My Ideas For Routes In The Future

Sea Beach

I say discontinue the (C),theres no reason for it! All it is is a local (A) train. Make the (E) replace the (C) from 50 St-Euclid so it would go local,discontinue its WTC turminus,no reason for it. Make the (E) go to Ozone instead of Euclid and discontinue the Ozone (A) branch,make (S) shuttle into (H) and run it all times,so the (A) will only have 1 branch.

Make (G) Church to Forest Hills all times,discontinue (V),extend (Q) (local) to Jamaica,make (E)(F) express from 75 Av-Van Wyck and Jamaica.

Discontinue (Z) and (W),make (N) exp all times and (Q) local all times,this would make (Q) run via Montague. Extend (J) rush hours to Kings Hwy via Sea beach and run Exp from Pacific-Kings hwy. Make (M) rush hours West End exp,manhattan bound am and Bay Pkwy bound pm.

This would most likely never happen. Just wanted to see what you guys would think about this.

I say discontinue the (C),theres no reason for it! All it is is a local (A) train. Make the (E) replace the (C) from 50 St-Euclid so it would go local,discontinue its WTC turminus,no reason for it. Make the (E) go to Ozone instead of Euclid and discontinue the Ozone (A) branch,make (S) shuttle into (H) and run it all times,so the (A) will only have 1 branch.

Make (G) Church to Forest Hills all times,discontinue (V),extend (Q) (local) to Jamaica,make (E)(F) express from 75 Av-Van Wyck and Jamaica.

Discontinue (Z) and (W),make (N) exp all times and (Q) local all times,this would make (Q) run via Montague. Extend (J) rush hours to Kings Hwy via Sea beach and run Exp from Pacific-Kings hwy. Make (M) rush hours West End exp,manhattan bound am and Bay Pkwy bound pm.

This would most likely never happen. Just wanted to see what you guys would think about this.

Don't mean to be rude....but that makes no sense @ all. Why discontinue he (C), (V) and (Z)....make the (Q) run local in Manhattan...are you nuts? lol. Leave this just the way they are. Theres a reason for the to terminate @ World Trade Center. The (Q) willl never see that side of Queens expection of Astoria if the (W) gets cut

My idea I posted on BVEStation-

(1) - No changes

(2) - Nights express in Manhattan

(3) - Nights 148 to South Ferry, Local

(4) - Nights express in Manhattan, local in Brooklyn to New Lots

(5) - Nights to 125 St. Start service to Bowling Green at 6:30 on weekends, not 9:30 Flatbush extension middays

(6) - No changes

(7) - Express service 7 days a week, except nights. Run same peak direction weekends.

(0) - No changes ((0) is the internal designation for the IRT (S))

(A) - No Lefferts service all times. Nights express in Brooklyn, local Manhattan.

(;) - Weekends Brighton Beach - Prospect Pk.

(C) - All times to Lefferts. Nights Chambers to Lefferts

(D) - Concourse Express all day weekdays except nights

(E) - QB Express nights, local east of Forest Hills

(F) - No changes

<F> - New service. 179 St. to Kings Highway. Express Hillside, QB, Culver. Local Manhattan. Service rush only.

(G) - Church Ave. - Forest Hills. 24/7

(H) - No changes

(J) - to Broad St. 24/7.

(L) - No changes

(M) - To Bay Pkwy rush hours, 9 Av. middays/evenings, Chambers weekend, Myrtle nights

(N) - Current pattern, with these modifications - via Bridge nights, use crossover south of 57 St., not at 34 St.

(Q) - No changes

(R) - To Forest Hills all times. Increase rush service, use mid-branch starts at 57 St

(S) - No changes (The Franklin shuttle is internally just (S).)

(V) - Eliminate train

(W) - Eliminate train

(Z) - Current service. Skip Bowery.

(JFK) - Reinstate Service. Run on a railroad schedule with 1 hour frequencies. Layup at 72 St. layup. Deadhead to 42 St. Stop at-

42 St. (A)(C)(E)(1)(2)(3)(7)<7>(0)(N)(Q)(R)

34 St. (A)(C)(E)

Fulton St. (A)(C)(4)(5)(2)(3)(J)(Z)

JFK Airport.

Use a special fare medium costing $10, could even be punch ticket. Have conductors walk the train and take $5 off media. Media then can be valid for AirTrain. Ensure that no passengers board northbound except Airport. Ensure no passenger gets off southbound except Airport. The $10 media would not be valid in the Howard Beach exit turnstiles, so no residents use it.

That's some bold plans you have there. However, like others, the (C)(V)(W) and (Z) are needed. I do like the (E) to go to Brooklyn, under the circumstance if the (C) can't go, but that won't likely happen.

(Q) has more stops in Brooklyn than the (N), so making the (Q) local is not a good idea, because the (Q) already has a lot to go through with all those Brighton Line stops (20 stations in Brooklyn), and the (N) Sea Beach only has 13 stops.

(Q) to Astoria seems good, but I like it only during G.O.s not to permanently replace the (W).

(1): Fine as it is.

(2): Fine as it is.

(3): Fine as it is.

(4): Fine as it is.

(5): Extend to Brooklyn College during Middays.

(6): Extend to either Bowling Green.

(A)<A>(S)(JFK): All (A) trains goes to either Far Rockaway or Lefferts Blvd. Rockaway Park (A) will be replaced by (JFK)#1. Rockaway Park (S) discontinues. (JFK) train will be same fare as subway.

(C): Fine as it is.

(D): Fine as it is.

(E): Fine as it is.

(F): Fine as it is.

(G): Except weekdays, (G) need to return to Forest Hills.

(J)/(Z): Fine as it is.

(M): Weekend service should terminate at either Chamber or Broad Sts. No comment on late night or rush hour.

(N); Fine as it is.

(Q): Same reason as 2nd Av Subway.

(S): 42nd St Shuttle, Franklin Av Shuttle- Fine as it is.

(T): Fine as planned.

(V): Fine as it is.

(W): Fine as it is.

Don't mean to be rude....but that makes no sense @ all. Why discontinue he (C, (V and (Z....make the (Q run local in Manhattan...are you nuts? lol. Leave this just the way they are. Theres a reason for the to terminate @ World Trade Center. The (Q willl never see that side of Queens expection of Astoria if the (W gets cut

your not being rude,its ok to express your thoughts. the (Q to Astoria is a good idea to.

The (V is acutally starting to increase in ridership and if the (W) is not cut then the (Q will extended to 96 St.

o yea,I forgot about the (Q via 2nd Av in the future.

Man, you are NUTS.

LOL

My idea I posted on BVEStation-

(1 - No changes

(2) - Nights express in Manhattan

(3) - Nights 148 to South Ferry, Local

(4 - Nights express in Manhattan, local in Brooklyn to New Lots

(5) - Nights to 125 St. Start service to Bowling Green at 6:30 on weekends, not 9:30 Flatbush extension middays

(6) - No changes

(7) - Express service 7 days a week, except nights. Run same peak direction weekends.

(8) - No changes ((8) is the internal designation for the IRT (S))

(A) - No Lefferts service all times. Nights express in Brooklyn, local Manhattan.

(B) - Weekends Brighton Beach - Prospect Pk.

(C) - All times to Lefferts. Nights Chambers to Lefferts

(D) - Concourse Express all day weekdays except nights

(E - QB Express nights, local east of Forest Hills

(F) - No changes

<F> - New service. 179 St. to Kings Highway. Express Hillside, QB, Culver. Local Manhattan. Service rush only.

(G) - Church Ave. - Forest Hills. 24/7

(H) - No changes

(J) - to Broad St. 24/7.

(L) - No changes

(M) - To Bay Pkwy rush hours, 9 Av. middays/evenings, Chambers weekend, Myrtle nights

(N) - Current pattern, with these modifications - via Bridge nights, use crossover south of 57 St., not at 34 St.

(Q) - No changes

(R) - To Forest Hills all times. Increase rush service, use mid-branch starts at 57 St

(S) - No changes (The Franklin shuttle is internally just (S).)

(V) - Eliminate train

(W) - Eliminate train

(Z) - Current service. Skip Bowery.

(JFK) - Reinstate Service. Run on a railroad schedule with 1 hour frequencies. Layup at 72 St. layup. Deadhead to 42 St. Stop at-

42 St. (A)(C)(E)(1)(2)(3)(7)<7>(8)(N)(Q)(R)

34 St. (A)(C)(E)

Fulton St. (A)(C)(4)(5)(2)(3)(J)(Z)

JFK Airport.

Use a special fare medium costing $10, could even be punch ticket. Have conductors walk the train and take $5 off media. Media then can be valid for AirTrain. Ensure that no passengers board northbound except Airport. Ensure no passenger gets off southbound except Airport. The $10 media would not be valid in the Howard Beach exit turnstiles, so no residents use it.

nice ideas. you just taught me something,the 8 is (S),I never knew that.

Amtrak this proposal systemwide (with the excepetion of bringing back the JFK express which IMO will never happen, either a new JFK-Lower Manhatttan or Penn Station-JFK via LIRR old Rockaway Beach line is more realistic)is actually excellent for 2-3 years from now when the sevre recession crisis is over.

With that i reply to some of the ideas and my takes below.

a)(4)(5)Late night service. The reason why the (4)runs as Lex Local overnights so that East Side local riders dont have to wait 20-30 minutes for a train. That same reason the (2)runs local overnight.

With that said unless the (5)could run to/from Brooklyn Bridge as local overnights it wont happen due to NIMBYS in East Side.

I do agree with you Amtrak 100%, that the (5)overnights should at least run to either 149-GC or 125/Lex.

B) Other than Mets games or US Open Tennis Tournment Matches during the summer, the (7)is really not that bad on weekends. Saturdays is much busier than Sunday/Holiday on the Flushing Line. With the budget crisis, no weekend service will occur right now other than the Mets Express during the baseball season.

In few years, maybe a Saturday Peak Direction express could be created that runs till 7am-8pm.

c)I agree with you (Amtrak)that the (A)should go to the Rockaways and the ©to Lefferts at all times. However there no crossover tracks at Chambers and ridership 1am-5am is very light along Fulton-8th Ave line.

So the ©late night service shuttle should end at Euclid like now.

d)I agree that the (B)should run on weekend but only if the TA never wants the (D)never wants to have that line stop at Dekalb on weekends. Why run the (B) only from Brighton-Prospect Park?

e)Why create a <(F)> to replace the (V)? It just makes more sense to extend the (V)to Church Ave weekdays till appx. 8pm and extend it to Kings Highway rush hours. Your <(F)>is almost the same thing as extending the (V)to Brooklyn except it's Queens Blvd express.

f)Unless the (F)could run on 53rd and the (V)could run on 63rd, the (G)can not return to QB weekdays due to congestion & track switch problems.

g)IMO, the (W)should stay as a rush hour only train as compromise. The ®could be crush loaded as the one Bway Local so if the (W)is canned, the (N)IMO should run on it's weekend service pattern via Bway Local & then express Canal-59th-Sunset Park all other times.

h)a better idea is this idea imo for SW Brooklyn 4th Ave service. The (M)should run on Bay Ridge-4th Ave rush hours and no longer to Bay Pwy on the (D)line. For short trip service, have alternative ®rush hours only terminate at Whitehall instead for short turn trips.

just my takes. Feel free to reply?

(A)- ALL times Lefferts blvd to 207

(C) - stay

(H) - far rockaway or Rockaway park

For a 10-year young man not a bad idea. I could live with the any of the (A) Lefferts or Far Rockaway branches being renamed the (H).

With that said, the Rockaway Park shuttle does not need 1-seat all night/24-7 service to/from Manhattan. I think it could be argued that the Rock Park(S)

overnights should be scrapped and replaced with Q53 or shuttle bus service.

i want these service changes to take effect:

(3): extend late night service to 14th Street

(4): have it stop at 138th Street-Grand Concourse at all times. Honestly, why does it need to bypass that station during rush hours?

(5): extend late night service to 42nd Street-Grand Central via Bronx local and Lexington Avenue Express

(6)<6>: have all trains run to Pelham Bay Park at all times and <6> run express from 3rd Avenue-138th Street to Pelham Bay Park. Keep express timeframe the same.

(9): bring back that train. have it run weekdays only as an express in peak direction between 242nd Street, Bronx and 96th Street, Manhattan and local from 96th Street to South Ferry.

(A)(C): extend the (C) to Ozone Park-Lefferts Boulevard and have all (A) trains run to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue. Keep the late night lefferts shuttle the same.

(B): MUST RUN ON WEEKENDS!!!

(D): make all stops on its entire route during late night hours.

(G): extend to Kings Highway at all times and run express weekdays between Church Avenue and Kings Highway in peak direction.

(J)(Z): extend time frame of skip-stop service to 6-9 a.m. and 4-8 p.m. and have it run in both directions. have all (Z) trains bypass all stations between Broadway Junction and Marcy Avenue (except Myrtle Avenue) and the (J) run local at all times. the (J) also needs to terminate at Broad Street at all times.

(M): extend midday service to Bay Parkway, but keep all West End trains local.

(R): operate between Forest Hills-71st Avenue and Bay Ridge-95th Street at all times so the (Q) and (F) can keep their express services. this would also allow the (N) to make express stops along 4th Avenue at all times.

Rockaway Park Shuttle: extend train intervals from every 20 minutes to every 10.

all other lines should stay the same

Flushing Express the Rockaway Park (S)shuttle is dead late at night? Have you been on it? It does not need 10 minute headways and if anything late night service should be replaced by the bus.

during late nights, all trains run every 20 minutes. maybe not all the time the Rockaway Park Shuttle needs 10 minute headways, but i think during the summer months, it does.

during late nights, all trains run every 20 minutes. maybe not all the time the Rockaway Park Shuttle needs 10 minute headways, but i think during the summer months, it does.

That I agree Flushing Express that during the summer months the Rock Park (S)should run every 10 minutes.

At that time of year, I beleive the TA also uses full 8-car trains.Most of the day already inclding weekends, the Rock Park (S)operates every 12-15 minutes till 10-11pm then it every 20 minutes.

i want these service changes to take effect:

(3): extend late night service to 14th Street

(4): have it stop at 138th Street-Grand Concourse at all times. Honestly, why does it need to bypass that station during rush hours?

(5): extend late night service to 42nd Street-Grand Central via Bronx local and Lexington Avenue Express

(6)<6>: have all trains run to Pelham Bay Park at all times and <6> run express from 3rd Avenue-138th Street to Pelham Bay Park. Keep express timeframe the same.

(9): bring back that train. have it run weekdays only as an express in peak direction between 242nd Street, Bronx and 96th Street, Manhattan and local from 96th Street to South Ferry.

(A)(C): extend the (C) to Ozone Park-Lefferts Boulevard and have all (A) trains run to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue. Keep the late night lefferts shuttle the same.

(B): MUST RUN ON WEEKENDS!!!

(D): make all stops along Central Park West and express stops in Brooklyn during late night hours.

(G): extend to Kings Highway at all times and run express weekdays between Church Avenue and Kings Highway in peak direction.

(J)(Z): extend time frame of skip-stop service to 6-9 a.m. and 4-8 p.m. and have it run in both directions. have all (Z) trains bypass all stations between Broadway Junction and Marcy Avenue (except Myrtle Avenue) and the (J) run local at all times. the (J) also needs to terminate at Broad Street at all times.

(M): extend midday service to Bay Parkway, but keep all West End trains local.

(R): operate between Forest Hills-71st Avenue and Bay Ridge-95th Street at all times so the (Q) and (F) can keep their express services.

Rockaway Park Shuttle: extend train intervals from every 20 minutes to every 10.

all other lines should stay the same

Flushing Express other replies.

1)The (9)will never return mainly because of the fact many riders in West Harlem/ashington Heights board at local stations. Plus at stops between Dyckman and 137th there is no express tracks so it wont work.

2)Maybe extend the (G)to Kings Highway rush hours only. Trust me i used to live near Coney Iland, the (F)culver line *south of Church Ave* does not need added service other than rush hours.

3)<6>does not need to run 24/7 to Pelham Park. Flushing express have you been on late night service often? I have. Maybe extend the Pelham <6> express to 11pm weekdays but that it. There plenty of seats between Pelham Bay and Parkchester late nights. The (6)is most busy between Parkchester and 125th.

Everything else i agree on your above propsals but because of the budget crisis it wont occur for while. I do believe the (D)should still be a Local in Brooklyn late nights so 6th Ave and Brighton line(vice versa)could transfer at Deklab Ave.

I'll just give a brief list of reasons why these plans wouldn't work (unless there is a need for more service cuts like R-7 said).

1. If you extend the (E) you are drastically increasing the length of the line making it much more prone to delays. The (E) already has enough on its "shoulders". If you want the (A) to have only a Rockaway Branch extend the (C) to Lefferts and Rockaway riders get more service. It's ok for the (A) to have two Rockaway branches because the Rockaway line is among the least used in the system.

2. You cannot switch a train from local to the express tracks at Forest Hills. There is always a train being cleared of passengers at Forest Hills, you'll just hold (Q) trains in the tunnel waiting for those trains to be cleared. You're doing more harm than help discontinuing the (V) for many more reasons than I have time typing out. There needs to be a local variant to the (E) to ease crowding but this thread isn't about debating the (V). I agree with the Church extension though, as well as the FH extension except for rush hours.

3. There is no need for a West End or a Sea Beach express. Both lines are not heavily used enough to warrant express service on either line. Also, if the (Q) runs local it has nowhere to terminate at 57th St.

I'll just give a brief list of reasons why these plans wouldn't work (unless there is a need for more service cuts like R-7 said).

1. If you extend the (E) you are drastically increasing the length of the line making it much more prone to delays. The (E) already has enough on its "shoulders". If you want the (A) to have only a Rockaway Branch extend the (C) to Lefferts and Rockaway riders get more service. It's ok for the (A) to have two Rockaway branches because the Rockaway line is among the least used in the system.

2. You cannot switch a train from local to the express tracks at Forest Hills. There is always a train being cleared of passengers at Forest Hills, you'll just hold (Q) trains in the tunnel waiting for those trains to be cleared. You're doing more harm than help discontinuing the (V) for many more reasons than I have time typing out. There needs to be a local variant to the (E) to ease crowding but this thread isn't about debating the (V). I agree with the Church extension though, as well as the FH extension except for rush hours.

3. There is no need for a West End or a Sea Beach express. Both lines are not heavily used enough to warrant express service on either line. Also, if the (Q) runs local it has nowhere to terminate at 57th St.

Perfectly stated replies my friend.B)

Amtrak this proposal systemwide (with the excepetion of bringing back the JFK express which IMO will never happen, either a new JFK-Lower Manhatttan or Penn Station-JFK via LIRR old Rockaway Beach line is more realistic)is actually excellent for 2-3 years from now when the sevre recession crisis is over.

With that i reply to some of the ideas and my takes below.

a)(4)(5)Late night service. The reason why the (4)runs as Lex Local overnights so that East Side local riders dont have to wait 20-30 minutes for a train. That same reason the (2)runs local overnight.

With that said unless the (5)could run to/from Brooklyn Bridge as local overnights it wont happen due to NIMBYS in East Side.

I do agree with you Amtrak 100%, that the (5)overnights should at least run to either 149-GC or 125/Lex.

B) Other than Mets games or US Open Tennis Tournment Matches during the summer, the (7)is really not that bad on weekends. Saturdays is much busier than Sunday/Holiday on the Flushing Line. With the budget crisis, no weekend service will occur right now other than the Mets Express during the baseball season.

In few years, maybe a Saturday Peak Direction express could be created that runs till 7am-8pm.

c)I agree with you (Amtrak)that the (A)should go to the Rockaways and the ©to Lefferts at all times. However there no crossover tracks at Chambers and ridership 1am-5am is very light along Fulton-8th Ave line.

So the ©late night service shuttle should end at Euclid like now.

d)I agree that the (B)should run on weekend but only if the TA never wants the (D)never wants to have that line stop at Dekalb on weekends. Why run the (B) only from Brighton-Prospect Park?

e)Why create a <(F)> to replace the (V)? It just makes more sense to extend the (V)to Church Ave weekdays till appx. 8pm and extend it to Kings Highway rush hours. Your <(F)>is almost the same thing as extending the (V)to Brooklyn except it's Queens Blvd express.

f)Unless the (F)could run on 53rd and the (V)could run on 63rd, the (G)can not return to QB weekdays due to congestion & track switch problems.

g)IMO, the (W)should stay as a rush hour only train as compromise. The ®could be crush loaded as the one Bway Local so if the (W)is canned, the (N)IMO should run on it's weekend service pattern via Bway Local & then express Canal-59th-Sunset Park all other times.

h)a better idea is this idea imo for SW Brooklyn 4th Ave service. The (M)should run on Bay Ridge-4th Ave rush hours and no longer to Bay Pwy on the (D)line. For short trip service, have alternative ®rush hours only terminate at Whitehall instead for short turn trips.

just my takes. Feel free to reply?

I agree with ideas B, C, and G. I will modify my original post to reflect these changes.

A) alternate express service/local service.

For example, under my plan at GCT S/B-

Each character represents 10 min.

Local-(4)(6)(4)(6)(4)(6), so on.

Express- (4)-(4)-(4)-(4), so on.

D) Alternative service is not necessary on weekends on the upper CPW.

6 Av. idea would be 57 St.-Prospect Pk.

Use wrong side of 63/Lex as terminal.

E/F) A related idea would be to make ALL (F)'s express in Brooklyn north of Church. Keep the (V) and run (G) Queens Plaza-Church.

H) I support the extra ®'s, but why Bay Ridge for the (M)?

EDIT: It appears this forum has an editing time limit, so I can't modify my original post.

Flushing Express other replies.

1)The (9)will never return mainly because of the fact many riders in West Harlem/ashington Heights board at local stations. Plus at stops between Dyckman and 137th there is no express tracks so it wont work.

2)Maybe extend the (G)to Kings Highway rush hours only. Trust me i used to live near Coney Iland, the (F)culver line *south of Church Ave* does not need added service other than rush hours.

3)<6>does not need to run 24/7 to Pelham Park. Flushing express have you been on late night service often? I have. Maybe extend the Pelham <6> express to 11pm weekdays but that it. There plenty of seats between Pelham Bay and Parkchester late nights. The (6)is most busy between Parkchester and 125th.

Everything else i agree on your above propsals but because of the budget crisis it wont occur for while. I do believe the (D)should still be a Local in Brooklyn late nights so 6th Ave and Brighton line(vice versa)could transfer at Deklab Ave.

this is just a fantasy. i know this will NEVER happen. i am not allowed to ride the subway late at nights, so idk what is going down there. i just know trains run every 20 minutes and there is hardly any express service to do that. i just cannot tolerate local service only on the (1) and Brooklyn (F) lines. now that i think of it, in my list of changes i want, have the (R) run to Forest Hills at all times, keep the (D) the same, and have the (N) run express in Brooklyn at all times since the (N)(R) serve the same line in Manhattan.

Archived