Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 9624

NycHopeful718

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry that I haven’t been able to update you guys since my last post on Friday I wasn’t able to log in my email to reset my password for this site. But anyways on Friday I got an email asking if I’m interested in the job still, and the email also included which section they want to put me in and the salary they want to give me. Then on Monday I got an email With like 50-70 pages worth of things to print and fill out to bring in today. Today was the continuation of the medical exam eyes, chest, pee again, hearing, blood pressure and you also have to do some things on the computer. Then you have to speak to the doctor and he decides if you’re clear to work or not by signing a paper. (Try not to get placed on medical hold!) before I left I was told I’ll get contacted again soon I’m guessing is for my finger prints and ID. Today’s whole process took me about 4 hours. 

9 minutes ago, Alex138 said:

Sorry that I haven’t been able to update you guys since my last post on Friday I wasn’t able to log in my email to reset my password for this site. But anyways on Friday I got an email asking if I’m interested in the job still, and the email also included which section they want to put me in and the salary they want to give me. Then on Monday I got an email With like 50-70 pages worth of things to print and fill out to bring in today. Today was the continuation of the medical exam eyes, chest, pee again, hearing, blood pressure and you also have to do some things on the computer. Then you have to speak to the doctor and he decides if you’re clear to work or not by signing a paper. (Try not to get placed on medical hold!) before I left I was told I’ll get contacted again soon I’m guessing is for my finger prints and ID. Today’s whole process took me about 4 hours. 

Wow! 

9 minutes ago, Alex138 said:

What section did ya get?

1 hour ago, GhostRiderNYC said:

Was it a lot of people doing Medical with you? Did you see anybody from your first appointment?

when you mentioned eye exam what kind test are they doing?

I saw like 3 other people doing the medical for the same reason I was. the medical section was full of employees there for different reasons and things are going slow bc of covid they don’t want too many people close to each other while getting tested that’s why the process took like 4 hours. And they do a very intense exam they check for color blindness, distance with each eye and for all that they use a machine in which they make you look into, He decides if you need glasses or not or if you have your own you can bring them. 

Nothing yet on my end, Got the canvassing email on 09/18, send in the paper work the next day. Then went in for a drug test 9/28 and was told to wait 30 days or so until I would hear back. Till this day I been waiting its been 30 days already. Guess we are going to get called up mid Nov or by the end of Nov. Anyone else playing the waiting game?