MTA Launches Full Investigation into 35 Vandalized Trains that disrupted commuters.

Lawrence St

1 hour ago, Trainmaster5 said:

I'm sure that I'm older than you and most posters but we had the Transit Police riding the system overnight before Rudy G was elected. NYTP rode trains, especially in the IRT from the Bronx to Brooklyn nightly. We also had a Vandals Squad that concentrated on the train yards that dealt with the " no talent artists ". I'm personally offended by your insinuation that minority leaders actually support these criminals. My opinion. Carry on.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. The Transit police has been doing this since (you know the date). The VS of the NYCTP was the ruthless. They would nab ppl who intruded the yards. 

11 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

That '90s style crime crackdown would likely now lead to massive lawsuits against the city by advocates for minorities and so forth.  What Giuliani did when he was mayor from 1993-2001 would never fly today because of that.  

Stick around and see what happens..  BTW did ya know they already have reinstated stop and frisk? 

14 hours ago, Trainmaster5 said:

I'm sure that I'm older than you and most posters but we had the Transit Police riding the system overnight before Rudy G was elected. NYTP rode trains, especially in the IRT from the Bronx to Brooklyn nightly. We also had a Vandals Squad that concentrated on the train yards that dealt with the " no talent artists ". I'm personally offended by your insinuation that minority leaders actually support these criminals. My opinion. Carry on.

I do remember that actually.

And I should clarify, what I meant was we have too many "ambulance chasers" that include some of the kind of advocates who feel minorities have been trampled on to the point where they would unfairly use the discrimination flag where it should not be used and because of past injustices against minorities, judges would rule against the TA if '90s-style tactics, even if the TA was fully in their right to do so were used. 

My point was, what was done in the '90s would not be tolerated by many now.  

21 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I do remember that actually.

And I should clarify, what I meant was we have too many "ambulance chasers" that include some of the kind of advocates who feel minorities have been trampled on to the point where they would unfairly use the discrimination flag where it should not be used and because of past injustices against minorities, judges would rule against the TA if '90s-style tactics, even if the TA was fully in their right to do so were used. 

My point was, what was done in the '90s would not be tolerated by many now.  

What I have bolded in your response is the exact reason why things have gotten out of control. Every society needs to have moral standards to thrive and nowadays what we are seeing is the exact opposite. Why has crimes like farebeating, smash and grabs, assaults and etc gone up especially within the past few years? 
We can’t keep having people walk around and think it is alright to do whatever they want. We can’t keep justifying bad behavior because we don’t want to offend anyone with actual correction of wrong behavior. The problem with society today is that too many are too soft and emotional and there are plenty of individuals that need to be taught a lesson especially some of these kids. 
Me personally I don’t see anything wrong with having these extreme transit fan kids or anyone who destroys property and assault others spend some time in the jailhouse to reflect on what they did. After a few strikes they would be out for real and others would learn real quickly for that.

One vocal side basically says “jail time/death sentence for anything!” The other side says “clear everything out of the jails!” Where is representation for the happy medium where we can take the weed dealers’ bunks in Rikers and give them to the fare beaters instead?

7 hours ago, CenSin said:

One vocal side basically says “jail time/death sentence for anything!” The other side says “clear everything out of the jails!” Where is representation for the happy medium where we can take the weed dealers’ bunks in Rikers and give them to the fare beaters instead?

I’m definitely old school.. Where I come from all crime is punishable. Wasn’t it Singapore or somewhere nearby where an American youth sprayed something on a fence and was sentenced to caning for the crime ? Americans protested the punishment IIRC. I don’t remember the exact punishment but the responses were eye opening to my elder family members. Welts and cowhide were the only acceptable choices to them. No excuses. Just my thoughts. Carry on.

1 hour ago, IAlam said:

Well looks like they were dumb enough to record themselves. But with how many time this has been recorded over I wouldn’t know where the original comes from. 

Screen recording of original video from person who was there and filmed it (Link)

They could also be responsible for the 78 broken windows on the W line, but there's much more people who are linked to it just like the same ones who heavily vandalized Bowery Layup that had broken glass and graffiti. If you want pictures and videos of that, I can send them in here.

1 minute ago, Goggle said:

Screen recording of original video from person who was there and filmed it (Link)

They could also be responsible for the 78 broken windows on the W line, but there's much more people who are linked to it just like the same ones who heavily vandalized Bowery Layup that had broken glass and graffiti. If you want pictures and videos of that, I can send them in here.

Another video of them running at DeKalb Avenue, prior to them throwing a brick at a NB D Train north of New Utrecht Avenue (Link)

On 9/27/2023 at 10:06 AM, IAlam said:

Well looks like they were dumb enough to record themselves. But with how many time this has been recorded over I wouldn’t know where the original comes from. 

The dude in the hoodie is head of these conquestors