MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

So I just got another update from the exam unit, however the wording makes it seem like they already began testing? @+Young+ They told me if I want to see what list number they're up to, I had to call the employment center but it brings me to the automated menu that dosent even have that option. Thoughts?

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

So I just got another update from the exam unit, however the wording makes it seem like they already began testing? @+Young+ They told me if I want to see what list number they're up to, I had to call the employment center but it brings me to the automated menu that dosent even have that option. Thoughts?

To make a long story short: I don't know what the story is.

However, as I look at the Notice of Examination, it says on the bottom of page four that they will begin administering the multiple-choice test for candidates with the lowest random list numbers in January of 2021. I don't know what the "status" of this is, since they normally rent out a public high school on the weekends to administer these qualifying multiple-choice tests, which, from looking at page five of the Notice of Examination, is very similar to a "Civil Service" examination, however we'll see what happens.

By the way, what happened to the conversation we were having off of this website? I'm still waiting for your reply...

Edited by +Young+

11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

To make a long story short: I don't know what the story is.

However, as I look at the Notice of Examination, it says on the bottom of page four that they will begin administering the multiple-choice test for candidates with the lowest random list numbers in January of 2021. I don't know what the "status" of this is, since they normally rent out a public high school on the weekends to administer these qualifying multiple-choice tests, which, from looking at page five of the Notice of Examination, is very similar to a "Civil Service" examination, however we'll see what happens.

By the way, what happened to the conversation we were having off of this website? I'm still waiting for your reply...

Well this is confusing. I am guessing they already began testing starting with the lowest numbers recently, but I will call on Monday and see what list # they're up to.

And I sent you a reply, unless I missed the send button and it's stuck in my drafts again...

On 7/23/2021 at 11:13 PM, +Young+ said:

Can you please check for me? I would truly appreciate it...thanks.

Agreed, I know I usually post on the TO forum but I have a loved one taking this test with a very low list number so I would love an update please!

51 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Agreed, I know I usually post on the TO forum but I have a loved one taking this test with a very low list number so I would love an update please!

You missed the point...this was about something else.

• 2 weeks later...

Update #2;

Just got another reply back from the exam unit who told me the exam hasn't begun testing yet. So which is it, did it begin or did it not? This is confusing for absolutely no reason. One person in the exam unit says they did, the other says they didn't.

Complaining aside, has anyone here ever been a B/O and go to school at the same time?

Good morning l have 2 questions first one l was disqualified from MTA P/T B/O on May l want if is true l have to wait 5 years to reapply.my second question l send my pre employee for mabstoa B/O in June 2 and after that l don’t hear anything after that 

On 8/6/2021 at 10:09 PM, Lawrence St said:

Update #2;

Just got another reply back from the exam unit who told me the exam hasn't begun testing yet. So which is it, did it begin or did it not? This is confusing for absolutely no reason. One person in the exam unit says they did, the other says they didn't.

Complaining aside, has anyone here ever been a B/O and go to school at the same time?

Thank you for this

On 8/6/2021 at 10:09 PM, Lawrence St said:

Update #2;

When they’re are ready, you will be notified by mail with an admission to when to come to take the BOSS (Bus Operator Selective Survey) exam.

As far as school goes, this is a full-time position that requires a minimum of 40+ hours a week. Schedules are based on routes and run you either pick or random timing if you’re on the extra list. Being a probation operator or less time on the job, your hours most likely will be late schedules. 12pm, 2pm, 3 pm to midnight.

Edited by Flatbush Operator

On 8/8/2021 at 11:11 AM, LuisB said:

Good morning l have 2 questions first one l was disqualified from MTA P/T B/O on May l want if is true l have to wait 5 years to reapply.my second question l send my pre employee for mabstoa B/O in June 2 and after that l don’t hear anything after that 

Yes, if you were disqualified from training at MTA bus, you won't be eligible for a rehire as a bus operator for the next 5 years. 

1 minute ago, LuisB said:

Good morning my 5 years star after the year l failed the 10 days training right?? I failed the training on May 2018

Most likely, or the date you were appointed which was the day you first attended Zerega. But don't lose hope, from the way things are looking, you just never know what the outcome will turn out. Both Department of Buses and Rails are on high demands for new hires. Its to the point, during the epidemic, a lot of probies passed probation without even getting observation rides or without being extended because of days they missed due to illness. So just keep your finger cross. 

On 8/10/2021 at 9:01 AM, LuisB said:

Good afternoon l am super confused l am disqualified from Mta PT B/o last May and they told l to wait 5 years for re apply and today the send the email to go next Tuesday to complete my pre application for MTA exam 9309 what can do go o not

• 1 month later...
Just now, Lawrence St said:

I just realized I forgot to put in a job I had back when I was 16 in my application. Is there anyway I can add it on? I don't want to get terminated during the background check if they find out I didn't include this job.

You took exam 1100 already?

35 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I just realized I forgot to put in a job I had back when I was 16 in my application. Is there anyway I can add it on? I don't want to get terminated during the background check if they find out I didn't include this job.

That’s fine. When you go through Pre-employment process, you will list all the job you had from 10 years back.

I just got this voicemail, is it happening finally?

This is New York City Transit calling BLANK, informing you that we have received your application for Bus Operator. An important email has been sent to you, with the next step in the process of obtaining a job as Bus Operator. You must answer the questions in the link sent to you as soon as possible. If you do not receive the email by tomorrow, please contact us at Examsunit@nyct.com.

3 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

I just got this voicemail, is it happening finally?

This is New York City Transit calling BLANK, informing you that we have received your application for Bus Operator. An important email has been sent to you, with the next step in the process of obtaining a job as Bus Operator. You must answer the questions in the link sent to you as soon as possible. If you do not receive the email by tomorrow, please contact us at Examsunit@nyct.com.

Yes this is real my wife got It as well