Transit Pass

Joe

Pink is for a half fare for disabled and yellow is for senior citizens reduced fare pass.

Yes it's for gender Blue for Female red for Male

All above is correct......

They really should make one for the trans gender (not transsexuals who are officially male or female), so I could get a good laugh.........

Hmm... my dad is a retired Bus Driver, and he has a white card with yellow lettering. Is that just the old style?

I know he complains he can't use his card on the Q35, and the B100, so MTA NYCT folks apparently can't use their cards on MTA Bus. Wonder if the reverse is true? Must stink for those drivers.

It's not secure at all, but it works like a school pass. If reported stolen or missing, it has a tracking number so it can be canceled and soled to some dope on Ebay. I'm not sure if the officer pays a replacement fee, but in todays NYPD I would think so.

It's not secure at all, but it works like a school pass. If reported stolen or missing, it has a tracking number so it can be canceled and soled to some dope on Ebay. I'm not sure if the officer pays a replacement fee, but in todays NYPD I would think so.

I doubt if they pay a replacement fee. Those cards aren't assigned to a specific person they just put a box of them on the table and they take what they want. All of the transit cops I know entire families have these passes.

Hmm... my dad is a retired Bus Driver, and he has a white card with yellow lettering. Is that just the old style?

I know he complains he can't use his card on the Q35, and the B100, so MTA NYCT folks apparently can't use their cards on MTA Bus. Wonder if the reverse is true? Must stink for those drivers.

Our NYCTA/MaBSTOA Metrocards (aka Epic pass), do not work on LIB, MTA Bus, or Westchester Bee-Line, even though they all have Metrocard fareboxes. Same is Vice-Versa. Each pass is to ride their own system, but most do honor each other in the DOB, especially MTA Bus and NYCTA........

Can you use the passes whenever you want? Or is it just to get to and from the yard?

Also, does it get reduced fare on express buses if you work for DOB?

Use it anytime you want(just not on days you have reported in sick). No free rides on the express buses though. If the driver is nice, he/she will let you ride for free.

Another interesting thing is that bus operators on the OA will always let you pass just by flashing the pass, but on the TA side most of them force you to swipe the card. In the past OA employees were able to get id pass for their spouses(green version), which can only be used on buses and not trains.

What I don't get is why a MTA employee can't get free rides on all MTA buses,trains,bridges and tunnels?

What I don't get is why a MTA employee can't get free rides on all MTA buses,trains,bridges and tunnels?

The MTA doesn't want to lose all of that revenue. A HUGE percentage of MTA employees don't live in the 5 boroughs because it is to expensive.

I was wondering how long your commute is each way on average. 2 hrs more or less? Are there people that you know at work who have a longer commute to work than you do Dave?

I know a female that lives in Philly and another that lives in Baltimore. Alot of the really long commuters stay in the city most nights.

My Drive time depend on speed and traffic conditions most of the time from PA to Manhattan its 1HR 20 Min PA to QNS 1HR 45 Min Bkyn PA to S/O Bklyn 2HRS N/O Bklyn 2 HR 15 Min Rockaways 2 Hr 30 Min. If its a bad day you can add 30 to 45 Minutes to it. I give myself anywhere 2 to 3 Hours traval time pending where I am going.

I meet a few Commuter and sometime we even talk about our driving experances who commute from Long Island, NJ,PA.

Even with some of the long commute times its still don't stop me from picking lines far out just for a change of pace. Those T/O behind me are always on the toes because I don't stay in one spot.

I know a female that lives in Philly and another that lives in Baltimore. Alot of the really long commuters stay in the city most nights.

Yeah that would make sense as long as the place you are staying at is cheap,with family or friends. Going from Baltimore to NYC you are probably better off taking Amtrak rather than driving.

My Drive time depend on speed and traffic conditions most of the time from PA to Manhattan its 1HR 20 Min PA to QNS 1HR 45 Min Bkyn PA to S/O Bklyn 2HRS N/O Bklyn 2 HR 15 Min Rockaways 2 Hr 30 Min. If its a bad day you can add 30 to 45 Minutes to it. I give myself anywhere 2 to 3 Hours traval time pending where I am going.

I meet a few Commuter and sometime we even talk about our driving experances who commute from Long Island, NJ,PA.

Even with some of the long commute times its still don't stop me from picking lines far out just for a change of pace. Those T/O behind me are always on the toes because I don't stay in one spot.

Not too bad,but I figured going to the Rockaways would take the longest. It has to get tiring after awhile. I bet trying to stay awake is the hardest part,but I am sure you are used to it by now. You probably have 2 cars just in case one of them isn't driveable for whatever reason.

Archived