MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

As per this webpage, in which a "print-screen" can be seen below, the application period for this examination will be open from July 15th to August 25th, 2020. If you are curious in what the Notice of Examination (NOE) might look like and/or contain, click here and here for the last two recent MaBSTOA Bus Operator Notice of Examinations.

Happy Posting!!

MaBSTOA Exam 1100.jpg

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

Was this the same one that was postponed from May?

I don't believe so. If I recall correctly, the one that was postponed from May had a different exam number.

I have tickets pending 12 points total *fingers crossed* I don’t lose these cases, all my court dates are next year due to COVID19. I just paid for this exam. I passed both part time BOSS exam 7304 and 7300 but I don’t have the CDL permit. I recently got 4 points on my Ls due to a speeding ticket. My question to you guys what advice y’all could give me. I been driving clean for a year it not like I’m out here wilding our driving I’m calm real talk. I’m been chasing these jobs forever. I gotta 5 month new born I’m tryna grind y’all. I studied the CDL Book didn’t pass it. I’m struggling. Any help is needed. Let me know

• +Young+ changed the title to MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100
11 hours ago, Kawan said:

I have tickets pending 12 points total *fingers crossed* I don’t lose these cases, all my court dates are next year due to COVID19. I just paid for this exam. I passed both part time BOSS exam 7304 and 7300 but I don’t have the CDL permit. I recently got 4 points on my Ls due to a speeding ticket. My question to you guys what advice y’all could give me. I been driving clean for a year it not like I’m out here wilding our driving I’m calm real talk. I’m been chasing these jobs forever. I gotta 5 month new born I’m tryna grind y’all. I studied the CDL Book didn’t pass it. I’m struggling. Any help is needed. Let me know

First, welcome to the website!

Second, as far as the pending tickets are concerned, according to this post, you are aware that you are allowed to have at maximum four [4] points on your license, right? In addition, the folks who review your abstract will only look at your abstract for the past three [3] years. Therefore, if you got a ticket on July 18th, 2017 with a certain number of points, by this time the points associated with that particular ticket will disappear.

Third, have you considered running off your abstract to see what you got as far as the timeline with these tickets and points? Click here for more information. Just note that when the time comes, the agency will run your "Standard Driving Record." Therefore, the CDL abstract and the Lifetime Driving Abstract are not necessary.

Finally, as far as the CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit) is concerned, have you checked out cristcdl.com to practice some of the questions? The multiple-choice written exams that you will need to take and pass are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. I personally made index cards with the questions and answers, and, when the time came, I had no problem passing the multiple-choice examinations examinations. When I initially prepared for these examinations, I used the index cards for approximately 75 to 80% of my studying, and I read the CDL manual the other 20 to 25% of the time.

In conclusion, I would primarily focus on your points. After all, even if you have the CLP and if you have five [5] or more points on your license within the past three years, the agency is not going to be interested in hiring you. Keep in mind that those 'Defensive Driving Classes' do not count for this purpose. Therefore, if you plead guilty to the tickets in one way or another, you just have to wait the time out for the points to expire.

Once your points are under control, then I would focus on your CLP. You are aware that, once you get your CLP, it is good for six months, in which you can renew it once without taking the tests over again, right? In addition, I would encourage you to check out this thread in regards to the CDL road test. If you do decide to go through a driving school and get the CDL on your own, I included some links to some YouTube videos in this post for you to view. Just note that whatever Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) you decide to use, the pre-trip now includes an inspection of the engine compartment.

I hope this post helps. If you still have more questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Edited by +Young+
Editing...

• 2 weeks later...

i just sign up for the exam 1100... and really worried about the memorization portion of it ...i read on the forum to study the bus routes of the boroughs....that's  allot of info to retain since i don't live in nyc anymore and hardly took public transit when i lived there so kinda worried...  any help on what to study on and also i have my class a with all endorsements .what is the training process for someone with a cdl 

18 hours ago, joshua26 said:

i just sign up for the exam 1100... and really worried about the memorization portion of it ...i read on the forum to study the bus routes of the boroughs....that's  allot of info to retain since i don't live in nyc anymore and hardly took public transit when i lived there so kinda worried...  any help on what to study on and also i have my class a with all endorsements .what is the training process for someone with a cdl 

First of all, welcome to the Forums!

You're not the only one who is really worried about the memorization portion. A lot of people 'screw up' on this portion in one way or another. When you take the exam, what's going to happen is they're going to initially give you a picture to memorize for 10 minutes in the form of a single-page booklet. This picture usually consists of a single bus route, which is usually fictional and very basic. At the end of these 10 minutes, the 'memorization' booklets will be collected and the examination booklets will be distributed, in which the test taker will have to answer some questions based off of the picture that you were supposed to memorize for those 10 minutes. The amount of questions can vary from 6 questions to 10 questions, depending on what else is on the examination and the total number of questions.

Therefore, in lieu of studying the bus routes of the boroughs, you can start preparing for the exam by looking at this NYPD Test Prep Kit. If you look at pages four through seven of the PDF document, you will see that you will have to memorize a fictional picture for five minutes, followed by answering 12 questions afterwards.

I also sent you a Private Message (PM) as well. Therefore, if you need more practice for the memorization section, send me a reply and we'll take it from there.

Edited by +Young+
Typographical correction

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Lawrence St said:

What are the chances that this will become a virtual exam?

Bus operator exam is very very easy, the questions tell you what the answers are alot of times. The boss survey is also easy, you just have to be consistant with your answers.  

1 hour ago, joshua26 said:

Does anyone know the test dates for this exam or when would it be held .. 

As per the bottom of the fourth page of the Notice of Examination, the administration of this examination will begin in January of 2021, which is still four months away, since the first official "business" day in January is Monday, January 4th, 2021. As time gets closer, I would keep an eye on this and this webpage.

However, depending on what happens with this ever-changing 'pandemic,' I have a "gut" feeling that the administration of this examination might get postponed until who knows when. Only time will tell.

In addition, I know this is your second post, however have you read the guidelines of the website? "Bumping topics" is included in the guidelines...

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• 2 months later...

I just got this e-mail within the past five minutes:

My random list number: 41** (in between 4100 and 4199)

The test for Bus Operator, Exam # 1100, scheduled to begin in January 2021, has been postponed until further notice.

Your random list number has been generated (listed above). As vacancies occur, you will be invited in random list number order to take the qualifying multiple-choice test. We will contact you again when the test date is determined. You should keep this email for future reference.

It is important that to keep your contact information updated. If you need to update your, phone number, email and mailing address, please email examsunit@nyct.com.

Thanks,

NYCT Exam Administration Unit

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I just got this e-mail within the past five minutes:

My random list number: 41** (in between 4100 and 4199)

The test for Bus Operator, Exam # 1100, scheduled to begin in January 2021, has been postponed until further notice.

Your random list number has been generated (listed above). As vacancies occur, you will be invited in random list number order to take the qualifying multiple-choice test. We will contact you again when the test date is determined. You should keep this email for future reference.

It is important that to keep your contact information updated. If you need to update your, phone number, email and mailing address, please email examsunit@nyct.com.

Thanks,

NYCT Exam Administration Unit

...me too list #39**

Edited by BOO3

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

My list number is #16XX. So are they calling people at random or are they going by list numbers? Sorry I have no idea how this works.

As per the bottom of page four of either the Notice of Examination or of the PDF document, it states that "A random list number will be generated electronically for you after all applications are processed, and you will be notified of what your random number is via email." As far as the potential test date, we all know that this is TBD (To Be Determined).

The next sentence states "As your random list number approaches, an Admission Letter will be mailed to you for the multiple-choice test."

Two sentences later, it also states "Candidates who successfully complete all components of the selection process and meet all requirements and conditions will be considered for employment in random list number order as vacancies arise."

If you wish to read the Notice of Examination in its entirety, please do not hesitate to click here or on any of the previous URL links in this specific post.

Edited by +Young+
Typographical correction

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 4:16 PM, Lawrence St said:

I have good news! (MTA) expects to start calling people for this exam THIS summer. They do not have definite date yet, but it will be soon. Source: MTAExamUnit

Summer is here. Has anyone been called on this yet?