How would you feel?

NYtransit

as you now the MTA is in bad dept and im gonna ask you,how would you feel if the (Q)ran broadway local because the (W) line got removed,and got extended toward Astoria (god knows when),and the (V) got removed, and the (E) ran local at queens,and the R44 will live longer.how would that

I won't be ecstatic about it, but I'll learn to live, I guess. As long as something comes that can take me from 59th/Lex to 57th/7th, I'll be quite content.

Yeah, they're called legs. They once got me from South Ferry to Queensbridge. :(

Well, (R) could take the (W) cars and have more service or (N) run local... (E) and (Q) running local isn't good, the (E) is local in Queens Co. and (Q) is local in Kings Co. So (N) local is better. (V) is basically very like the (W)... The (V) is an alternate to the (F) as the (W) is an alternate to the ®/(N)...

The (R) wouldn't really be able to use sets from the (W) because the (R) is assigned to Jamaica while the (W) is assigned to Coney Island. It'll be smarter to run the (N) local, and I actually like the "temporary" idea of the (Q) to Astoria. I doubt they'll make the (N) via Whitehall, but do not be surprised if that'll be the case since no stops that the (N) would make via Manhattan Bridge are skipped, you'll just have quite a few stops added.

The (E) is local in Manhattan btw, but is also local in Queens late nights only.

I know the (E) is local, since I am a Queens Blvd. Line Rider... The (W) cars can go on the (R), it is no problem move it on the (R). Just run the train up from CI Yards and you got it on the (R)!

Its not as easy as sending any ol' set like nothing, no, its a process, thats going to take abit of time.

The (R) wouldn't really be able to use sets from the (W) because the (R) is assigned to Jamaica while the (W) is assigned to Coney Island. It'll be smarter to run the (N) local, and I actually like the "temporary" idea of the (Q) to Astoria. I doubt they'll make the (N) via Whitehall, but do not be surprised if that'll be the case since no stops that the (N) would make via Manhattan Bridge are skipped, you'll just have quite a few stops added.

The (E) is local in Manhattan btw, but is also local in Queens late nights only.

I also like the idea for a 'new' (Q) extension to Astoria.:cool:

I know the (E) is local, since I am a Queens Blvd. Line Rider... The (W) cars can go on the (R), it is no problem move it on the (R). Just run the train up from CI Yards and you got it on the (R)!
The R doesn't run out of the Coney Island Yard.

I know Julio! But the (W) cars can be added to the (R) fleet... Since the (R) has very low amount of cars running...

No it does not. The (R) has what it needs for the service and headways its running.

Like I said, its not as easy as BAM, send a set to Jamaica for them to use on the (R). No! Its a process.

It doesn't have to be Jamaica, 36th Street can be the start and when the (W)'s cars on the (R) gets to Forest Hills it can return downtown and do the cycle!

But then that disrupts continuity. It's much simpler to keep one line out of one yard.

Besides, from 71/Continental the (R) has direct access into Jamaica, but has no direct access to CI from anywhere in Brooklyn. That's the reason why they moved the northern terminal from Astoria to Forest Hills back in the 90s, to give the (R) direct yard access. We've told you this before. It ain't gonna happen. If anything, IF the (G) moves to CI the (R) could get those cars.

First people is complaining that the Jamaica Yard is full. Second they siad put the cars in Coney Island Yard. Third they are saying it disrupts continuity.

Now, I would say put some of the (W) cars in Jamaica Yard and some in Coney Island yard. So the (R) won't have such low service! Enough with it or I'll quack it out!

The (R) is fine the way it is. No need to increase service yet.

Again, Jamaica Yard is completely full. There's nowhere to put the extra cars.

Besides, you also have track capacity to think about. Increased service on the (R)? The reason that they removed the (G) from Queens Blvd service is because "the QBL corridor has reached full track capacity." If this is true, there's no room to put extra trains because the line simply can't handle them.

Quack it out? You've been putting up the same argument with the same reasons and no justification other than increased service ever since you first said "put the (W)'s cars on the (R)." Dude, it's not just about what you think is right. It's also about what can feasibly be done, and this really can't without some major reorganization which will take too much time and effort.

1.The (MTA) can discontinue the (V) and (W) since extra service is not needed at all.

2. After the (MTA) discontinue the (V) then they can rexetend the (G) to Forest Hills-71 Avenue all times and get the cars back to 8 eight car that (V) stole.

3. After the (MTA) discontinue the (W) then have (N) run local all times in Mahattan and via Montague Street Tunnel making all stops.

4. After the (MTA) discontinue the (V) reroute also have the (F) rerouted back to the 53rd street tunnel.

5. After the (MTA) discontinue the (V) also have the (:) reouted over the 63rd street tunnel and extend the (B) to 21 Street-Queensbridge all times and during rush hour extend the (B) to Jamica 179 Street and running express between 21 Street-Queensbridge and Jamaica-179 Street and the (E) limited rush hour trip to/from jamiaica 179 street should be eliminated and replaced by the (B).

6. Extending the (Q) to Astoria Ditmars Blvd is a great idea but the (Q) will still run express on the Broadway line.

7. The R44 will be replaced by the R179 when they are 40 years old and retire in 2014.

8. The still runs local during (E) run local during late nights only.

9. The still is (R) can be late night shuttle and they can keep it.

that's all.

1.The (MTA) can discontinue the (V) and (W) since extra service is not needed at all.

2. After the (MTA) discontinue the (V) then they can rexetend the (G) to Forest Hills-71 Avenue all times and get the cars back to 8 eight car that (V) stole.

3. After the (MTA) discontinue the (W) then have (N) run local all times in Mahattan and via Montague Street Tunnel making all stops.

4. After the (MTA) discontinue the (V) reroute also have the (F) rerouted back to the 53rd street tunnel.

5. After the (MTA) discontinue the (V) also have the (:) reouted over the 63rd street tunnel and extend the (B) to 21 Street-Queensbridge all times and during rush hour extend the (B) to Jamica 179 Street and running express between 21 Street-Queensbridge and Jamaica-179 Street and the (E) limited rush hour trip to/from jamiaica 179 street should be eliminated and replaced by the (B).

6. Extending the (Q) to Astoria Ditmars Blvd is a great idea but the (Q) will still run express on the Broadway line.

7. The R44 will be replaced by the R179 when they are 40 years old and retire in 2014.

8. (E) run local during late nights only.

9. The (R) can be late night shuttle still.

that's all.

#1. The (W) needed the extra service via Broadway and Astoria

#2. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

#3. BS....(MTA) dislikes their express routes

#4. NOT GOING 2 HAPPEN

#5. The (B) can run via 53rd Street....leave the (F) just where it is

#6. You get half a point of that

#7. The R46's will also get replaced by the R179's

#8 and 9. They have been doing that for a long time now

Those two are already implemented. That's normal service for late nights.

I must do my research for the rest of them.

I know but I forgot to put already does and still be kept.

#1. The (W) needed the extra service via Broadway and Astoria

#2. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

#3. BS....(MTA) dislikes their express routes

#4. NOT GOING 2 HAPPEN

#5. The (B) can run via 53rd Street....leave the (F) just where it is

#6. You get half a point of that

#7. The R46's will also get replaced by the R179's

#8 and 9. They have been doing that for a long time now

I couldn't agree with you more! :)!

1. Well Im not the (W) train rider to much but I sometimes ride the (W) but mostly the (R) train i ride.

2.I know its not going to happen it was my idea.

3. No comment

4. I know it not going to happen too but that was my idea too.

5. Okay maybe the (B) can run during rush hours on the 53rd street tunnel instead of the 63rd street tunnel and leave where the (F) it is.

6.no comment.

7. I bet there will be addtinoal R179 to replace R46 also and the R46 will retire in 2015 or so.

8/9 I know that been happening a long time ago but I forgot to say keep the (E) and (R) were it is and forgot to say it already happens but at least keep.

Archived