Transit cleaner position

HardWorkin

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone should keep their options open considering that the hiring process for this position is lottery-based. Take written exams for other job titles and aim to score 100%, as you'll realistically have a higher chance of landing a job with the (MTA) that way. The truth is that the (MTA) doesn't need tens of thousands of cleaners. Having any list number between 1 and 1,000 is the most probable scenario that would lead to you getting hired for this position! The probability of getting hired with a list number of anything greater than that, especially those who have list numbers greater than 10,000 is absolutely 0%.

18 hours ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

Everyone should keep their options open considering that the hiring process for this position is lottery-based. Take written exams for other job titles and aim to score 100%, as you'll realistically have a higher chance of landing a job with the (MTA) that way. The truth is that the (MTA) doesn't need tens of thousands of cleaners. Having any list number between 1 and 1,000 is the most probable scenario that would lead to you getting hired for this position! The probability of getting hired with a list number of anything greater than that, especially those who have list numbers greater than 10,000 is absolutely 0%.

Wow thank you for this information. I think 🤔 you answered everyone questions. Your information seems accurate. My list is 61,xxxx so I’ll definitely start applying for other exams

21 hours ago, AlgorithmOfTruth said:

I agree, my list number is in the low 6000's so maybe I'll get called later next year. Yeah anybody over 10,000 sorry. There is another MTA cleaning position, it's been up since the 30th. Sign in to the MTA and check.

1 hour ago, MrDobson said:

I agree, my list number is in the low 6000's so maybe I'll get called later next year. Yeah anybody over 10,000 sorry. There is another MTA cleaning position, it's been up since the 30th. Sign in to the MTA and check.

People over 500 already getting canvassed so they would reach 1000 real quick. All that matters is when transit reaches their mark that is when hiring slows. They need a little over 900 cleaners then there is always attrition plus there will be a massive drop in cleaners when the CR promotional comes out considering thats the majority that leaves that title next to station agents. Then all the drug test failures (there was a false rumor spread that the MTA doesn't test for weed anymore oh the surprise those people will have) and unvaccinated people. It's all about when they hit their mark.

59 minutes ago, Biggie said:

People over 500 already getting canvassed so they would reach 1000 real quick. All that matters is when transit reaches their mark that is when hiring slows. They need a little over 900 cleaners then there is always attrition plus there will be a massive drop in cleaners when the CR promotional comes out considering thats the majority that leaves that title next to station agents. Then all the drug test failures (there was a false rumor spread that the MTA doesn't test for weed anymore oh the surprise those people will have) and unvaccinated people. It's all about when they hit their mark.

It still sucks if you’re someone with a number in the 35,000s. :(

On 8/20/2022 at 4:54 PM, mattbackupaccount said:

good luck, i let you know what the other process , make sure you go early eat big , you will be there for six to eight hour waiting each  time you are there.

i hope it medical for me after my drug test..

How is the drug test process..? Do they send you to a lab? Or do you take it there do they watch you or close by…..???

8 hours ago, Jessica3591 said:

So I applied fot the transit cleaner position back in July I told 4 other people to apply they told me they recievd their random number and I haven’t. i chevkef back where I applied it says ALL APPLICANTS should recieve a random number but I haven't. 

I would try contacting the exams unit

On 10/6/2022 at 10:13 AM, Jessica3591 said:

So I applied fot the transit cleaner position back in July I told 4 other people to apply they told me they recievd their random number and I haven’t. i chevkef back where I applied it says ALL APPLICANTS should recieve a random number but I haven't. 

Jessica did you check your spam folder?