Is Brooklyn going to get Orion 7 NG?

B41

Brooklyn will get NG's, the depots that will get them are....

Flatbush (Currenty, six buses are already there)

Ulmer park

Fresh pond

Grand ave

I don't think ENY and Gleason are getting any but I could be wrong though.

If these buses show up at Flatbush and Grand Avenue, will East New York and Jackie Gleason be receiving their hybrids respectively? Thats the only other thing that I might enjoy envisioning.

Personally, I cannot see Flatbush putting their bid in for these buses. Grand Avenue either. Honestly, can you imagine one of those things on the B47 or the B51 or the B61 for that matter? Talk about NG suicide (case of the B61)!!!!!

To this, I'll say that I hope the hell not. Let the 1990-1991 TMC's stay in Brooklyn and send that shit to Queens and the Bronx.

I Agree!!

If these buses show up at Flatbush and Grand Avenue, will East New York and Jackie Gleason be receiving their hybrids respectively? Thats the only other thing that I might enjoy envisioning.

Personally, I cannot see Flatbush putting their bid in for these buses. Grand Avenue either. Honestly, can you imagine one of those things on the B47 or the B51 or the B61 for that matter? Talk about NG suicide (case of the B61)!!!!!

I don't think gleason will get hybrids anytime soon, the C40LF won't need to retire for another two to three years(Unless they get new CNG tanks, then they could run for much longer). I don't think flatbush depot mangenment can control what type of buses the MTA gives them, I could be wrong.

You think NG's on the B47/B61 is bad?!?!?! Imagine them on the B41/44/B46!!! Seen an RTS today on the B41 people was standing in the front staircase.

I Agree!!

I don't think gleason will get hybrids anytime soon, the C40LF won't need to retire for another two to three years(Unless they get new CNG tanks, then they could run for much longer). I don't think flatbush depot mangenment can control what type of buses the MTA gives them, I could be wrong.

You think NG's on the B47/B61 is bad?!?!?! Imagine them on the B41/44/B46!!! Seen an RTS today on the B41 people was standing in the front staircase.

For the first comment, I hope GA and FP give up their hybrids in favor of these buses going to JG and ENY. Just as long as the 1991 TMCs stay put for the time being. (Although I know what their fate is if these buses even show their faces in BKlyn at anytime.

As for the last comment, the B61 is the real threat here, as is the powerhorses at Flatbush (yes the routes you mentioned). And possibly even the B49 as it goes from Southeast to Northwest in Brooklyn? Have you seen the B61 during rush hours and how far it has to travel under the circumstances? In honesty, I do think the New Flyers were getting creamed on this route and had to switch to this depot. At least if these buses get the new technology, as does Grand Avenue, I won't feel that bad about the B47 having moved to Grand Avenue from Flatbush. They will still have the same type of bus, similar in numbers, no doubt.

Ultimately, GA can do whatever they want as long as the TMCs stay put...or Flatbush can give all of their TMCs to Grand Avenue so that I can have a fair chance of catching all or most of them. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Thank you for riding with MTA NYC Transit.

Brooklyn will get NG's, the depots that will get them are....

Flatbush (Currenty, six buses are already there)

Ulmer park

Fresh pond

Grand ave

I don't think ENY and Gleason are getting any but I could be wrong though.

Well I don't think Fresh Pond or Grand Ave will get NG because they already have hybrids.

There are 6 of them currently at Flatbush. All the operators are training on them. MJ Quill has 2 so far. They will be getting more in the coming months. Over the next 5 years, the RTS buses will be phased out in favor of Hybrids. As it stands now, the average age of the RTS fleet is between 10 and 14 years old. The Hybrids will drastically reduce the cost of the diesel fuel that it takes to run them. The only vendor that the Transit Authority has now has raised their price to triple what it was on their last contract. All of the depots will be getting the new buses as the RTS fleet goes to the Eastchester Depot to be scrapped. I was told that the manufacturer of the Articulated buses is out of business so, TA will be hard pressed to do anything but put more Orions into service. I was also told by an Assistant General Superintendant that the partitions will be installed in all new buses. Problems with operators being claustrophobic will have to be overcome by the individuals. Safety for the operators is taking priority. There is no opposition from the TWU.(MTA)

I was told that the manufacturer of the Articulated buses is out of business so, TA will be hard pressed to do anything but put more Orions into service.(MTA)

Huh, the articulated buses are New Flyer and they have not gone out of business (if that's the company you are talking about) or are you talking about something else?

Well I don't think Fresh Pond or Grand Ave will get NG because they already have hybrids.

I don't know how that could affect these depots if they decide to give up their 8500s to Ulmer Park or Flatbush Depots, which they seem to be doing at the current moment.

Besides, under those guidelines, East New York would not be eligible for these shitheads either because they just received the 2007 Hybrids last year.

Also, the article on Wikipedia says that these buses are slated to replace anything older than the year 1996, so... We'll have to just wait and see whatv the developments say here.

I don't know how that could affect these depots if they decide to give up their 8500s to Ulmer Park or Flatbush Depots, which they seem to be doing at the current moment.

Besides, under those guidelines, East New York would not be eligible for these shitheads either because they just received the 2007 Hybrids last year.

Also, the article on Wikipedia says that these buses are slated to replace anything older than the year 1996, so... We'll have to just wait and see whatv the developments say here.

Well UPK don't have 8500s; they're at Flatbush.

P.S. Wikipedia is a unreliable source.

There are 6 of them currently at Flatbush. All the operators are training on them. MJ Quill has 2 so far. They will be getting more in the coming months. Over the next 5 years, the RTS buses will be phased out in favor of Hybrids. As it stands now, the average age of the RTS fleet is between 10 and 14 years old. The Hybrids will drastically reduce the cost of the diesel fuel that it takes to run them. The only vendor that the Transit Authority has now has raised their price to triple what it was on their last contract. All of the depots will be getting the new buses as the RTS fleet goes to the Eastchester Depot to be scrapped. I was told that the manufacturer of the Articulated buses is out of business so, TA will be hard pressed to do anything but put more Orions into service. I was also told by an Assistant General Superintendant that the partitions will be installed in all new buses. Problems with operators being claustrophobic will have to be overcome by the individuals. Safety for the operators is taking priority. There is no opposition from the TWU.(MTA)

New flyer(The artic builders) is still is business. Sucks that ALL of the RTS will be retired over the next five years, your the second B/O I heard say this so it must be true. The way its going the whole MTA bus fleet will be MCI and Orion (The C40LF will be retired in the next two to three years as well sadly). I hope they give the C40LF new CNG tanks so they last a bit longer.

staten island had rts going back to 1982 when i was going to high school from 2001 to 2005.

RTS bus fleet between 2001 to 2005 i remember when i went to high school

bus 3901 year 1985

bus 3949 year 1985

bus 4893 and 30 or so more with that numberd high or low

year 1986 some of there had the tape signal stop ripped off because of school trips

bus 8099 we had 90 or more below or above this number

year 1990

then we got the rebuilt buses in 2004 they go back to 1982 rtses they hand coushin seats

7041~7049 year 1982

orions

we had some from 1993

123 orion year 1993

124 orion year 1993

125 orion year 1993

126 orion year 1993

127 orion year 1993

these buses had coushin seats also but the seats were in bad shape ripped up when u hit the coushin seats with ur had the dust would fly out

those buses were in yukon depot

casalten depot had orions

some 1995 orions

between 473 to 504 numberd orions year 1995

1993 orions

136 coushin seats also

these buses had coushin seats also but the seats were in bad shape ripped up when u hit the coushin seats with ur hand the dust would fly out.

Well UPK don't have 8500s; they're at Flatbush.

P.S. Wikipedia is a unreliable source.

Ulmer Park has 8518-8525, unless I am to be mistaken. The three depots that have the 1993 TMCs are Flatbush Avenue, Grand Avenue, and Ulmer Park, all of which off from GA which had 8518-8562 when the depot first opened and later the front of the order declined and moved to UP and then they started going to the MHV and FbA depots.

Also, if wikipedia has some of the facts about these buses, then why should we not believe that it has all of the facts straight? Even if they do not all replace the older fleet at once, they will start to phase them out in favor of bulls*** New Generation Hybrids

Ulmer Park has 8518-8525, unless I am to be mistaken. The three depots that have the 1993 TMCs are Flatbush Avenue, Grand Avenue, and Ulmer Park, all of which off from GA which had 8518-8562 when the depot first opened and later the front of the order declined and moved to UP and then they started going to the MHV and FbA depots.

Also, if wikipedia has some of the facts about these buses, then why should we not believe that it has all of the facts straight? Even if they do not all replace the older fleet at once, they will start to phase them out in favor of bulls*** New Generation Hybrids

As of right now: ULMER PARK does not have ANY 85xx buses.

I mean the group with 8518-8536. here are the following depots with the group of those buses.

MANHATTANVILLE has 8518-8523

GRAND AVE has 8524, 8525, 8527, 8529, 8530, 8533-8535.

FLATBUSH has 8526, 8528, 8531-8532, 8536.

Now with flatbush having hybrids, those 85xx buses could be going back to GRAND AVENUE any day or any week.

*Please do remember that wikipedia is not an ACCURATE SOURCE*.

No UPK does not have 85xx, most of them went to FLA like Future B/O said.

Archived