At the end of the line

fx20736

How many of you have discovered restaurants, bars, parks, stores or other attractions right near the end of a Subway line that you never would have known about had you not gone exploring and which you like to frequent? I remember eating at a tiny diner right off the Beach 116th St stop(H) , at a pizza joint right under the tracks at the Pelham Bay Park end of the (6) and as I mentioned in my intro the great Dorney & Malones underneath the (1) at 242nd/ B'way. Sometime I want to ride the (7) to Main St and find a great Korean restaurant. Having a destination at the end of the line adds to the joy of riding to the end of the line.

How many of you have discovered restaurants, bars, parks, stores or other attractions right near the end of a Subway line that you never would have known about had you not gone exploring and which you like to frequent? I remember eating at a tiny diner right off the Beach 116th St stop(H) , at a pizza joint right under the tracks at the Pelham Bay Park end of the (6) and as I mentioned in my intro the great Dorney & Malones underneath the (1) at 242nd/ B'way. Sometime I want to ride the (7) to Main St and find a great Korean restaurant. Having a destination at the end of the line adds to the joy of riding to the end of the line.

Well, the end of the line is where a lot of people go on and off,which brings good business.

Some of the better ones I know of and the last stops they are walking distance from:

Villa Pizza - Rockaway Pkway (L)

Tony and Val's Pizza - 242nd-VCP (1)

Chatham Restaurant (Chinese) - Brooklyn Bridge (6)

Joe's Bestburger - Flushing-Main St (7)

Croxley Ale House - 2nd Avenue (V)

It's not technically a last stop (only for the (;)), but since ALL IND trains dump there so I will include it...Bedford Park Blvd. There's a pretty good Mexican restaurant between the (4) station and the (:P(D) station, don't remember the name of it though.

Hey Guys... umm ;)

Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue (D)(F)(N)(Q)

Nathans!

--------------------------

-Brighton Beach used to have Mrs. Stalls Knishes, but that place is gone for almost 10 years now....Now just Pizza & Subway

-Exit the Non-rush hour (5) Trains at Bowling Green for Chipotle; one of the best Restaurants Ever!

-Rush Hour (M) to Bay Parkway, Awesome Pizzeria right under the Station on 86 Street

-When the (N) Terminated at Gravesend-86 St, L & B Spumoni Gardens - 86 St/Av V, Love that place!

Ok some more resturants at 'end of line' on many NYC subway lines not yet mentioned.

Brooklyn

Stillwell-Coney Island-(D)(N)(Q)(F)-Besides Nathan's,a Popeye Chicken Joint and a nice Chiense Buffeett Resturant on the B74/64/68 Mermaid Enterence/Exit.

Bay Ridge-86th St.(R)(If this counts) McDonalds (1/2 block away)several pizza joints and a Greek Resturant.

95th-Bay Ridge (R) Walking distance to nice diners along 3rd Avenue between 86th St and the Bay(101 Street)

Flatbush/Nostrand (Brooklyn College) (2) (5)weekdays only-McDonalds, White Castle, Burger King, Subway, Wendy's/Popyes Chicken-(one store) Golden Crust and Starbucks are the 'chain' joints here.

Crown Heights-Utica (3)(4)-McDonalds, Popeyes and Subway are the main global fast food chain here. Plus couple of West Indian and Chiense Resturants too.

Manhattan

207th St-Inwood-(A) McDonalds, Popeyes and several Chiense and Latino Resturants.

57th/7th (Q)tons of places to eat within 4 blocks of this location. Besides Mickey D's, there the Stage Deli, Cargaine Deli and several more internationalyly known resturants that not cheap.

Just a few off top of my head. More to come.

There is an awesome little diner right in front of the Southern/Western stairs at 242nd Street on the (1) called the Short Stop. They have great food and it's pretty cheap. Plus, it always reminds me of Clerks, which is awesome.

There is also a great tequila dive bar a block away, for those who enjoy having a tipple. And Van Cortlandt Park is there, where you can enjoy a walking tour of the Putnam RR Getty Square Branch (lol)

There is an awesome little diner right in front of the Southern/Western stairs at 242nd Street on the (1) called the Short Stop. They have great food and it's pretty cheap. Plus, it always reminds me of Clerks, which is awesome.

There is also a great tequila dive bar a block away, for those who enjoy having a tipple. And Van Cortlandt Park is there, where you can enjoy a walking tour of the Putnam RR Getty Square Branch (lol)

Yeah one of my friends lives up in that area and there is a ton of stuff to eat around there. There are at least two good pizza places (I mentioned Tony and Val's which is further north because I like their staff and they are Yankee fans), there's a Mexican place that's pretty good, for the unadventurous there's a Burger King, and yes there are plenty of bars. Also a Dunkin Donuts, great in the summertime for some iced coffee or a coolata...There's also a steakhouse a few blocks north of the station but I'm not sure how good it is since I've never been there myself and I can't remember the name off the top of my head. If I remember correct it's right by the deli that's across the street from the park.

Bay Ridge 95th St (R) UNO's Chicago Pizza,Bar & Grill (92 St) (This place served me whisky and got drunk from it,I asked for a lemonade.) and Lai Yuen Chinese Restauraunt on 101 St,its worth the walk trust me! :D

Gravesend 86th St (N) Spumoni Gardens Pizzeria & Restauraunt (W8 St/Lake Place) (May not be the last stop but this place has the best pizza)

Bay Ridge 95th St (R) UNO's Chicago Pizza,Bar & Grill (92 St) (This place served me whisky and got drunk from it,I asked for a lemonade.) and Lai Yuen Chinese Restauraunt on 101 St,its worth the walk trust me! :D

Gravesend 86th St (N) Spumoni Gardens Pizzeria & Restauraunt (W8 St/Lake Place) (May not be the last stop but this place has the best pizza)

Ok cool about Bay Ridge.

Yeah one of my friends lives up in that area and there is a ton of stuff to eat around there. There are at least two good pizza places (I mentioned Tony and Val's which is further north because I like their staff and they are Yankee fans), there's a Mexican place that's pretty good, for the unadventurous there's a Burger King, and yes there are plenty of bars. Also a Dunkin Donuts, great in the summertime for some iced coffee or a coolata...There's also a steakhouse a few blocks north of the station but I'm not sure how good it is since I've never been there myself and I can't remember the name off the top of my head. If I remember correct it's right by the deli that's across the street from the park.

I've always wanted to go to that steakhouse; the one with the black awning? And yeah, I know Tony and Val's, they are really nice there!

There's a pretty decent seafood restaurant at 231st St, and there's an IHOP there, which is awesome. It's close enough to the end of the line though I suppose.

In Van Cortlandt Park there is a public pool too, which I am sure is nice during the summer (although maybe not for the lifeguards-it's so crowded!). And the tour of the Van Cortlandt House is really cool, for us history-minded folk!

I've always wanted to go to that steakhouse; the one with the black awning? And yeah, I know Tony and Val's, they are really nice there!

There's a pretty decent seafood restaurant at 231st St, and there's an IHOP there, which is awesome. It's close enough to the end of the line though I suppose.

In Van Cortlandt Park there is a public pool too, which I am sure is nice during the summer (although maybe not for the lifeguards-it's so crowded!). And the tour of the Van Cortlandt House is really cool, for us history-minded folk!

Yeah that's the one (the steakhouse)...I've been meaning to go there for a while too but just never seem to get around to it...

IHOP = godly awesomeness

VCP is pretty cool..back in high school days we used to do the 2 and a half mile cross country course up there. doubt i can do it now though...maybe walking...

Archived