MTA Launches Full Investigation into 35 Vandalized Trains that disrupted commuters.

Lawrence St

Regardless of the train model, these type of actions are really uncalled for and should not happen. Therefore hard working commuters now have to suffer the brunt if this? It's undeniably ridiculous and PATHETIC.  SMH

If this was caused hypothetically by some type of "hate group" for the older subway cars, the words GET A REAL LIFE come to mind. Stop making it harder for other people for stupid unjustified nonsense.

17 hours ago, RTOMan said:

The funny thing is they prob already know who these vandals are...

Knowing them they posted it online or in group chats...

All they need is to catch one of em..

Exactly and then throw the book at them so that they’ll squeal on the rest of their posee to reduce their sentence 

10 hours ago, QM1to6Ave said:

Interesting that they say it happened to a train in service. I wonder if other passengers were on board to witness this

Some of them did down on the (D) line with some of  them miscreants from that High School at Bay 50th (which is becoming the norm).

The Majority of them wasn't though...

Edited by RTOMan

12 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Some of them did down on the (D) line with some of  them miscreants from that High School at Bay 50th (which is becoming the norm).

The Majority of them wasn't though...

It really feels crazy that I graduated from that school in 2021. Jeez ig I graduated just in time before the even more braindead teens filled in lol.

2 hours ago, TheNewYorkElevated said:

What happened yesterday to those trains was saddening and horrible to hear.

More than thirty trains were vandalized across Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens; it affected the entire Grand Concourse and a portion of Central Park West, Sixth Avenue, and Queens Boulevard. The entire BMT South (West End, Brighton, Sea Beach, Culver) was almost kneecapped by the vandalism that happened which caused massive delays there, especially on the entire BMT North by way of the (W) train, which is staffed as part of the (N) train. It was officially decommissioned at around 7pm on Tuesday as earlier in the afternoon rush around 6:30pm, they weren't sending any out of Whitehall according to one (W) train crew member upon seeing four smashed windows in one car on a vandalized (W) train set that came to the middle track out of Ditmars. That (W) train was taken out of service and he just sat in the tower/crew quarter that they had, since it was a sudden event that happened. Any other (W) trains that came down to Whitehall from Ditmars were also taken out of service since vandals straight up shut down the entire (W) train. There were just very few (W) trains to even send out of Whitehall since the vandalism north of there was so widespread. The (W) train itself did not come back to service until about 5pm yesterday in the middle of the afternoon rush. It only fully came back to service this morning.

To put it simply, saddening and horrible are only understatements of what happened for the rest of Tuesday and most of Wednesday. It just underscores why the preventative policies regarding quality of life worked under Giuliani and Bratton as the (NYCT) Authority was coming back from decades of neglect due to the City's deferred maintenance of key sectors stemming from the three former rapid transit railroads (the IRT being the most affected) and the surface division for most of the 70's and early 80's. It was later during that time where Gunn came into the picture to fix those rapid transit railroads (the premier one being the IRT) including the surface division.

Edited by 4 via Mosholu
Forgot that it wasn't a question regarding what happened with the W.

16 minutes ago, 4 via Mosholu said:

More than thirty trains were vandalized across Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens; it affected the entire Grand Concourse and a portion of Central Park West, Sixth Avenue, and Queens Boulevard. The entire BMT South (West End, Brighton, Sea Beach, Culver) was almost kneecapped by the vandalism that happened which caused massive delays there, especially on the entire BMT North by way of the (W) train, which is staffed as part of the (N) train. It was officially decommissioned at around 7pm on Tuesday as earlier in the afternoon rush around 6:30pm, they weren't sending any out of Whitehall according to one (W) train crew member upon seeing four smashed windows in one car on a vandalized (W) train set that came to the middle track out of Ditmars. That (W) train was taken out of service and he just sat in the tower/crew quarter that they had, since it was a sudden event that happened. Any other (W) trains that came down to Whitehall from Ditmars were also taken out of service since vandals straight up shut down the entire (W) train. There were just very few (W) trains to even send out of Whitehall since the vandalism north of there was so widespread. The (W) train itself did not come back to service until about 5pm yesterday in the middle of the afternoon rush. It only fully came back to service this morning.

No way was this an isolated incident where it was one small group of people positioned at one station. From the tweets that were sent out that day, there were damaged trains like you said, all over, and trains were removed from service all over. How NYCT was able to move equipment around to make sure only the (W) was suspended in order to make service on the other lines since all stops on the line are serviced by at least one other line makes me wonder if the vandalism incidents were really focused in one area more heavily than others from the perspective of necessity of policing in that clearly understaffed area. 
I know from seeing vandalized trains in the past that when trains are stored in “storage areas” not in the subway yards, it’s easier for vandals to get access to the trains, such as City Hall lower level, tail tracks at the ends of underground lines, loops. I’m surprised these incidents haven’t happened widespread on the Brooklyn Bridge or Bowling Green loop, since passengers I think are allowed to ride the train as it loops back

On 9/13/2023 at 1:26 PM, RTOMan said:

The funny thing is they prob already know who these vandals are...

Knowing them they posted it online or in group chats...

All they need is to catch one of em..

Most of those come from ig. There are some fair weather foamers that also part of that group who smashed windows on the R46/R68 cars. If I catch them, I’m hauling them in. Idc if you’re related 

6 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

Most of those come from ig. There are some fair weather foamers that also part of that group who smashed windows on the R46/R68 cars. If I catch them, I’m hauling them in. Idc if you’re related 

Once a loser always a loser..

Basically as i said those types are destined for food service or retail industry..

If they can hold those jobs...

Vandalism on the R46 cars was said to be done by “Conquestors”. Conquestors are fake transit fans who mostly stand at the rear or the front of the platform depending on where the train is heading. These people are considered dangerous and unfriendly. They will attempt to do destruct and vandalize cars until they get their way. And so far, it’s not working in their favor. And they’re about to get sent a harsh message by authorities. 

I’m late to the discussion somewhat but I find it disgusting that smashing windows is the only things these kids can think of doing nowadays. Whatever happened to doing normal kid activities like chilling at the mall with friends, after school programs or just laying low at home and playing video games? 

The MTA wants to do a full investigation of this incident but my question is what is the end goal? The way that the city has been handling crime is honestly a joke to me. A lot of youth these days don’t have any guidance and instead of teaching these kids a lesson they get a slap on the wrist and then they go out and do more crazy stuff. This is why places like NYC, San Francisco, LA and etc are on a decline. I would be mad if I was one of those people who had somewhere to be but was late because some mentally unbalanced kids decided to vandalize stuff. That’s why we need that 90s style crime crackdown in our city today. A lot of people would think it’s harsh but if deviant behaviors don’t get corrected it’s going to be the Wild Wild West out here pretty soon . 

1 hour ago, FLX9304 said:

Vandalism on the R46 cars was said to be done by “Conquestors”. Conquestors are fake transit fans who mostly stand at the rear or the front of the platform depending on where the train is heading. These people are considered dangerous and unfriendly. They will attempt to do destruct and vandalize cars until they get their way. And so far, it’s not working in their favor. And they’re about to get sent a harsh message by authorities. 

Oh and there are some folks right here on this site who know exactly who those clowns are too..

7 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

I’m late to the discussion somewhat but I find it disgusting that smashing windows is the only things these kids can think of doing nowadays. Whatever happened to doing normal kid activities like chilling at the mall with friends, after school programs or just laying low at home and playing video games? 

The MTA wants to do a full investigation of this incident but my question is what is the end goal? The way that the city has been handling crime is honestly a joke to me. A lot of youth these days don’t have any guidance and instead of teaching these kids a lesson they get a slap on the wrist and then they go out and do more crazy stuff. This is why places like NYC, San Francisco, LA and etc are on a decline. I would be mad if I was one of those people who had somewhere to be but was late because some mentally unbalanced kids decided to vandalize stuff. That’s why we need that 90s style crime crackdown in our city today. A lot of people would think it’s harsh but if deviant behaviors don’t get corrected it’s going to be the Wild Wild West out here pretty soon . 

Actually there have been in the past a few arrests when it comes to these loser kiddie vandals but records have been sealed due to their age.

Yet those arrest reports somehow found their way online...

The internet is forever...

59 minutes ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

Nowadays, they use social media sites  (2) track down on people. All they gotta do is

s

c

r

o

l

l

until they find what they’re looking (4). Once they get that, that’s where the “Aha! I got you” moment gets in. 

Edited by FLX9304

9 hours ago, NewFlyer 230 said:

That '90s style crime crackdown would likely now lead to massive lawsuits against the city by advocates for minorities and so forth.  What Giuliani did when he was mayor from 1993-2001 would never fly today because of that.  

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

That '90s style crime crackdown would likely now lead to massive lawsuits against the city by advocates for minorities and so forth.  What Giuliani did when he was mayor from 1993-2001 would never fly today because of that.  

It won’t work because people are just soft these days, the tactics work, it’s just the people

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

That’s because today, some ppl think that they’re entitled to whatever. It doesn’t work at all

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I'm sure that I'm older than you and most posters but we had the Transit Police riding the system overnight before Rudy G was elected. NYTP rode trains, especially in the IRT from the Bronx to Brooklyn nightly. We also had a Vandals Squad that concentrated on the train yards that dealt with the " no talent artists ". I'm personally offended by your insinuation that minority leaders actually support these criminals. My opinion. Carry on.