1. 1. Favorite four tracked subway line (not including Brooklyn

• IND 8 Avenue (A)(C)(E)
    • IRT 7 Avenue (1)(2)(3)
    • IND 6 Avenue (B)(D)(F)(V)
    • BMT Broadway (N)(Q)(R)(W)
    • IRT Lexington AVenue (4)(5)(6)
    • IND Central Park West (A)(B)(C)(D)
    • IND Queens Boulevard (E)(F)(G)(R)(V)

The Favorite four tracked subway line only concerned Brooklyn. Now this poll will go into Manhattan and Queens. Bronx has no four track layout since it's mostly IRT with the exception of the (:((D) Grand Concourse Line (all using three track layouts)

IRT 7 Avenue (1)(2)(3)

IND 8 Avenue (A)(C)(E)

IND 6 Avenue (;)(D)(F)(V)

BMT Broadway (N)(Q)(R)(W)

IRT Lexington Avenue (4)(5)(6)

IND Central Park West (A) (:)(C)(D)

IND Queens Boulevard Line (E)(F)(G)(R)(V)

I picked the Lexington Avenue Line (4)(5)(6)......best express segment b/w 14th Street and 125th Street!

Other favorite

8th Avenue Line (A) S/B b/w 59th Street-Columbus Circle and Canal Street-Holland Tunnel. The others I've stated in part one of the 4 track thread!

I like the Lexington Avenue Express section on the (4)(5) services, all times, but rush hour. The trains are very fast, but they can be slow at times due to the load they carry on a daily basis.

The (N)(Q) express via BMT Broadway is great too, because people can travel between Brooklyn and Manhattan faster, than with the (R), since the (N)(Q) use the Manhattan Bridge, and the (R) goes through the Montague Street Tunnel.

IRT 7th Avenue during the '90s = 9-car R62A (3) trains SPEEDING from 42nd St to 72nd St, even on the curviest part, 59th St. Definitely my most favorite express segment in the IRT. It's a nice run as well, and only gets super crowded during the rush or events at MSG.

The section of Central Park West is strange, because the (A)(:D©(D) trains speed while they slightly twist and turn as the four track layout becomes a two level, two track layout, with the uptown tracks on top of the Brooklyn Bound tracks (downtown)

Same goes for the (4)(5)(6). It's a 2 x 2 layout at 125 Street, and briefly it's a four track layout around 106 Street, then the (4)(5) dip to the lower level, until after the 51 Street (6) station. The (4)(5)(6) are about the same level until Brooklyn Bridge.

The section of Central Park West is strange, because the (A)(:D©(D) trains speed while they slightly twist and turn as the four track layout becomes a two level, two track layout, with the uptown tracks on top of the Brooklyn Bound tracks (downtown)

Same goes for the (4)(5)(6). It's a 2 x 2 layout at 125 Street, and briefly it's a four track layout around 106 Street, then the (4)(5) dip to the lower level, until after the 51 Street (6) station. The (4)(5)(6) are about the same level until Brooklyn Bridge.

Eh, you get 5 tracks at Spring Street.

Eh, you get 5 tracks at Spring Street.

Sorry, my mistake.

The 7th Avenue express is faster than the Lex. 7th Avenue is my favorite (though the 2 turns into a snail once it reaches the Bronx).

The (2)(3) express services at 7 Avenue/Broadway can be faster than the (4)(5) express at Lexington Avenue. It can be due to the crowd loads around the East Side of Manhattan, so I'd have to agree with you for that reason.

Sorry, my mistake.

Nah... you right for the most part... it is just that at Spring, the NB express swings to the right, opening a space for a 5th track... I think they removed it. If it is there, it's obviously not connected. That's why if you board the train at Spring, its really loud when the express passes.

Im going with my (N)(R)(Q), cuz i ride it when i go to brooklyn, and its reliable, especially the (Q) which has good express service in manhattan.

Yep. I don't know if you remember, but during the 90s (until late 2000 or 2001) there was no Broadway Exp. I remembered the (N) & (R) in Manhattan all local as a kid, and some Broadway stations still had the 4th Ave Line fridge tiles as well. That's why from Brooklyn we usually transferred to the then (:rolleyes: or IRT to avoid that line altogether.

Yep. I don't know if you remember, but during the 90s (until late 2000 or 2001) there was no Broadway Exp. I remembered the (N) & (R) in Manhattan all local as a kid, and some Broadway stations still had the 4th Ave Line fridge tiles as well. That's why from Brooklyn we usually transferred to the then (:rolleyes: or IRT to avoid that line altogether.

I remember the Broadway Express Tracks just sitting and collecting dust. With this poll, Im going to go with the Broadway (N)(Q)(R)(W) as my first choice, Lexington Av (4)(5)(6) for door # 2, and 6 Av (B)(D)(F)(V) for 3.

Zachary

I remember the Broadway Express Tracks just sitting and collecting dust. With this poll, Im going to go with the Broadway (N)(Q)(R)(W) as my first choice, Lexington Av (4)(5)(6) for door # 2, and 6 Av (:rolleyes:(D)(F)(V) for 3.

Zachary

Yeah, the (Q) has a good express run in manhattan, the (N) is okay, its express in some stops but also local in some. I always go to brooklyn using the broadway exp.

Archived