Should Bonds, Clemens, McGuire, Sosa & AROD be banned from MLB's Hall of Fame?

Shortline Bus

Ok. A simple question. Should all of the players who have either been accused or been caught/admission to taking steriods or any 'body enhancing drugs' be allowed to be in the hall of fame? Recent or upcoming Hall of Fame finalists from Mark McGuire, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa, Rafel Palermo, Barry Bonds and of Course "AROD" will be judged? Ideally should those forentioned players be banned for MLB or the Hall of Fame for life like Pete Rose and the 1919 "Black Sox' Players? I offer my takes later just want your guys views.

Yes, because what they did, they didn't do by their own strengths. They used (or allegedly used) drugs. Babe Ruth did it on the power of Hot Dogs (and possibly booze). Others did it on their own strengths. These juicers, did not. A Rod though I can have some sympathy for, since he isn't that built like the others are. He doesn't look like he juices. Since he did, he should sue who gave it to him, since it didn't seem to do to much for his muscular physique.......

Yes, because what they did, they didn't do by their own strengths. They used (or allegedly used) drugs. Babe Ruth did it on the power of Hot Dogs (and possibly booze). Others did it on their own strengths. These juicers, did not. A Rod though I can have some sympathy for, since he isn't that built like the others are. He doesn't look like he juices. Since he did, he should sue who gave it to him, since it didn't seem to do to much for his muscular physique.......

Again the only ppl. i feel bad for is the older former greats like Maris and Aaron who did on blood sweet and tears.

I don't think so. What will the exhibit say?

"This man was someone of high esteem--to his pharmacist. Purchasing, week after week, steroids of the gods! And yet, his impressive talents led him to even fail at the simple task of covering yourself and telling the truth."

I don't think so. What will the exhibit say?

"This man was someone of high esteem--to his pharmacist. Purchasing, week after week, steroids of the gods! And yet, his impressive talents led him to even fail at the simple task of covering yourself and telling the truth."

Yes.

- A

I got two words for you:

HELL NO!!!

BTW: Sosa never took steroids, they are making accusations against him.

Young man sorry to disagree but heard of the "Mitchell Report." Sosa is on that list. If he or the hundreds of players are 'innocent' why not sue former Sen. Mitchell the head of that report?

Young man sorry to disagree but heard of the "Mitchell Report." Sosa is on that list. If he or the hundreds of players are 'innocent' why not sue former Sen. Mitchell the head of that report?

Okay, fine, but I still think players like A-Rod, or Pudge, or Sheffield, should be inducted into HOF, except with a note next to their plague, but Bonds, McQwire, and Clemens are lights out.

Okay, fine, but I still think players like A-Rod, or Pudge, or Sheffield, should be inducted into HOF, except with a note next to their plague, but Bonds, McQwire, and Clemens are lights out.

What, players who acknowledge their mistakes and are genuinely sorry? I agree, but I honestly don't know how we can test honesty.

My takes is this. Only Bonds(yes he a 'jerk' but he one of the 10 best athleles in MLB history)Clemens and A Rod(assuming he stays clean)are HOF eligible.

Good players like McGuire, Sosa, Sheffield, Palmero, etc. would never be in the mix IMO for Cooperstown wittout the 'juice.'

Look at the stats. McGuire would only have around 300 carrer home runs while Sosa maybe 350-400 home runs tops. That why those cheats(no this is not a mistype)along with Bud Selig, Players boss Donald Fehr and most of the MLB Owners sold themselves to the deill fter the 1994-95 strike and looked the other way to get back fans and attendence.

I dont think the formerntioned got to look like body buliders by accident by taking Flinstsones vitamins alone either.:mad:

absolutely not. they were caught, others were not, and there is no telling if any of the players already in juiced or not during their careers. like it or not, steroids were part of the game and that be that. it's no different than pitchers who benefitted from spitballs, or higher mounds, or whatever. tryign to measure the effect of steroids in numbers is completely pointless. these guys were all great players in their own right and must go in because like it are not them and steroids are part of baseball.

when the NFL catches a player doing steroids, they get suspended do their time and go back to playing no biggie because in the NFL fans don't care about stats.

baseball for some reason they do (laaaame...) so when a guy gets caught all people can think to ask is "how many of his home runs were legit?"

pete rose should be in the hall too. more than 4,000 hits and he's out because he bet on baseball. ok fine, don't give him a speech if you feel that strongly, but put him in. he's the all time hit leader for cryin out loud.

backwards thinking like this is why roger maris died never knowing he held the actual home run record for a single season and why steroids have ballooned into this "epic scandal" with taxpayer dollars wasted investigating it when other sports have had offenders too but much more quietly

Any player who test positive for steroids at any point in their career should be banned from the hall of fame. End of discussion.

No, never, for example, if Sheffield or Giambi ever get to 500 HR, they still should be HOF eligible, because they took performance-enhancing drugs not to break their records but to either recover from an injury, or get out of a slump. If Albert Pujols hits 500 HR in the next few years, people are gonna start raising eyebrows, and if he does choose to do steriods, he's still eligible because he is the one of the fastest players to reach 300+ HR.

absolutely not. they were caught, others were not, and there is no telling if any of the players already in juiced or not during their careers. like it or not, steroids were part of the game and that be that. it's no different than pitchers who benefitted from spitballs, or higher mounds, or whatever. tryign to measure the effect of steroids in numbers is completely pointless. these guys were all great players in their own right and must go in because like it are not them and steroids are part of baseball.

when the NFL catches a player doing steroids, they get suspended do their time and go back to playing no biggie because in the NFL fans don't care about stats.

baseball for some reason they do (laaaame...) so when a guy gets caught all people can think to ask is "how many of his home runs were legit?"

pete rose should be in the hall too. more than 4,000 hits and he's out because he bet on baseball. ok fine, don't give him a speech if you feel that strongly, but put him in. he's the all time hit leader for cryin out loud.

backwards thinking like this is why roger maris died never knowing he held the actual home run record for a single season and why steroids have ballooned into this "epic scandal" with taxpayer dollars wasted investigating it when other sports have had offenders too but much more quietly

Subway Guy Great commentary and well said. Your views are well said. Plus what not fair IMO but it's late now is that the old Soviet Olympic "althehes' in the 1970's and 80's winning tons of gold medals and world championships probably on the 'juice' yet the american media never going as crazy as the MLB players.

Off Topic. Pete Rose should have been in the Hall of Fame years ago. Rose desereved a long term suspension on betting. And it happened as he was Head Coach of the Reds not doing his playing days.

Also time to put Maris in the Hall of Fame too. While i was a fan of Twins HOF Kirby Putckett , Maris had better carrer stats than him and several HOF members. Not to mention Maris played in 6 world series, winning '3 rings.

(1961-64 Yankees and 1967-68 Cardinals)

Subway Guy Great commentary and well said. Your views are well said. Plus what not fair IMO but it's late now is that the old Soviet Olympic "althehes' in the 1970's and 80's winning tons of gold medals and world championships probably on the 'juice' yet the american media never going as crazy as the MLB players.

This is off topic, but all I have to say about this comment is: EAST GERMANY. Click the link. Read the article.

Back on topic: I'm gonna have to agree with SubwayGuy and Ulmer.

This is off topic, but all I have to say about this comment is: EAST GERMANY. Click the link. Read the article.

Back on topic: I'm gonna have to agree with SubwayGuy and Ulmer.

Thanks for the link. 7line. This also raises the argument on whether the Olympics from 1964-1992(end of the Soviet empire)should also have an asterik. Same thing for MLB Baseball from around 1995-2006 too.

Guest Charles
If they put em' up already... Well, I don't think they should ban them... Put up, don't regret...

But do you realize how big of a deal steriods are?! It's not just, "My bad...I did it...let's move on..." There's a lot more than that!

Well, it is my rules and regulations... "Put it up, don't regret, no excuse..."

AW Wang. A bit of advice. You dont have to comment in every thread on these boards if you dont know something. Are you a sports or baseball fan Wang? If not maybe saying something on subject you dont know makes little sense.

Archived