Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

Good luck to all of those that were at Zerega today! Please do not forget to keep us updated! (And yes, I do check the various Employment Topics as an anonymous guest more often than logging in, respectively.)

On 9/20/2022 at 6:37 PM, HeadhunterCali said:

I was told on Thursday that there is a hiring freeze again...

So if this is the case, then, according to the first page of this PDF document, why did the agency administer five [5] Civil Service Examinations for this title within a six-month period, when our Commercial Learners Permits (CLPs) are good for one [1] calendar year, before we have to take the examinations over again at the Department of Motor Vehicles?

Interesting...

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Richi3stayfly said:

Oh ok I see wat you saying 

Yea i even read/seen something on the news about Bus Operators. That MTA planned on having pre pandemic level Bus Operators hired by end of Summer. So that could explain the hiring freeze and why the exams were also canceled for now. It's just a waiting... we go back to living our daily lives till that fateful "final processing" email hits our inbox lol till then keep your license in good standing. I've already had a stupid fender bender accident that apparently is my fault according to my and his insurance smdh. My first at fault accident since i started driving in 2007. I was pissed!

10 hours ago, chrisarmand69 said:

Anyone knows what number to call to get list number status for 2611 Exam? My list is 3xx trying to find out where i stand. Thanks in advance.

Morning,

That's the thread for exam 2611 and you'll see what had transpired in the last few weeks. The email I use to contact transit is employmentcenter@nyct.com the phone number,from my experience, never gets answered. 

15 hours ago, Richi3stayfly said:

Spoke to somebody in HR they said if not the middle of November then the beginning of next year ! something about a budget cut that they tryna get resolved 

Interesting...

12 hours ago, chrisarmand69 said:

Anyone knows what number to call to get list number status for 2611 Exam? My list is 3xx trying to find out where i stand. Thanks in advance.

(212) 669 1357. Select option "2," enter your nine digit Social Security Number and follow the prompts.

If you need to speak to someone, I would strongly recommend to call this number at either 9:00 or 9:05 AM, press "0" and ask for the List, Management and Audit unit. If you try calling after this time, you might be on hold for an hour or two waiting to speak to someone, depending on how "lucky" you are.

Good luck!!

44 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Interesting...

(212) 669 1357. Select option "2," enter your nine digit Social Security Number and follow the prompts.

If you need to speak to someone, I would strongly recommend to call this number at either 9:00 or 9:05 AM, press "0" and ask for the List, Management and Audit unit. If you try calling after this time, you might be on hold for an hour or two waiting to speak to someone, depending on how "lucky" you are.

Good luck!!

Thanks. I actually just called and surprisingly got to speak to someone in less than 10 minutes. I was told that they are still pulling from test 9618 and hasn't hired anyone from 2611 yet.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Boo Bear said:

Anyone hear about hiring again in November?    I heard from reliable sources ..Next class in November 20th….  

You may be right. The Lady i just spoke to today said that they're gonna start calling again starting n3xt week and that St Jean is out on leave for the time being. So I'm pretty sure someone else will be temporary taking over calling us... 

2 hours ago, Ronn said:

Received a call today to come in this Sunday for another drug test. Looks like they are getting ready for a November class

They do pre-employment drug (urine) testing on a Sunday? Interesting...

Good luck!!