Long island bus getting new buses anytime soon?

BJC

• 4 months later...
long island bus is going to be taken over by MTA Bus????

i hope the people in long island are smart enough to stop this or else they will suffer the same fate of the riders of the former Private bus lines

First, get to know how Long Island Bus service can be. It can be extremely bad sometimes and many ppl are fed up with it.

And actually, with MTA Bus taking over some of the privates, many lines needed the help and for some privates, the MTA stepped in at the right moment.

First, get to know how Long Island Bus service can be. It can be extremely bad sometimes and many ppl are fed up with it.

And actually, with MTA Bus taking over some of the privates, many lines needed the help and for some privates, the MTA stepped in at the right moment.

well MTA Bus is not doing a good job on the Q38 then because back then when triboro had it, the Q38 was consistent and came on time, but now with the MTA taking over the bus, the last time i took it it LITERALLY (i timed it!) took 1 hour and 6 minutes to come at Metropolitan! (and also that was the last time i ever took the Q38). so that's why i like triboro better than MTA Bus, at least the triboro buses came on time, and also there used to be lots of nice awesome Orion 5's on the Q38, now all you see is those terrible RTS

all the MTA cares about is manhattan, manhattan, manhattan, and also they care alot about brooklyn too. look at the buses in manhattan and brooklyn they come like once every 5 minutes, while poor queens here gets 1 hour headways

well MTA Bus is not doing a good job on the Q38 then because back then when triboro had it, the Q38 was consistent and came on time, but now with the MTA taking over the bus, the last time i took it it LITERALLY (i timed it!) took 1 hour and 6 minutes to come at Metropolitan! (and also that was the last time i ever took the Q38). so that's why i like triboro better than MTA Bus, at least the triboro buses came on time, and also there used to be lots of nice awesome Orion 5's on the Q38, now all you see is those terrible RTS

all the MTA cares about is manhattan, manhattan, manhattan, and also they care alot about brooklyn too. look at the buses in manhattan and brooklyn they come like once every 5 minutes, while poor queens here gets 1 hour headways

Tri-Boros buses were crap. Everyone knows it. They sent out buses, that would lean to the left, while some would lean to the right, and that's while going straight. Multicolored panels on the outside, shoddy appearance jobs. I've sat across the street from their depot, while killing time waiting to pick up groups from LGA airport, and seen that crap they called buses. That's why most of their buses went bye-bye for good. To raggedy to even rehab. Their service on this one line might of been better, but overall, who was/is better with all the lines? Besides something might of happened down the line, that you couldn't see, that might of delayed the buses. It does happen, and maybe it did on the day you decided to take the bus. How was the service when the MTA took it over before this incident? Is the 1hr 6 min consistent? Even is every 30 min is consistent (unless that is the schedule headways), then you have a valid point. MTA will run buses, on schedules that are efficient, for both them and the customers. They aren't going to run buses every 6 seconds that are going to be empty, or half full. That becomes a waste for all. That's how transit works.

The reason you have no more Orion V's on triboro lines is because those buses had soft seats and are now used as express buses. Those buses were also CNG models and Laguardia can no longer handle CNG buses because the fueling station for them went on fire. I also don't see what is so bad about the RTS.

you know what they should do? they should make MTA Bus a part of MTA New York City bus, since for some strange reason MTA New York City Bus is way better than MTA Bus

Sooner or later, MTA Bus will swallow up MTA New York City Transit or it'll be the other way around. They're both almost the same, just that MTA Bus was created to make things easier for MTA NYCT.

But first, LIB is first on the list for MTA Bus and then Bee-Line Bus could be next.

Honestly; I don't see Bee-Line going anywhere. What MTA Bus should do is take over Suffolk Transit after they takeover LIB. Putnam County needs a real transit system as well.

All Westchester does is talk about the cost of operating the bus service. It's so expensive, we need more state aid, etc....I think if (MTA) wants them, the county would say "take my system, PLEASE!"

All Westchester does is talk about the cost of operating the bus service. It's so expensive, we need more state aid, etc....I think if (MTA) wants them, the county would say "take my system, PLEASE!"

It would be far more economically efficient for the MTA to operate the Westchester buses. They're already running in the Bronx, and Westchester County (whose economy isn't as powerful as New York City's) is already complaining about the cost. The MTA, most likely, would increase bus service, and mass transit options in Westchester are already rather few (especially in the late nights), so residents of the southern part of the county (Yonkers, Mount Vernon, Pelham, New Rochelle) who don't own a car would greatly appreciate it.

It would be far more economically efficient for the MTA to operate the Westchester buses. They're already running in the Bronx, and Westchester County (whose economy isn't as powerful as New York City's) is already complaining about the cost. The MTA, most likely, would increase bus service, and mass transit options in Westchester are already rather few (especially in the late nights), so residents of the southern part of the county (Yonkers, Mount Vernon, Pelham, New Rochelle) who don't own a car would greatly appreciate it.

Few routes would get increases. The 1, 2, 4, 20, 25, 42, and 55 would most likely get it. The 1, 2, 20, 25, and 42 should get 24hr service. The 4, and 55 should run later. They run in the Bx S/B as drop off only, and N/B as pickup only. It's just to give a 1 seat ride to the subway. The 60 and 61 are the exceptions, but that's only for a few stops on Boston Rd, where there is no other bus service. Westchester relies on the fares, property taxes, and whatever the state gives them, to run the service.

Sooner or later, MTA Bus will swallow up MTA New York City Transit or it'll be the other way around. They're both almost the same, just that MTA Bus was created to make things easier for MTA NYCT.

But first, LIB is first on the list for MTA Bus and then Bee-Line Bus could be next.

i would like MTA New York City Transit to swallow MTA Bus, but if its the other way around...

let's just say nobody will be happy with the results.

i would like MTA New York City Transit to swallow MTA Bus, but if its the other way around...

let's just say nobody will be happy with the results.

Everyone will be happy with the results. Take it from me little bro, we are the same agency, just separate by name for legal and financial reasons. If MTA Bus absorbs NYCTA, all will be under one roof, less staff would be needed. All would get better service, as there would be no more separate divisions, and who would get X amount of service, money, and buses, over the other. We would be truly one and equal.

Everyone will be happy with the results. Take it from me little bro, we are the same agency, just separate by name for legal and financial reasons. If MTA Bus absorbs NYCTA, all will be under one roof, less staff would be needed. All would get better service, as there would be no more separate divisions, and who would get X amount of service, money, and buses, over the other. We would be truly one and equal.

Dammit, you got to it before I did.

But your absolutely right. I would've said the same thing.

Thanks for saving me a little time. ;)

Archived