D,F,N,Q lines

B41

I remember back in the summer of 1997, I caught an R32 D train (and i think it was using only eight cars) on my way home from Herald Square. That was the only time I saw it, though, because the following fall, the (:rolleyes: and (Q6) swapped cars. Back then, there was an occasional R32 that ran on the (:D, so I saw that on the (Q6) after the switcheroo a few times before all Coney Island R32s were moved to the (N) in 1998.

not the 80's. The 80's they used R40 Slants, some R40M's and R42 cars and later the R68/R68As

In the '70's & '80's a correction. The R44's also was used on the D too in the late 1970's.

By the mid '80's, The (D)used mainly R42's and 40m's with occasionally the slants. During the Manhattan Bridge rehab in the mid 1980's that closed the 6th Ave tracks, since most of the slants were based in CI Yards, the Broadway(D)now the (Q)used them. In the early 1980's some R32's would also run on the (D).

While the Concourse yards had almost all R40m's and 42's until the 68(a)'s fully arrived by early 1989.

I remember back in the summer of 1997, I caught an R32 D train (and i think it was using only eight cars) on my way home from Herald Square. That was the only time I saw it, though, because the following fall, the (:rolleyes: and (Q6) swapped cars. Back then, there was an occasional R32 that ran on the (:D, so I saw that on the (Q6) after the switcheroo a few times before all Coney Island R32s were moved to the (N) in 1998.

Actually the (:D & (Q6) swapped cars in April of 1997, and you are correct. I remember catching a glimpse of an R32 (Q6) at 34 St, in the late 90s.

So far the R68 has never appeared on the (F). What about a possibility of seeing R160 cars running on all the Coney Island bound lines (D)(F)(N)(Q)? That would be something, although the (D) won't get them soon, since the R68's continue to roll on the (D)

So far the R68 has never appeared on the (F). What about a possibility of seeing R160 cars running on all the Coney Island bound lines (D)(F)(N)(Q)? That would be something, although the (D) won't get them soon, since the R68's continue to roll on the (D)

The R68 has appeared on the (F) in the 1980s. I rode in it a few times as an (F). But, the (F) isn't Brighton, I like the R68 as Brighton trains. Maybe good on (A) too out in Far Rock. The (A) could use upgrading.

I'm thinking, though, they need some TLC, especially the R68s. The 68 As seem better but both seem to have a bit of rusting on their fronts, dings and dents in their silver walls inside, and some have frosty windows.

Love them on the (Q). And they seem to be in the majority lately.

As for 160s, they are coming to the (F). May be awhile before the (D) runs NTTs as the 179s are rumored to go on the (A)(E)? (F)(R)(G)? (C)? (T)?

The R68 has appeared on the (F) in the 1980s. I rode in it a few times as an (F). But, the (F) isn't Brighton, I like the R68 as Brighton trains. Maybe good on (A) too out in Far Rock. The (A) could use upgrading.

I'm thinking, though, they need some TLC, especially the R68s. The 68 As seem better but both seem to have a bit of rusting on their fronts, dings and dents in their silver walls inside, and some have frosty windows.

As for 160s, they are coming to the (F). May be awhile before the (D) runs NTTs as the 179s are rumored to go on the (A)(E)? (F)(R)(G)? (C)? (T)?

Cool, the anticipation of the R179 continues. The R68 and R68A's are good on the (N) and (Q). I'd like to see an R68A back on the (D) too.

I'd hop to NYCSubway.org for pix... Or if you know one please post it here... The (F) with the R-68 must be interesting! And yup R-68 needs some XTLC!

Yup, it rolls on and R-68 is best for Brighton and (N) and (D) trains...

Haven't found one of when it was in service but here's one at the yard. It was only in service for a few months on the (F) before it was removed.

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?64344

Actually the (-_- & (Q6) swapped cars in April of 1997, and you are correct. I remember catching a glimpse of an R32 (Q6) at 34 St, in the late 90s.

no, it could not have. i remember during the summer of 1997, i went to summer school in flushing and the (Q6) was still using R68As with an occasional R68 that had the old <Q> signs. it was not until October of 97 that the (Q6) started using R40s and R32s. the current (Q) used R32s after September 11th and during the last half of 2004.

Haven't found one of when it was in service but here's one at the yard. It was only in service for a few months on the (F) before it was removed.

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?64344

that train was never in service. it was just a rollsign error. this is very common in railyards

no, it could not have. i remember during the summer of 1997, i went to summer school in flushing and the (Q6) was still using R68As with an occasional R68 that had the old <Q> signs. it was not until October of 97 that the (Q6) started using R40s and R32s. the current (Q) used R32s after September 11th and during the last half of 2004.

that train was never in service. it was just a rollsign error. this is very common in railyards

Perhaps you caught the last leg of the the transfer. Im 110% sure that the swap took place in April of 1997.

This train was signed up as an (F) in Coney Island Yard for the Open-House rodeo. It never saw service.

Perhaps you caught the last leg of the the transfer. Im 110% sure that the swap took place in April of 1997.

This train was signed up as an (F) in Coney Island Yard for the Open-House rodeo. It never saw service.

maybe the transfer happened gradually because i remember i still R68As on the (Q6) in the summer. i cannot remember when was the first time i saw them on the (-_-.

actully your right I remember when I was 2 years old R68/R68A's used to run on the (Q6) until April 1997 swap changes happen cause in May I remember riding R68A's and sometimes R68's on the (:rolleyes: via West End. Those were the days

That pic is an example of what an (F) looks like as an R68. The (F) definitely ran them sometime in the 1980s, it was when both the (E) and (F) were running R46s exclusively. A few R68 (not R68As) were mixed in on the (F). I never saw one on the (E), however.

The base order will be 208 cars (as stated in the capital programme) there will be enough to replace most of the R44s on the (A). There may be option orders in the future to cover the R46s but we are not sure yet.

The R68 F (I saw it awhile ago) is pretty neat!

And on topic with these oddities, I saw a R46 signed up as the D line once at Broadway Lafayette.

Archived