New Haven Westport Harlem-125 01/02/09

Fred G

Hi there ;)

I travelled out on Friday to catch some winter scenes and got to Westport and the SAGA bridge over the Saugatuck River immediately east of the MN station.

i.php?a=01-02-09+Old+Saybrook+to+NYC+via+New+Haven+and+Westport&i=03+bl20gh+125+and++126+at+new+haven.jpg&s=850

Oh yeah, gotta go to New Haven first :)

i.php?a=01-02-09+Old+Saybrook+to+NYC+via+New+Haven+and+Westport&i=06+metro+north+train+crossing+SAGA+in+westport.jpg&s=850

i.php?a=01-02-09+Old+Saybrook+to+NYC+via+New+Haven+and+Westport&i=08+tilt+a+whirl.jpg&s=850

Whoa! :)

i.php?a=01-02-09+Old+Saybrook+to+NYC+via+New+Haven+and+Westport&i=11+train+meet+on+the+bridge.jpg&s=850

i.php?a=01-02-09+Old+Saybrook+to+NYC+via+New+Haven+and+Westport&i=19+P32DM+230+passing+westport.jpg&s=850

So I'm minding my own business when I hear that Metro North is running holiday special express trains, and get this: Westport to Harlem 125 non-stop. So-o-o.....

i.php?a=01-02-09+Old+Saybrook+to+NYC+via+New+Haven+and+Westport&i=34+mn+211+and+m3a+on+park+avenue.jpg&s=850

i.php?a=01-02-09+Old+Saybrook+to+NYC+via+New+Haven+and+Westport&i=39+m7a+with+new+station+signage+at+harlem+125.jpg&s=850

New signage at Harlem; looking mad LIRR

i.php?a=01-02-09+Old+Saybrook+to+NYC+via+New+Haven+and+Westport&i=73+trains+on+park+avenue+2.jpg&s=850

i.php?a=01-02-09+Old+Saybrook+to+NYC+via+New+Haven+and+Westport&i=95+bl20gh+127+at+new+haven.jpg&s=850

Back to NH and then onto OSB. Thanks for lookin! :tup:

Excellent! Thanks for getting out in the cold to get these great photos and for sharing them with us. :cool:

Thanks and no prob.

Excellent pics Fred

Thanks, Curtis!

Great shots, my favorite is the second one.

Thanks!

Awsome pics!!

Thanks!

Sweet shots Fred!

Was #127 (BL20GH) headed to Waterbury?

Thanks,

Frank(MTA)

Thanks, Frank. No idea on where 127 was heading.

Love it Fred!

Thanks Z!

Very good!

Thanks, MTR Admiralty!

Damn, you was in town too.

I was out chasing vintage buses so I had to put off on the trains for abit. :(

Excellent stuff btw!

Thanks man! You make out ok mit da buses?

:tup::tup::tup::eek::eek::eek:

They doing track work? I see bridges!

- A

Catenary work I think, but don't quote me :)

Great pics, when did new electronic signage get put in at Harlem? Looks way too LIRR

Thanks, I really don't know when, as I haven't visited Harlem-125 since before Thanksgiving. They are that MTA look, that's for sure.

I believe they are running tests on the catenary lines to make sure that the lines are carrying the right about of electricity and that there are no gaps and whatnot, I heard it from somewhere, maybe here or Subchat.

Yes, it's catenary replacement and I'm sure you heard right about testing the new wire.

Thanks, I really don't know when, as I haven't visited Harlem-125 since before Thanksgiving. They are that MTA look, that's for sure.

Yes, it's catenary replacement and I'm sure you heard right about testing the new wire.

I want (NJT) and :septa: to get high tech 21st century catenary & track. *throws fit*:cool:

If the NYC's and NH's old lines are good enough for an update, how about the main trunk of the :nec: & other heavily used lines? :)

- A

I want (NJT) and :septa: to get high tech 21st century catenary & track. *throws fit*:cool:

If the NYC's and NH's old lines are good enough for an update, how about the main trunk of the :nec: & other heavily used lines? :D

- A

LOL, you gotta talk to them; our Santa is better than their Santa :rock:

If the NYC's and NH's old lines are good enough for an update, how about the main trunk of the :nec: & other heavily used lines? :)

- A

Hey, but in Philadelphia, you guys rebuilt the MFL. Here, we still have to find the money to rehab the West End Line stations.

Archived