Question about (C) train

trainspot12

The slants are on the C. Saw two of them on the C going towards Euclid. The A doesn't have any more R40M/R42 from what I saw. The R38 is now on the A.

The slopes are on the (C)

Wait Wait Wait WAIT!

So does this mean that all the R40/42s from the (A)lan Line is being transfered to the ©hucky train? Cuz the (C) i posted:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6756

Had an (A) roll sign in the (A) cab ends

The slopes are on the (C)

Wait Wait Wait WAIT!

So does this mean that all the R40/42s from the (A)lan Line is being transfered to the ©hucky train? Cuz the (C) i posted:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6756

Had an (A) roll sign in the (A) cab ends

I hope not! The Slants and R42 might be shared by both (A) and (C).

I feel the R-38 should be on the (C) til' thier end, the (C) is their home train like the R-32 on their home train of (E)...

It has to be on the (A), because it is the retirement process. They have to be taken to the deathyard via Dyckman. They are not going to turn trains in and around 168th so that they could go to Dyckman. It's not going to work. So yea, they have to be on the (A).

Well, it won't be like a big problem... LOLz, just put (C) reverse, and (C) forward and turn on-to express and to 207 St. Yard! Not a big problem, :D!

Yeah but, the reality is, the R38s are now on the (A), no longer on the (C). It can't be back simply cause we want it back. It is already done and given its life expectancy, it will not be undone.

Based on the track map, technically, a (C) could easily access the deathyard. Given the fact that the (C) will terminate on the same platform as the uptown (A), it will switch to the uptown track. Similarly, a train heading out of 207th could go on the (C), it will switch onto the local track south of the 168th Street Station. But, as I said, fact is fact. They are there now.

It has to be on the (A), because it is the retirement process. They have to be taken to the deathyard via Dyckman. They are not going to turn trains in and around 168th so that they could go to Dyckman. It's not going to work. So yea, they have to be on the (A).

So let me get this straight, all cars that are getting canned make their final run on the (A) and then go to their deaths? (not to make it sound horrible :D)

Wow

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

It's not like there's some sort of barrier between 168th and 207th. There are already ©'s that lay up in 207th after dropping out normally at 168 after the end of their tour. (Not to mention that the (C) is considered officially assigned to 207th; while the (A) is Pitkin).

Besides; many cars waiting disposal are stored at Concourse Yard first (someone's pictures showed a bunch of 32's there, and last year there were CI 42's from the (A)). That requires a doubling back somewhere to get to 207th.

they already started placing R40, R40M and R42's on the (C). i took an R42 on the (C) train on Thursday afternoon. it felt a lil weird but it was ok.

its weird seeing R40, R40M and R42 on the (A)(C), and R42's on the (E).

Weird, but true.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

It's not like there's some sort of barrier between 168th and 207th. There are already ©'s that lay up in 207th after dropping out normally at 168 after the end of their tour. (Not to mention that the (C) is considered officially assigned to 207th; while the (A) is Pitkin).

Besides; many cars waiting disposal are stored at Concourse Yard first (someone's pictures showed a bunch of 32's there, and last year there were CI 42's from the (A)). That requires a doubling back somewhere to get to 207th.

Yeah, there are a bunch of Phase 2s at Concourse. I see them everyday en route to school. Regarding moves, I think they send the trains down the express track to tracks between the expresses and the locals at Homeball Alley (around 135th Street), sit them there, then are taken to the deathyard via the (A) line.

Just one Currection Pitkin Yd belongs to the (C) Line and 207 YD belongs to the (A) Line. However Pitkin works on the R44's and 207YD works on the R38 so I can see the confusion. I worked 207YD a whole lot.

Maybe a long time ago; but unless they changed it back, in recent years, the (A) is Pitkin, and the (C) is 207th.

I know that the R42 ran on the (A) sinice 2007.

Archived