Anyone got busted by police "violating subway rules"?

MTR Admiralty

In May, I got busted on the SB (6) train around 1645 hours btwn 14-usq nd astor by the pigs.

wlked thru da cars, didnt realise da nxt car was smellin like bacon.

so i wlked thru... nd the porkers were like: "WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!" nd im like "oh crap". they asked me y i was doing it, nd im like, i need 2 get 2 da first car (xferring at bleecker 4 da IRT). so they left me alone.

hair raising.

Ya I usally do it to lol, except one time last yr, when a cop stopped me, some bald DR dude, who stopped me, and HE was undercover, with 2 others, over at E Tremont, he must be an officer from 180th Street, seeing that be there loads of time

I had to pay a damn fine of $70:rolleyes: Oh well..

I do it sometimes tho, but not known zones, or areas where the population of passengers are greater like 14, mainly in the back of a car or sumin lol

I remember April of last year my friend and I got stopped by undercover cops for walking inb/w the (4) @ the Woodlawn station...now mind you the train was still in the station not moving. It was like 5 other ppl on the bench, we got lucky b/c someone was walking on the platform smoking a cigarette and the cop gave back our ID's and told us "its our lucky day"....boi I was so happy:D. Ever since then I don't walk inb/w subway cars

Ya I usally do it to lol, except one time last yr, when a cop stopped me, some bald DR dude, who stopped me, and HE was undercover, with 2 others, over at E Tremont, he must be an officer from 180th Street, seeing that be there loads of time

I had to pay a damn fine of $70:rolleyes: Oh well..

I do it sometimes tho, but not known zones, or areas where the population of passengers are greater like 14, mainly in the back of a car or sumin lol

i wlked thru an entire set on da (4) from kingsb 2 183rd? recently witout gettin busted. i got looks on.

any turnstile hoppers?

In May, I got busted on the SB (6) train around 1645 hours btwn 14-usq nd astor by the pigs.

wlked thru da cars, didnt realise da nxt car was smellin like bacon.

so i wlked thru... nd the porkers were like: "WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!" nd im like "oh crap". they asked me y i was doing it, nd im like, i need 2 get 2 da first car (xferring at bleecker 4 da IRT). so they left me alone.

hair raising.

More respect for the boys in blue. They are doing their jobs. Don't want their attention? Then don't break the law.

i wlked thru an entire set on da (4) from kingsb 2 183rd? recently witout gettin busted. i got looks on.

any turnstile hoppers?

Ive seen that a lot of times, i mean damn are some workers and agents are stupid, they see the hoppers and dont do crap.

I do admit I did it once in 2004, which I was stupid, over at 34th, luckly i didnt get caught and I never did it again..

But Now... the one thing I do sometimes, is when Student Metrocars are disallowed on holidays, I use it, and some cops are there and they dont do anything.. Even tho its illegal, but its fine, sometimes..

Ive seen that a lot of times, i mean damn are some workers and agents are stupid, they see the hoppers and dont do crap.

I do admit I did it once in 2004, which I was stupid, over at 34th, luckly i didnt get caught and I never did it again..

But Now... the one thing I do sometimes, is when Student Metrocars are disallowed on holidays, I use it, and some cops are there and they dont do anything.. Even tho its illegal, but its fine, sometimes..

i used to go under da stiles. (wen i was a kid)

da student cards work on most holidays. (dun attempt to use them on days where a wknd skedule is in effect. like xmas, thanksgiving etc...)

Station agents are NOT allowed to chase after fare evaders. I think I is so that there is not chance of an S/A getting beat up. Also, if you don't want to pay the fine, don't walk between cars. There reason you not allowed to walk between cars is not as obvious as one might think.

Station agents are NOT allowed to chase after fare evaders. I think I is so that there is not chance of an S/A getting beat up. Also, if you don't want to pay the fine, don't walk between cars. There reason you not allowed to walk between cars is not as obvious as one might think.

So what is the reason then?

So what is the reason then?

I've heard a couple of theories. One has to do with the idea that muggers roam the train that way. Also, and this one makes some sense, because people who get injured or die will sue the TA. Why they seem to focus on enforcing that particular rule so strictly, I don't know. IMO its not worth 70 bucks or w/e it is to pass through, so I rarely do it at this point unless I have a valid reason to tell police if I'm stopped. The initial poster shouldn't be calling them pigs considering they let him off easy.

More respect for the boys in blue. They are doing their jobs. Don't want their attention? Then don't break the law.

Good post. Asinine as this rule might be, everyone is warned. If you want to pass through, expect to pay if you get caught and don't cry about it.

I've heard a couple of theories. One has to do with the idea that muggers roam the train that way. Also, and this one makes some sense, because people who get injured or die will sue the TA. Why they seem to focus on enforcing that particular rule so strictly, I don't know. IMO its not worth 70 bucks or w/e it is to pass through, so I rarely do it at this point unless I have a valid reason to tell police if I'm stopped. The initial poster shouldn't be calling them pigs considering they let him off easy.

Good post. Asinine as this rule might be, everyone is warned. If you want to pass through, expect to pay if you get caught and don't cry about it.

yea... its all abt risk taking. u noe wat 2 expect.

u cud c da guys in uniform, but u cant c da popo in PC. but they c u tho.

gettin caught is a horrible way 2 spend 70 bucks.

Well you could always just stand by the door and pull it open and close... that is not a violation, and you piss off the cops if there is any. :(

LOL Heh. Yeah, but you'll get looks from people who wonder why you're letting in the noise. Occasionally I get on an R-46 with a blue guard light(s) on indicating unlocked storm-door and check it. Wouldn't step out though. That's one risk not worth taking getting stuck between those cars. Especially if you hear: City Hall, Rector St will be next, stand clear. ;)

LOL Heh. Yeah, but you'll get looks from people who wonder why you're letting in the noise. Occasionally I get on an R-46 with a blue guard light(s) on indicating unlocked storm-door and check it. Wouldn't step out though. That's one risk not worth taking getting stuck between those cars. Especially if you hear: City Hall, Rector St will be next, stand clear. ;)

Actually you wouldn't be stuck because the R44/46 have a little button you push on the right side of the door, that allows you to open the storm door from the outside so you can't get stuck. :(

Actually you wouldn't be stuck because the R44/46 have a little button you push on the right side of the door, that allows you to open the storm door from the outside so you can't get stuck. :(

Heh. Yeah I've seen that switch. Thought it was disabled during GOH, but maybe I'm thinking of a former interior one. Oh well forget it then. ;)

The theory I heard as to why you can't walk between cars deals with Home Land Security. Walking from car to car is one of the few times a terrorist has direct access to the roadbed, this is the same reason why they have alarms on most EEs.

Archived