thank you for keeping us in the know! 😀

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 5:26 AM, Gangsty said:

Good morning Guys!!!

Any updates? Next class? Lists numbers to be called?

I keep hearing different things , maybe two classes this year and then I heard one more class this year lol, so who knows once they start pulling files we would know 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 2:51 PM, TEO said:

I heard that they are discontinuing this list prematurely and will start the new test class list in 2/2024.  Anyone hear the same? 

At this point no one knows , I heard something like that but I don’t think it’s true , idk why would they discontinue the list with only like 24 more people to go, makes no sense 

7 hours ago, LeonKennedy said:

He said he heard it would discontinue in 2/2024… 6 months from now so maybe they will be able to get through the last 24 names, but probably wont go back to the start for a 2nd run through

All depends how many classes they will do from here til 2024 , because last few classes it’s only be like 6-8 that have been called , last class it was only 6 from this list , unless they do two big classes and finish the list but who knows , everyone has heard different things 

What I heard is that they are going to expire the list for exam 8702 and won’t go past #180, heard they only need 5 more til the rest of 2023 and might call back the ones they passed over.  The latest exam will be established and might be calling them in 2/2024.  Seems like they can legally expire the list after one year, so that the rest on the list can’t make any legal claims.  Hope it ain’t true!

Doubt it . Lots of dispatchers retiring in the coming months they’re going to squeeze every one they can out of the list before they move on . Who knows what kind of problems could come that would delay the new list and then they would be severely short . 

1 hour ago, TEO said:

What I heard is that they are going to expire the list for exam 8702 and won’t go past #180, heard they only need 5 more til the rest of 2023 and might call back the ones they passed over.  The latest exam will be established and might be calling them in 2/2024.  Seems like they can legally expire the list after one year, so that the rest on the list can’t make any legal claims.  Hope it ain’t true!

I think they will call everyone from this list , this list don’t expire til October 14 ,2024 , and from what I heard from one the bosses they really short and a lot of dispatchers are retiring