Privates and More, Part 1

1 hour ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Only the 9A and variants are available at GWB. That route does well, so it wasn't eliminated (unlike the 11C, 14K, and 84).

Saddle River is still not a transfer option on the NYC Subway Maps at the GWB Bus Terminal

1 hour ago, 46Dover said:

Saddle River is still not a transfer option on the NYC Subway Maps at the GWB Bus Terminal

Most longtime riders already know where the bus goes to, so I guess it isn't so bad. However, people who are not regulars will likely not have any idea that the bus exists. 

Sidenote: Those Saddle River buses are non-existent on the weekends. I've seen no-shows on weekend buses. Given how few buses run on Saturdays, that is not a good thing. Saddle River needs to get its act together with those weekend runs. The weekday runs are on-time for the most part, on the other hand. SMH at how the Saddle River runs the existing 11C overall though, there is missed potential by only running it out of GWB.

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Saddle River?

Since when do they operate fixed route  commuter services? Boy, seems like all these charter companies want their hands in the pot in this part of the industry.....

They took over the 11C and the 20/84 four years ago this month.

11 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Most longtime riders already know where the bus goes to, so I guess it isn't so bad. However, people who are not regulars will likely not have any idea that the bus exists. 

Sidenote: Those Saddle River buses are non-existent on the weekends. I've seen no-shows on weekend buses. Given how few buses run on Saturdays, that is not a good thing. Saddle River needs to get its act together with those weekend runs. The weekday runs are on-time for the most part, on the other hand. SMH at how the Saddle River runs the existing 11C overall though, there is missed potential by only running it out of GWB.

It’s gonna be hard for longtime charter drivers to adjust to commuter work.  Just think, in addition to the GWB lines, they now have the Bergen County “B” lines once operated by Community Coach on top of the 2 lines from Carefree (55, and 56 I think) from New York to Bloomfield.   

4 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Saddle River?

Since when do they operate fixed route  commuter services? Boy, seems like all these charter companies want their hands in the pot in this part of the industry.....

Around the time the Super Bowl was in town, SR announced a push for those lines abandoned by Rockland Coaches (the 11C and 20/84 as Q101 mentioned).  Their primary business beforehand was Atlantic City line runs in addition to the Charters.  I drove for them for a while and one of the reasons I left was the downfall of AC which came to fruition a year after I left for Lakeland (2012 ish).  Saddle River sliced up a lot of their Atlantic City lines and had to adjust fire (if you will), hence their plan to get into Commuter work

21 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Wow... I used to take the 11C on Saturday’s at 7:20 AM to Nanuet Mall with my mother. Times have changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great pics!   Agreed, the 11C weekend service is virtually non-existent with only 2-4 runs at times so inconvenient, it is a useless service.  Not sure anyone is there to take it if the buses happen to show up. 

Some background on SRT taking over the 11C and 20/84 and pics posted here:

http://njbus.blogspot.com/2014/04/saddle-river-tours-taking-over-11c-and.html

They essentially took over the lines as part of their effort to get the Bergen County Local bus contract which as mentioned above, they recently secured.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived