2 people stabbed to death on separate A trains in Queens, Manhattan: NYPD

Via Garibaldi 8

Police on Saturday busted a knife-wielding homeless killer suspected of savagely executing two helpless victims and wounding two more as he carved a gory path in a 14-hour subway stabbing spree on the A train line from Manhattan to Queens, law enforcement sources said.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-nyc-subway-fatal-stabbings-20210213-5c2dfsxc3bdcnp6jqoqttv3y2u-story.html

So basically a skell riding end-to-end on the (A) line, preying on other skells.  Not surprised by any of this; the A was my home line for over a decade, 207th was my stop- some hours the platform and the trains departing there were like a makeshift homeless shelter.  You would think that from all the money paid in municipal income tax, something would be done to help these people off the streets, but deBlasio does jack-shit about it while taking backhanders from the real estate interests who have basically made affordable housing an impossibility in this city.  He's just as bad as Giuliani and Bloomberg were in that regard.

Edited by R10 2952

6 hours ago, Deucey said:

Nobody died from Bridgegate.

The root problem is the same though; these states from colonial times do not have a recall mechanism, so you pretty much have to rely on the governor feeling like he should do the right thing and resign. Spitzer resigned under threat of impeachment; I don't think the NYS Legislature would be able to pull that off against the biggest fundraiser to ever hold the governor's office.

Christie literally limped to the end of his term with a 14% approval rating, including something straight out of the Onion when he auditioned to be a radio jockey while still in office.

6 hours ago, R10 2952 said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/ny-nyc-subway-fatal-stabbings-20210213-5c2dfsxc3bdcnp6jqoqttv3y2u-story.html

So basically a skell riding end-to-end on the (A) line, preying on other skells.  Not surprised by any of this; the A was my home line for over a decade, 207th was my stop- some hours the platform and the trains departing there were like a makeshift homeless shelter.  You would think that from all the money paid in municipal income tax, something would be done to help these people off the streets, but deBlasio does jack-shit about it while taking backhanders from the real estate interests who have basically made affordable housing an impossibility in this city.  He's just as bad as Giuliani and Bloomberg were in that regard.

He's (de Blasio) been in bed with the developers from the start, and when you see the City spending BILLIONS every year on the homeless and no changes, there is a disconnect somewhere. The homeless problem is only worsening, not to mention the monies that "vanished" to help the mentally ill.

I thought the Progressives would get it right (sarcasm), but hey we have more Progressive candidates running. Maybe the next mayor will get it right.

Giuliani helped stabilize the City. Bloomberg took over after 9/11. De Blasio came in with a flourishing City, and flush coffers, so he has no excuse. He ran on a platform of making the City more equitable. LOL

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

11 hours ago, R10 2952 said:

This news is crazy, I was just on the (A) twice yesterday before I found out about the killings. Honestly this city is a crap show now and it’s no wonder why people are fleeing this city. It seems like every year that passes the homeless situation gets worst. Saw a gang of about 6-8 homeless men behind the staircase on the 6th Ave platform of W. 4th. One man who you could clearly tell had mental issues was pacing back and forth and then was bending over and was staring at the ground for a few seconds before pacing around again. Another group came down the stairs on the side I was at asking for change and I can see why people are tired of this place. Everywhere you go especially in Manhattan you have people begging. Go to Flushing-Main Street and you have tons of guys begging for change and sleeping at a nearby park. Forest Hills itself has its fair share of homeless. Honestly if I was running this state/ city how could I be proud to have all these homeless guys running around? Cuomo and DeBlasio don’t care about fixing the massive homeless problem in the city. I find it insulting how Cuomo wants to focus on extending the Highline 2 blocks to Penn Station rather than focus on getting the homeless off the streets. These are the same types of folks that would claim how capitalism created this issue when it fact it was their lack of concern and their egos that made the problem what it is today. 

While the police patrolling the subways might make them safer like I’ve always said, it is simply a band aid solution over a huge bullet wound that continues to get worst. If the higher ups (Cuomo/DeBlasio) cannot take the issue seriously how do they expect the NYPD to care. I feel bad for the MTA in this case because they have to deal with this issue when it technically isn’t their fault the homelessness is the way it is. 

3 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

This news is crazy, I was just on the (A) twice yesterday before I found out about the killings. Honestly this city is a crap show now and it’s no wonder why people are fleeing this city. It seems like every year that passes the homeless situation gets worst. Saw a gang of about 6-8 homeless men behind the staircase on the 6th Ave platform of W. 4th. One man who you could clearly tell had mental issues was pacing back and forth and then was bending over and was staring at the ground for a few seconds before pacing around again. Another group came down the stairs on the side I was at asking for change and I can see why people are tired of this place. Everywhere you go especially in Manhattan you have people begging. Go to Flushing-Main Street and you have tons of guys begging for change and sleeping at a nearby park. Forest Hills itself has its fair share of homeless. Honestly if I was running this state/ city how could I be proud to have all these homeless guys running around? Cuomo and DeBlasio don’t care about fixing the massive homeless problem in the city. I find it insulting how Cuomo wants to focus on extending the Highline 2 blocks to Penn Station rather than focus on getting the homeless off the streets. These are the same types of folks that would claim how capitalism created this issue when it fact it was their lack of concern and their egos that made the problem what it is today. 

While the police patrolling the subways might make them safer like I’ve always said, it is simply a band aid solution over a huge bullet wound that continues to get worst. If the higher ups (Cuomo/DeBlasio) cannot take the issue seriously how do they expect the NYPD to care. I feel bad for the MTA in this case because they have to deal with this issue when it technically isn’t their fault the homelessness is the way it is. 

Homelessness is a City problem. De Blasio is the mayor and is responsible for it, not Governor Cuomo.

3 hours ago, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Homelessness is a City problem. De Blasio is the mayor and is responsible for it, not Governor Cuomo.

It’s still an issue going on in his state which makes him responsible for that in some degree. The mayor would get most of the blame because they don’t have as much responsibility as the governor does and we already know how DeBlasio feels about the homelessness. 

Edited by NewFlyer 230

4 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

It’s still an issue going on in his state which makes him responsible for that in some degree. The mayor would get most of the blame because they don’t have as much responsibility as the governor does and we already know how DeBlasio feels about the homelessness. 

Again, the City is run by the mayor, not Cuomo, and it is de Blasio that needs to address the problem, not Cuomo. You are rather misinformed, and it clearly shows.  We're talking about homelessness here in NYC, not New York State. Cuomo handles State issues. De Blasio handles issues on a City level.