Student Metro Card for Express Bus?

mark1447

On MTABus express buses you may use a student card on school days during valid hours listed on the card, plus $2.50.(NYCT)

why 2.50?

So does this mean I need my student card + a regular card to get in =|?

wow is the (MTA) soooooo cheap grrr!

I think express buses accept student Metrocard. Some Express Bus routes run only during the school days so Student Metrocards can be used on the Exp. Buses, however, I haven't seen a student board any such bus.

X32, stops across Bronx Science. I have to ask my friends on the bus if they need to pay anything. The school says you need to pay cash..

yes tou may use your student metrocard on the express buses, it's free. half fare student metrocards are for kids who live less than 1 mile from the school. if you're taking an express bus to school obviously you live more than 1 mile from your school.

but im getting confused, someone says its free, others sayings itf free but with $2.50.. which is it? and if we do have to pay $2.50 is it with metro card or coins? and why

and the MTA should provide this info on there site...

but im getting confused, someone says its free, others sayings itf free but with $2.50.. which is it? and if we do have to pay $2.50 is it with metro card or coins? and why

It might have to do with the route. I take the QM16 to and from school because the bridge keeps on opening on the (A) and I don't feel like taking the train. I never paid and I always use a student metrocard. But this is also MTA Bus.

It might be the NYCT routes that you have to pay $2.50, although its stupid because you only paying $4.50 and with that coins would be better.

Unless it's changed, this is how it goes. I've done this before:

MTA NYCT express buses, you pay 5 bucks even if you have a student card. This means you need either coins or another metrocard.

MTA Bus express buses: You dip your student metro in, then pay 2.50 in coins. If you don't pay, I think it's the driver, because the students on the BM1 paid when I went on it.

half fare= you must pay 2.50$ but you can use it up to 6 times a day

full fare= you can ride it for free,but you can only use it 3 times a day

sadly i got a half fare,hopfully once i get into a Manhattan high school,i get full fare

half fare= you must pay 2.50$ but you can use it up to 6 times a day

full fare= you can ride it for free,but you can only use it 3 times a day

sadly i got a half fare,hopfully once i get into a Manhattan high school,i get full fare

i know, I have a full fare metro cars, and always have lol

evem when i use to live in harlem and the skool was 2 blocks from me, i tricked them for a metrocard lol

now i live in the bronx, and attend skool in the Hamilitons of Manhattan, and i still got full fare. If i got full fare and wanna ride an express bus in the bronx, like the BxM10 at E180th street to downtown, do i need to pay still?

Guest Charles

Actually, I think either way it depends on the driver. I've taken MTA Bus and MTA NYCT express bus routes. I've been allowed to pass for free or pay the $2.50

X32, stops across Bronx Science. I have to ask my friends on the bus if they need to pay anything. The school says you need to pay cash..

You pay 5 bucks either in change or with a regular metrocard and its annoying. The whole point of the X32 is for HS students so our metrocards should work on the bus.

On MTA Bus you swipe the student metrocard and put in 2.50. I do it when I take the QM1A.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived