NABI replacements

Juan833Blue

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, JLiu15 said:

I've heard that it'll probably be the New Flyer XD60.

However, I'm wondering as to when NABI replacements will begin. Some have said 2023 to as late as 2026...the oldest NABIs will be nearly 20 years old by then...

heard something similar too. Heard it might be XD40s since of the XD60s already but I would like them to try out the Nova LFS

Edited by DCTransitFilms

On 8/6/2021 at 6:25 PM, JLiu15 said:

I've heard that it'll probably be the New Flyer XD60.

However, I'm wondering as to when NABI replacements will begin. Some have said 2023 to as late as 2026...the oldest NABIs will be nearly 20 years old by then...

Didn't NJT keep some Flxible Metros for 20 years? I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself.

From a passenger prospective the NABIs seem raggedy where NJT will need new buses sooner rather than later. My opinion of them could be way off base and the NABIs could be fine for their age, but from a rider perspective, they seem worn.

12 hours ago, trainfan22 said:

Didn't NJT keep some Flxible Metros for 20 years? I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself.

From a passenger prospective the NABIs seem raggedy where NJT will need new buses sooner rather than later. My opinion of them could be way off base and the NABIs could be fine for their age, but from a rider perspective, they seem worn.

They did after the (MTA) banned them from the streets...Not all the NABI's are worn...Yes they do have tons of miles on them..But some of njt  garages keep them in good shape...Meadowlands is one i can think of greenville nabi's aren't that bad either...

4 hours ago, biGC323232 said:

...Meadowlands is one i can think of greenville nabi's aren't that bad either...

Are you kidding me? Meadowlands has some of the worse NABIs. All they do is keep the outside clean. There break down rate are higher then Fairview’s and Egg Harbor nabis combined.

On 8/12/2021 at 2:50 PM, 553 Bridgeton said:

Are you kidding me? Meadowlands has some of the worse NABIs. All they do is keep the outside clean. There break down rate are higher then Fairview’s and Egg Harbor nabis combined.

Well im only speaking from the experience from my wife who been at Fairview for the last 12 years and the time i rode them....She told me that meadowlands nabis are better than fairviews...I dont know what garage you driver out of and im not doubting that u know your stuff....But that's the complaints i got from her when she did extra runs from meadowlands..And ive been with her alot of times where nabis she was driver broken down..... Go to fairview garage one day  and see how many broken down buses in the back..Cause i see  a few broken down buses missing doors etc more often than not....