MaBSTOA B/O Exam # 1100

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_mabstoa.png.6aac599eb81094ba092b53cca1e33406.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 1100

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary for Bus Operator is $26.19 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to
$37.42 in the sixth year of service

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1680's) - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class:

Resources: DOB New Hire FAQ

Additional: For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing. If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, King spade said:

My sheet was green but yes I have it . It said answer sheet would be able in January.

Yeah the MTA bus 2302 said the same thing so that just means they’re doing what they did for the TO test and they’re hiring before this is great

5 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

Yeah the MTA bus 2302 said the same thing so that just means they’re doing what they did for the TO test and they’re hiring before this is great

What's bus 2302?  Also TO test ? I'm just excited to hear from them  because I need a job lol plus I'm in trucking school right now , so if they start training sooner than possible I can just hold off on getting my CDL until I get the job done .

23 minutes ago, King spade said:

What's bus 2302?  Also TO test ? I'm just excited to hear from them  because I need a job lol plus I'm in trucking school right now , so if they start training sooner than possible I can just hold off on getting my CDL until I get the job done .

That’s mta bus

51 minutes ago, King spade said:

28 minutes ago, STtoMTA said:

That’s mta bus

As per the guidelines of the website, if we can all please "Post in the Relevant Forum," it would be truly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, BOO3 said:

Hey Young,

did you take 1100 test yet? I remember ur list number is close to mine. I am 3xxx.

As far as the MaBSTOA (OA) and MTA Bus Company examinations, to make a long story short, I simply lost track. I do remember filing for it, since I was on unemployment and I didn't have to pay the fee, however, as far as whether I took it or not, I don't remember.

Edited by +Young+

5 hours ago, Kennedy said:

My list number for exam 1100 was 605 to take the test.  And again I took my test 10/09/2021 and was called in for Pre employment process.   (Someone asked what was my list number to take the test)

11 hours ago, Kennedy said:

Thursday 

Cool, I never got an email or mail about a list number but I did get a voice mail about going in on Thursday 7am . So I'm gonna go Thursday 6:50am to get more information. I 'll see you Thursday .

16 hours ago, Kennedy said:

My list number for exam 1100 was 605 to take the test.  And again I took my test 10/09/2021 and was called in for Pre employment process.   (Someone asked what was my list number to take the test)

Thanks Kennedy for letting us all know what it is. This way for those of us who haven’t taken the test yet gives us a glimpse where we stand on the line. **cheers** & **congrats** to ya. 

Question about this exam. I read through the string and it seems to be OA. Is that correct? Also, all previous MTA Bus and OA I applied to recently were BOSS only with random list numbers. Is this exam going to be used for TA and a civil service position? Thanks to anyone that can clarify. 

On 10/27/2021 at 4:29 PM, mtax said:

Question about this exam. I read through the string and it seems to be OA. Is that correct? Also, all previous MTA Bus and OA I applied to recently were BOSS only with random list numbers. Is this exam going to be used for TA and a civil service position? Thanks to anyone that can clarify. 

@mtax If I’m not mistaken this exam is under MABSTOA. As regards to them using it for TA that’s a bit far fetch and shouldn’t be done legally. Only way to clarify this is when they call you in to 180 Livingston for appointment. 

1 hour ago, Lawrence St said:

Ok, I have the exam tomorrow. I'm basically flying blind and have no idea what the test is like since it's not the BOSS anymore. If anyone has more examples of what the test is like please let me know!

If you look at page five [5] of the Notice of Examination, it lists nine [9] different abilities you will be tested on. A sample of all of these abilities can be found in this NYPD Test Prep Kit. The only difference is, the questions will be geared towards a "Bus Operator" and not a "Police Officer." Here are a few examples:

-The memorization portion will probably and most likely contain a fictitious Bus Route instead of a picture

-The written comprehension/written expression will probably and most likely contain a memorandum, or using various sentences to put together a report (Keep in mind the examination is multiple-choice)

-Instead of being given a regular map, you will probably and most likely be given a map of fictitious bus routes on one single page, and asked questions about that, between transfers, subway stops, etc.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Edited by +Young+

7 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

Ok, I have the exam tomorrow. I'm basically flying blind and have no idea what the test is like since it's not the BOSS anymore. If anyone has more examples of what the test is like please let me know!

I myself didn’t know what to expect.  I did the survey BOSS MTA exam #9309 in 2019.  So after my exam for 1100 I remembered some of the questions and was asking my sisters since they’re already Bus Operators.  And I know I got the questions wrong as to, what to do if the bus is packed and a wheelchair passenger is at the bus stop.  I don’t often use public transportation but I also know that anyone has to give up those front seats for elder/disabled passengers.  Did not know you have to put passengers off to accommodate wheelchairs.  Reason why I know how people are and may refuse to get off the bus.